Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 11,981 to 12,000 of 15,210

Haru17

@BLP_Software I have a Reddit post to thank — never got around to counting manually. Twenty was a reference to an earlier conversation, but also the twenty first combat shrine is the tutorial one.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haruki_NLI

@Haru17 Ah Reddit. What a place I dont go to.

21 shrines out of 120 isnt bad though, actually. It may seem like a lot, but compare it to the volume of other kinds of shrine.

Heck in 120 shrines I only disliked the puzzle in maybe 1 or 2? Thats a good record..

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

BigBadJohn

I quite liked the combat shrines. They where a safe environment to practice combat skills. In fact most of the shrines taught me the necessary skills to overcome any obstacle in the over world.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

TuVictus

If they go the shrine route again they desperately need to add variety to the combat trials. Bigger enemies, different enemies. More than one enemy. Those got old real quick in this game. The blessing ones were okay usually because getting to them was a fun puzzle in itself

TuVictus

Octane

My second to last shrine was a combat shrine, a Minor Test of Strength even. It was a joke, and the thing was near Hyrule Castle. Who thought that was a great place for an easy combat shrine?

Octane

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama LOL, I always liked the Fi character. I just hated here non-stop micromanaging. I never knew that the Master Sword was imbued with the power of wind until Fi refused to shut up for hours on end My interperetation of the SS story was that the Link/Zelda thing was kind of an arranged marriage designed by Hylia but there was a strong unrequited love theme between Fi and Link. The farewell and kind of interpereted Fi's send off to be a rough translation through legends of "Fine, you just run off with the blond skank. I'll just sit here. Rusting. For like ten BILLION years. But it's fine, because I'm just a sword and stuff. It's not like I haven't been with you EVERY time you were nearly murdered and reminding you when to eat. She's you're destiny and all, I always knew that. So run off with her. Hussy. I'll just be here. Waiting. For some other hero. Like five thousand lifetimes from now. Just as it should be. Maybe HE won't run off with someone who gets kidnapped in like 5 minutes of gameplay. " (I'm kind of reading that in GLADDOS's voice in my head.... )

"...I thought the stealth mission was fun in OoT. I swear I keep getting this thought that if you did a side by side comparison of you and I playing games as kids that sections where you would throw a controller I'd be smiling and sections where you are happy I'd ragequit."

There is SO much truth in that statement. I've seen it with VC games time and time again. I was amazed how badly portions of ALttP aged compared to how I'd remembered it.

Ganon's band of thieves, yeah, they tried that in ALttP which is so weird because that whole story took place AFTER the Sacred Realm was destroyed by him. I've always had mixed feelings about Ocarina because it always felt like they were dramatically shifting the tone and scope of the storytelling versus all the Sacred Realm and Triforce stuff in the first 3 games. Ganondorf the Gerudo thief who became corrupted etc. etc. never seemed as grandiose as Ganon who invaded the Sacred Realm, claimed the Triforce of Power, crated the Dark World, and ruled the monsters as the big demon thing. They went kind of "small" in their lore starting with Ocarina. I miss the Triforce emphasis not seen again until AlbW. Also, SS's take on the Sacred Realm was seriously messed up.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Octane It makes sense. If the hero resurrects and jumps right to the castle, stopping at a nearby shrine "sure, fine, easy combat. We'll let you have fun until you get Game Over you impatient dolt!" If the hero saves the castle until after doing everything else "yawn, whatever, you've got like 20+ hearts and Lvl4+ ancient armor....whatever....it's not like any actual challenge matters."

Or maybe Ganon hacked the shrine, too.

NEStalgia

meleebrawler

@DarthNocturnal It's really not that bad... it incorporates natural stealth mechanics of the game, instead of shoehorning it in for that one segment like Forsaken Fortress, and it also doesn't take away any options either. You CAN still technically fight your way through, if you're good enough to avoid the death blades. Plus, it's actually quite short, especially if you just focus on going through quickly rather than grabbing goodies, so there isn't too much frustration in failing. Having Sheikah garb and-or stealth boosting food eliminates the need to crouch-walk everywhere, as well.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Randomlight

You can ride them, why was I not told this is a thing (Albeit a very brief thing)

Randomlight

NaviAndMii

Not really a spoiler (but I'll tag it just in case ) - anyone else notice this when on Death Mountain?

The Sheikah Slate shows an error when it begins to overheat!

Untitled

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Haru17

Is the map / Sheikah Slate opening noise some altered form of Fi's 'coming out of the sword' jingle or am I just bad at recognizing sound cues?

NaviAndMii

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Galaxy Note 7 bomb rune incoming.

^^^ Haha! I'll let you know if it randomly explodes on me!

@FGPackers I know what you mean! ...man, I love all of the little touches in this game!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

meleebrawler

@NaviAndMii The slate's map also malfunctions in a sandstorm, where it is reduced to static. Cryonis is also ineffective on hot spring water, which I found out... the hard way, after a shooting star material fell in a pool just a LITTLE too deep for Link to just reach down a little and grab it.

I noticed that burning error message too. Yet apparently being fireproof completely nullifies what should be unbearable heat, while also being ineffective against desert heat, which is different somehow (other than one being much hotter than the other).

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Nin10dad

Anybody stasised a boulder, then ran around to the other side and climbed on? I just did it up on death mountain!!! Awesome, love the physics engine in this game.

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Maxz

The fireproof/heatproof divide is definitely a bit weird. I put on three pieces of heat resistant gear, strapped a Great Frostblade to my back, downed a heat resistant elixir, and headed up the slopes of Death Mountain, confident that if this couldn't resist the scorching heat, nothing would.

And it didn't. So I asked my brother, and he told me about the fireproof elixir seller. Who I'd seen before, but rejected because her goods were kinda pricey.

I probably would have done Death Mountain second, but I thought I'd work up to it by going to the next hottest place (the desert) in the hope of picking up some clothes that would help me handle the heat.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Haru17

There is no reward for 100% and the reward for 900 Koroks is a nothing thing.

OorWullie

I hunted a wild horse yesterday,picked one out and set about killing it.It took a fair amount of chasing and plenty arrows to its head and backside before it finally succumbed to its injuries.Then as it's corpse lay at my feet with no rewards to even justify it's slaughter,I felt nothing but guilt.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic