Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 19,501 to 19,520 of 70,086

KirbyTheVampire

I'm not a fan of the art style either, but I wouldn't be buying the game even if I did like it. JRPGs just aren't for me, outside of a select few games that are technically JRPGs but don't seem like them at all.

I can't say I've ever avoided a game purely based on things like art style or setting. For example, I'm really not a big fan of Oblivion's art style or pretty generic setting compared to games like Skyrim or Morrowind, both of which have art styles and settings that I quite enjoy (outside of how dated looking the games are, especially Morrowind and unmodded/non-Special Edition Skyrim), but that wasn't a factor in my decision to buy the game.

To each their own, though. We all have our reasons for not buying games.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

JaxonH

Fallout will come. Hines says they've got more in the oven.

Fallout is for sure a lock. The question is do they have anything beyond that... and will enough Nintendo fans go out there and support these games, or will they let them fall by the wayside and send a message that this is not what we want to play.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Late

@Inertiacreep Switch saves are stored into system memory. Unfortunately, there's no way to move them to SD card.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

skywake

Inertiacreep wrote:

@Late well if you can do that, why can't you transfer saves that way?

The limitations on save file moment is a security thing not a technical one. Nintendo could very easily let you do whatever you want with saves. But they don't because save file exploits are a thing.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

StuTwo

@Knighty_IX Those are some incredible figures. The only question now is whether Switch will have overtaken the total lifetime sales of Wii U by the end of the year or whether it happens in the first few months of 2018.

Longer term it looks like Switch will eventually exceed the total sales of the 3DS and (especially since Nintendo has no other obvious place to go with hardware) we'll probably see the platform endure for a very long time.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Look it was never going to fail as hard as the Wii U, nothing could. That was a disaster from concept to finish. But I'm fairly sure it won't surpass 3DS sales. The sales are impressive, can it maintain that though? I don't think so. It's fairly crap that you've to wait a year to get basic things like a browser and Virtual Console. That's potentially 20-25% of its life missing common features.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

jariw

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

Look it was never going to fail as hard as the Wii U, nothing could. That was a disaster from concept to finish. But I'm fairly sure it won't surpass 3DS sales. The sales are impressive, can it maintain that though? I don't think so. It's fairly crap that you've to wait a year to get basic things like a browser and Virtual Console. That's potentially 20-25% of its life missing common features.

Quoting this for future reference.

jariw

-Green-

1-2 Switch selling as much as it has sort of caught me off guard. Completely forgot it even existed tbh, considering most people don't even seem to mention it.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Inertiacreep

@-Green- yea i can't believe that's one of the top 5 selling titles.. sure feel bad for all those sobs

Inertiacreep

JaxonH

Oh please. I read that from the quoted post above.

Before Switch launched dude specifically said it was going to fail harder than Wii U. Word for word.

Now the goalpost have moved to not selling as well as the 3DS. Take a screen cap boys because in five years those goalposts will be moved once again.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JoyBoy

What @JaxonH is trying to say here is this article, for example; https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/02/arm_confirms_that_th...

The comments are a fun read!

I like this one:

SLIGEACH_EIRE:
Dead in the water.

I remember reading the rumours that they couldn't wait for the X2 to be mass producable and in a way I understand. Still, it's going to haunt them big time. And it's not just about power that the X2 chip has benefits.

And this one:

SLIGEACH_EIRE:
@JaxonH @BLP_Software Should I screengrab your nonsense for a later date when I can tell you, I told you so? Nintendo are their own worst enemy. I've been right all throughout Nintendo's history whether their product will be successful or not. Right now, the Switch is on the path to failure.

And I like this one the best:

Spanjard:
@SLIGEACH_EIRE Screengrabbed!

Those were fun times. But I like these better!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Question. In Mario Kart on switch can more than two players play split-screen in handheld mode with one switch? Are there multiplayer games on switch that allow up to 4 player on handheld mode?

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Pazzo-TheFool

Nice figures! Nintendo Switch: next stop, Wii U sale numbers.

Can't wait to see these new IPs! Bring on the bizzare and interesting.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Scrummer

The fact that, in 7 months, the Switch has sold more than half of the amount the Wii U sold is beyond impressive.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

SLIGEACH_EIRE

JaxonH wrote:

Oh please. I read that from the quoted post above.

Before Switch launched dude specifically said it was going to fail harder than Wii U. Word for word.

Now the goalpost have moved to not selling as well as the 3DS. Take a screen cap boys because in five years those goalposts will be moved once again.

Complete nonsense! Show me where I said the Switch would fail worse than the Wii U? I've moved no goalposts. Nothing could fail worse than the Wii U. It was an unmitigated disaster from concept to its grave in so many ways. I believe I said that it'll sell 30-35 million units over its lifetime. I could well be wrong, it might sell double that but I don't believe it'll sell more than 3DS, not in its current guise and at that price.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

JaxonH

Did they really say 600,000 million 3DS lol? So which is it. 600k or 6 mil, or 600 billion?

I was expecting 6.5 mil for Switch. They're a full million above that- which definitely means they increased supply. I'm just glad Switch is doing well. It doesn't have to break records or be the next Wii. Just so long as it's not another Wii U, we can rest easy that it will get the full brunt of Nintendo's support, and a healthy spread of 3rd party games.

@Spanjard

Well done. Apologies if I couldn't do it myself but some people are on my ignore list and I've kinda moved on from dealing with the nonsense posts. I just happened to read that by chance in a quote. It's important to hold people accountable to their words though- if they know they're going to be held accountable they might be a little more careful with what they say. When they know they can't just deny it the following week and pretend they never said it.

NaviAndMii

@SMEXIZELDAMAN It does - but I personally wouldn't recommend it...I tried 2 player split-screen in tabletop mode and found that to be just about playable (not too bad) but splitting it still further - a 3.1inch (across the diagonal) corner of the screen each - would be too much of a strain on my ageing eyes!

Untitled

...I, personally, much prefer 'full screen' multiplayer games (like Overcooked) for tabletop play - having all players on one screen just makes for a far more comfortable experience, I find

Untitled

(..still, nice to have the option if you're desperate for some 4-player Mario Kart action on-the-go though, I guess!)

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

adamatsu

@SLIGEACH_EIRE haha you are funny man, always arguing away about the switch sales and stuff, amazing stuff...switch will sell far, far in excess of 30 million, no question...it's already clear your prediction was very wrong but to be fair I don't think many people saw it being such a success story.

adamatsu

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic