Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 13,621 to 13,640 of 69,997

Ryu_Niiyama

@JoeDiddley Nope not at all, I have pretty crap internet but I have no issues with staying connected. Was playing some KoF last night actually. But I'll test while I'm grilling today and let you know to be sure. I don't use the parental controls app though.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JoeDiddley

@Ryu_Niiyama ah ok. I can still see other people are online, but the play time just isn't counting on my Neo Geo games for some reason.

I just want my 15 hours of KOF recognised dagnammit 😉 And Garou when payday comes.

I only downloaded the parental controls app as it was cool to see my most played games of the month etc. I liked these features on my 3DS.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Ryu_Niiyama

@JoeDiddley Nope, you are correct. I just tested again in KoF 98 and I'm showing as offline.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

JoeDiddley

@Ryu_Niiyama I should write and complain (joking, not something I'm ever bothered to do). But if I was to flag the issue I'm not sure if it should be to Nintendo or Hamster?

Ryu_Niiyama

@JoeDiddley It would go to hamster. Your switch is working fine. Maybe it is because there is no online component to the NEOGEO games?

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

JoeDiddley

@Ryu_Niiyama interesting theory. Thanks for checking with this.

I'm trying to think about other 3rd party games without an online component. I've not played enough of Thumper Or Wonderboy to hit 5 hours. Thumper has online leaderboards, can't remember if the KOF one is local only. I have Shovel Knight which displays my play time accurately, can't think of any online component for that. All the above do show I'm online when I'm playing.

I might message Hamster's fb page perhaps.

JoeDiddley

@FGPackers that's really positive if it's true

skywake

@FGPackers
It would make a lot of sense and isn't really that outlandish when you think about it. It's definitely quite a number of units to produce but remember that it's units produced not units sold. At one point or another the Wii, DS, 3DS, PS3, PSP, PS4 and 360 all hit ~15mill units in one year. The only consoles where that number of units produced in a year would have been reckless would be the Wii U and Vita.

Still crazy to be going for that number right out of the gate... especially immediately after the Wii U.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Luna_110

@FGPackers
Let's hope it is true. The one two punch of Monster Hunter and Splatoon in Japan will cause serious shortage problems there, and the situation in the Americas isn't that much better.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Grumblevolcano

@Luna_110 Yeah there's also stuff like the expansion of already existing Switch games, BotW at the very least. DLC pack 1 for BotW will be out and we'll likely know details about the story content in pack 2.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

JoeDiddley wrote:

interesting theory. Thanks for checking with this.

I'm trying to think about other 3rd party games without an online component. I've not played enough of Thumper Or Wonderboy to hit 5 hours. Thumper has online leaderboards, can't remember if the KOF one is local only. I have Shovel Knight which displays my play time accurately, can't think of any online component for that. All the above do show I'm online when I'm playing.

I might message Hamster's fb page perhaps.

No problem, somebody asks me to test a fighting game is not considered a chore. I am a bit light on the eshop games right now so I can't test anything else. I started to go NEO GEO crazy but I remembered I have most of this stuff at home in some fashion. Plus I want to buy myself an AES or MVS for xmas. (I'm still going to buy them but I want to get some newer eshop games first) so atm KoF is all I have. (MUST RESIST GAROU)

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Spoony_Tech

I've already said I believe they are pushing the 4 million mark or maybe even more in less then 3 months and not during a major holiday season. Splatoon 2 will move a million systems in Japan alone as will Monster Hunter. There's no telling how many systems Mario will move in 6 months! If they're not at 10 million by years end I would be surprised.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

I just ordered the Hori Pro V Hayabusa Fight Stick from Amazon Japan. About $150 but get this, Amazon wanted over $200 for shipping! My total came to like, $350 and I was like woah, wait a sec.

Cancelled the order, then re-ordered using my Tenso forwarding address for Japan imports. Their site says even at 5 pounds of weight, it could still be forwarded for as low as $37, and that's with them making a profit!

Also found a 3rd party seller on Amazon Japan for the pink/green joycons. They sold out right away, but I found someone who does international shipping, with 100% feedback from thousands of consumers. And, it came out to be just $105 shipped direct, which is only $20 more than MSRP if they released here. For $20, I'll gladly lock them in. Just in case they don't release in NA or they sell out right away.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

You can really see Nintendo's plan fall into place regarding Switch:

• Start off with a gigantic single player experience (BotW)
  • Build the multiplayer community over the next ~6 months (MK8 Deluxe, ARMS, Splatoon 2, Monster Hunter XX, maybe SSB4 Deluxe)
  • Return back to mostly single player experiences in the fall/winter (Mario Rabbids RPG, Fire Emblem Warriors, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, maybe Pikmin 4 and some other unannounced games)
  • During this single player experiences period, the multiplayer games get new content in the form of free updates or DLC (free ARMS updates, free Splatoon 2 updates, Monster Hunter XX DLC, maybe MK8 Deluxe DLC)

So the multiplayer games become "games as a service" (I think that's the right term?) which combined with the single player experiences makes the Switch a console you can't skip unless you want 3rd party games like the annual sports and shooter games. The big questions in all of this are how much is the online subscription, what does it contain and will it do well enough to keep the multiplayer communities intact?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JoyBoy

Monstahunta and Pikmin coming out this year? If that happens... what a lineup.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Nicolai

@Grumblevolcano I must say, these are very impressive early support efforts by Nintendo. The 3DS and Wii U being the only other two consoles I bought at launch, I assumed a strong first year was impossible for a console.

I guess I might be speaking too soon, though, as there's always the possibility of delays. But if ARMS, Splatoon 2, and SMO all indeed come out this year, I'll be a very happy gamer indeed.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Desa

@Grumblevolcano And don't forget that the Switch is getting all the versions of NBA2K18 thus far so there is at least one annual sporting game coming to the system. FIFA is still up in the air as to what kind of experience it will truly be though. :x

Desa

Switch Friend Code: SW-2254-1237-5712 | 3DS Friend Code: 2664-3455-8981 | Nintendo Network ID: artystdream | Twitter:

Luna_110

@Grumblevolcano
They really stepped up their game from the first year of the Wii U. That was a disaster.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

FGPackers

I was thinking about the "adult things" about DQ11. Do you think it can be Nintendo saving reveal material (trailer, gameplay) for E3 Spotlight? I really hope so...

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic