Wii fit U
Zombie U
Wario Ware
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Wind Waker HD
Mario 3D world

Pretty lackluster until the end there.

Anyone feel free to add exclusives if I've forgotten any.

@Luna_110

Vs Switch launch year

Breath of the Wild
Bomberman r
1-2 Switch
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
SSF2FC (kinda)
ARMS
splatoon 2
Fire Emblem Warriors
Xenoblade 2
Project octopath (maybe)
Mario odyssey
Mario+Rabbids

And I'm predicting Smash deluxe Pokemon Stars, and at least Pikmin 4 announcements @E3

Edited on by Aaron00

Aaron00

erv

If pikmin 4 hits this e3 I'm going to be jumping up and down like a kid on a playground

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

KirbyTheVampire

I'm really hoping for an Animal Crossing announcement. It wouldn't really surprise me if they saved it for a future event or something, though.

Somehow I feel like this E3 is going to be kind of disappointing, at least for me. I'm just worried that they're gonna put such a big impact on the games we already know about that the actual game reveals are gonna suffer majorly for it, especially if they're focusing primarily on games coming out this year. I hope I'm wrong, though.

KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

@Aaron09 Ah, I see. I wouldn't know, since this will be my first E3 that I've actually watched.

KirbyTheVampire

MarcelRguez

KirbyTheVampire wrote:

Somehow I feel like this E3 is going to be kind of disappointing, at least for me. I'm just worried that they're gonna put such a big impact on the games we already know about that the actual game reveals are gonna suffer majorly for it, especially if they're focusing primarily on games coming out this year.

That's probably what's going to happen, yeah. Still, I don't really get how people —not you specifically, but fans in general— can (will) be disappointed with their showing when we've been forewarned. I'd rather know the specifics of what's coming in the short term than vague promises about something that is revealed way too early in advance. Worked for Breath of the Wild, I don't think it will for, say, the remake of Final Fantasy VII.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

FGPackers

MarcelRguez wrote:

That's probably what's going to happen, yeah. Still, I don't really get how people —not you specifically, but fans in general— can (will) be disappointed with their showing when we've been forewarned

Same feeling here. Infact i did not get disappointed from last Nintendo E3 years. We knew what they were bringing. Of course my hopes were there for something, but i don't mind how things went because i got really a lot from my Wii U, and i lnow for sure i will get from Switch (i'm already having!)

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

KirbyTheVampire

@MarcelRguez I suppose that's true. I'm always a bit disappointed when there's not a game reveal, or when there's very few reveals, in any sort of live gaming event, even when I wasn't really expecting there to be.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

MarcelRguez

@FGPackers They didn't disappoint me last year, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bummed by 2015's Digital Event. Every game reveal except Yokai Watch (no real opinion there) was a let down, and that's coming from someone who loves Star Fox Zero. Federation Force hit the hardest. It was just baffling, especially compared to Sony's conference.

@KirbyTheVampire There will be game reveals —there always are. Just don't shoot for the moon. I would be surprised if Pikmin 4 doesn't show up, for example, but I'm not expecting any other surprise reveal.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

FGPackers

@MarcelRguez i loved SFZ too, infact i 100% it, and i bought the limited too (i love it). But thinking back at 2015...well there was already the NX talks back in the day if i remember well, and Wii U was still going bad even with Splatoon & Super Mario Maker. I was not expecting almost anything out of it. Only little disappointment i had was no Zelda, but i knew that game was coming (i mean they could have not cancel it) so it was not a major hit. I would say something about FF, but considering it was a 3DS title i did not expect a Prime kind of game. And i loved Other M...

Edited on by FGPackers

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Grumblevolcano

@KirbyTheVampire Here's a brief summary of Nintendo's last 5 years at E3.

2012: Nintendo's last press conference, generally considered one of the worst though 3rd parties' "unprecedented partnerships" and a weak Wii U lineup didn't exactly help.

2013: Nintendo's first Direct style E3, generally well received outside of those wanting Nintendo to return to the stage. The heavy hitters for Wii U started to appear (e.g. Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, DKC Tropical Freeze, MK8, Smash) and the first Nintendo Best Buy collaboration where you could play some of the E3 demos at Best Buy (Wind Waker HD, MK8, DKC Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World).

2014: Generally considered Nintendo's best E3 for a very long time. Lots of big announcements from new games in existing franchises to new IPs to amiibo to 3 whole days of Treehouse Live streams to even another Nintendo Best Buy collaboration (this time for Smash). Nintendo hype was at an all time high.

2015: Generally considered a bad one due to no Zelda Wii U and just mostly already known stuff. The new announcements of Animal Crossing amiibo Festival and Metroid Prime Federation Force added fuel to the already raging fire. Pre-E3 was generally considered fantastic though with the Smash Direct and Nintendo World Championships.

2016: Good for what they had available, Switch not having been revealed kind of limited what could be talked about so there were 2 Treehouse days. Day 1 was Pokemon Sun/Moon and BotW meanwhile Day 2 was 3DS, Pokemon GO, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and Paper Mario Color Splash. Surprise announcements still existed though in the form of Rhythm Heaven Megamix digital and Monster Hunter Generations demo available on day 2.

I honestly think we'll see something like 2014 except the time between reveal and release will be shorter due to the Switch being a hybrid.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

I miss those best buy Nintendo events. Those were so fun

TuVictus

JaxonH

It all comes out in the wash.

What I mean by that is, Nintendo is going to suffocate the Switch with games over the next 5 years. A potential lack of new announcements at e3 doesn't = less games to play. However many games are coming are coming whether we find out about them at e3 or not. Regardless of what happens, it = same number of incoming games, just less we know about at the moment, which = more we'll find out about later. More now, less later or less now, more later, but in the end we'll still get all the games they're developing. It only seems like less games based on our limited information Nintendo decides to share with us.

That said, having the assurance that a particular game you enjoy is coming... is a nice thing to have. I think Nintendo learned its lesson from showing its hand so early January 2013- there were games for years that could have made huge e3 reveals but didn't because they panicked and told us about Xenoblade X, told us about Tokyo Mirage Sessions, told us about Bayonetta 2, about a new 3D Mario, about Mario Kart and Yoshi's Wooly World, about Zelda Windwaker HD (although Zelda, Pikmin 3 and W101 probably were wise choices given they would release that year), about Virtual Console and Earthbound... Imagine if those announcements had been held back- the next 3 e3 presentations could have had several more announcements, each.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

erv

@JaxonH in fact I like the point Nintendo makes I talking about games that release in the next half year or so.

No endless waiting, mindless speculation and all that. Just the real deal, that'll be I your hands, within a reasonable timeframe.

Much better that way

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

JaxonH

@erv
Be it e3 or the fall Direct, either way they're gonna have to tell us the lineup for 2018, or at least part of it. Before the year is over, we'll know what's coming in the first half of 2018, maybe a little beyond. And come e3 2018, it's gonna be a ton of new announcements, because most announced games will have released by then.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NinChocolate

Just tell me Retro Studios is working on/porting (if anything)

NinChocolate

LeRaposa

@FGPackers Most likely they mean is that it's a timed PS4 exclusive and therefore can't talk about the Switch release for a while.

LeRaposa

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic