Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 11,961 to 11,980 of 15,210

Octane

@Nicolaison I tried keeping track of all the Korok I found. I figured that writing them down per district was the easiest way of keeping things tidy. Until I opened up half of the map and I couldn't remember where the borders between the Faron provinces, the Necluda provinces and Lanayru were... My notes got a bit messy after that...

Octane

Haruki_NLI

I cant for the life of me remember where the borders for Necluda/Lanayru/Faron are.

All the others? Yeah sure, either because they have clear defining landmarks, like Eldin Canyon, the edge of Death Mountain facing East borders Akkala, Central Hyrule has water on all sides, Woodland is north of that, Hebra is the north west, Ridgeland is straight West, Highland and Wasteland are also clearly defined.

Its just that south east that blurs.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

meleebrawler

The main story quest of Gerudo, from the Yida hideout to the divine beast: it feels like they took aspects of Zant and distilled them in both the Yiga boss and Thunderblight. The former takes on the comical aspects (the way he floats and face-plants feels way too similar to be a coincidence), while Thunderblight takes the frenzied, teleport-spam of his last phase. And the falling pylons also remind me of when you get sealed in for those Twilight encounters.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

rallydefault

@DarthNocturnal
Lol that boss... oh my gosh. I was probably in that fight for - not even joking - 30 or 45 minutes before I figured out what I had to do in the second phase. And that was only because I'd exhausted all other options.

I think it was just the attack animation/graphic looked so intimidating that I was like, "There's no way I can use THAT move on it."

Well, yep. It was THAT move lol

rallydefault

FriedSquid

So after the aerial battle with Vah Medoh, apparently if you leave the beast before 'taming' it and go back to the Flight Range to talk to Teba, you'll see him in pain from his wound and say "Dammit!".

It doesn't bother me, but it's a little odd to see profanity in a Zelda game, even it's just a little bit.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Maxz

So I've just had a look at the image on the 900 Korok Seed page, and as well as the reward for that, and other familiar objects, there seem to be 3 medallion-like objects. Does anyone know what they are? Are they amiibo related?

Mega spoilers obviously:

Untitled

EDIT: It's okay, I've looked closer and now I assume they're the trophies Kilton gives you for defeated the Tali, Molduga and Hinox

EDIT EDIT: I've also noticed that the player seems to have both rows of hearts complete. Maybe they're related to that.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Haru17

@Maxz I got the Molduga one because it's easy as hell and it didn't change anything to my notice. Another Zelda game that's weird about hearts.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

OorWullie

On the loading screen where it tells you your stats,what's the icon that looks like 2 wings under the stamina wheels?I thought it might be memories but I have 4 of them now and only 3 of the other things.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JaxonH

Man, why didn't Nintendo give us an achievement system for Switch? Playing this game with achievements for collecting so many Korok seeds or finding so many shrines, killing an enemy by glide bombing them from the air, for wind sailing so many feet... it's a goldmine for achievements. Not that I particularly care about them that much, but nomatter what I do in this game it feels like it's just forgotten afterwards, whereas achievements would allow your accomplishments to live on, forever, for all to see.

Major missed opportunity imo

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Eel

OorWullie wrote:

On the loading screen where it tells you your stats,what's the icon that looks like 2 wings under the stamina wheels?I thought it might be memories but I have 4 of them now and only 3 of the other things.

Isn't that the amount of spirit orb thingies you currently have?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Monkey_Balls

Okay... 170 hours in and I'm still missing an ability. I thought it would be the Flurry Rush but it hasn't registered as such... hm, so what am I missing? More importantly what technique have I failed to discover in all this time of playing?

@Maxz Yeah, they're the trophies. Regarding your second edit, you'll notice that the stamina wheels aren't complete. I think you can only max-out either hearts or stamina, but not both (which, if true, is a bit daft).

@OorWullie That icon is for the orbs you collect in the shrines. In order, the icons are: hearts, stamina, shrine orbs, completed shrines, Korok seeds, rupees, Divine Beasts.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

MegaMari0

I'm down to the last 11 shrines (120 from what I heard) I am missing just 1 actual heart. Maxed out most of my armor sets and subsequently assaulted by the fairy queens many times. Not sure if I should feel sorry for the guy or jealous. A futurama "death by snoo snoo" sequence it seems. Anyways, not too much left for me to do as I'm sure I've got a lot of the side quests done. Missing the Hylian shield but as far as I'm concerned, I farm Lynels for their weapons and shields.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

nf_2

@Monkey_Balls I was wondering if you could max out both. I've maxed by stamina wheel, currently have 3 or 4 hearts into the second row, and I've got about 40 shrines to go, so I think I might end up 1 or 2 short of all 30 hearts. I have the 4 hearts from the divine beasts. That would be curious if they decided to make it so you couldn't max both.

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

Maxz

@Monkey_Balls Thanks for pointing that out. There's definitely 3/5 missing from the stamina wheel, which lines up with the 3 included to max out the hearts. I'd just assumed stamina maxed out at 3 wheels, and hearts at 27 containers, but it seems you can pick and choose them right until the end. I think it would have been cool if the last three were obtainable my means other than shrines. It was fun having heart pieces dotted around in unconventional and unpredictable places, and there are plenty of minigames that could have done with a more substantial reward. Maybe it would have been strange for that Goron in the cavern to say "I hereby grant you this spirit orb for being a pro at BOOM-BAM golf", but still, something like that would have been nice.

The heart pieces in the old games gave relevance to a lot of game features beyond the dungeons, and while Breath featured many such elements (though perhaps, not as many as some previous titles), these sometimes felt like simple distractions, after their reward proved to be worth no more than a few bits of luminous ore. I'm mainly thinking about BOOM-BAM golf. I loved BOOM-BAM golf. I got the best score at BOOM-BAM gold, after about 10 attempts. And then BOOM-BAM, a silver rupee. I WANT TO LOVE YOU BOOM-BAM GOLF, BUT THERE ARE QUICKER WAYS I COULD HAVE GOT A SILVER RUPEE!

Sorry. That went off on a bit of a ranty tangent.

BOOM! BAM!

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

OorWullie

@Meowpheel @Monkey_Balls Ah of course,cheers.

I'm at around 180 hours of playtime now and I've still only done 39 shrines and collected 97 Korok seeds.I'll beat all the shrines for sure but no chance am I collecting 900 seeds.At the rate I'm going I'll still be at it at Xmas if I do.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Haru17

@Monkey_Balls You mean the 'ability controls' screen? Have you enabled amiibo or tapped one into the game? It's nothing special.

Late

45 hours in. 1 divine beast defeated, 33 shrines fully explored and 111 Korok seeds found. I'm having so much fun. I set a destination for myself and play for an hour or two only to discover that I've gone further away from my destination thanks to all the things around me.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

FGPackers

Did not so much this morning, but i managed to do a couple of good things: i started the snowy zone right north of Gerudo Desert. While doing that i did some Shrines (a couple were really funny, for example the 2 bombs type) and finally reached 100 so i was able to buy the 3rd full stamina circle. Next 20 Shrines are going to be all Hearths obviously. Next time i'll try to end this zone since i did half of it, then it will be Gerudo Desert

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Haru17

Puzzle Shrines: 70 / 58.3%
Blessing Shrines: 29 / 24.2%
Combat Shrines: 21 / 17.5%

Twenty.

Haruki_NLI

@Haru17 Twenty what? I see 21.

Also, you really are going HAM with deconstructing this entire game into all its little negatives. I kinda like that.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic