Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 1,641 to 1,660 of 2,747

EvilLucario

E3's going to be interesting this year, I can tell you that much.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

MarcelRguez

@DarthNocturnal Wouldn't count on it. I can see Nintendo sticking to their guns and their 2018 releases this year, since they seem to have enough stuff to fill an E3 and then some. I doubt we'll even hear of the 2019 games before LGP/E are released. Smash and this title alone are enough, and we haven't even catched a glimpse of Fire Emblem yet.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Harmonie

@Araquanid Yeah, it looks really bad, and the more info that comes out the worse it gets.

The graphics look like X/Y in HD. Like not even Sun/Moon and US/UM, because GameFreak had really taken steps away from 2.5D with those games. These are a major step back, despite being in HD, and they don't even look that 'tight'. Like look at the textures of the floor when they're in the battle with the bug catcher. Yuck.

Releasing a game with only the original 151 Pokemon in 2018 is just utterly ridiculous. It straight-up repulses me. Back when Pokemon GO came out, it repulsed me there, as well. However, people always told me "Niantic is a small company, they can't get all Pokemon out immediately", but this? This is GameFreak themselves.

Kanto has already been remade once before. A second take on it shouldn't be so stingy as this. Besides I think it has been stated that they aren't straight-up remakes of Yellow... But then what in the world are they supposed to be? We know that Kanto started seeing an influx of Pokemon from Johto after it was explored in Generation I/III. So because of that they can't be sequels. Yet they somehow have the Alolan variants, which... I don't know, it makes my head hurt. This is just nostalgia-pandering, nothing more. And as someone who has played since Pokemon Red, I am not impressed. The original 151 have been shoved in my face for years now and they are no longer special to me. I have so many Pokemon I love from later generations, I don't want to play a game where I can't catch them. It's pathetic.

@DarthNocturnal True, but that's why I noted it is a different situation. However, I'm just saying the hollowing out of the formula is true to both.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Bezbot

I'm wondering if this will be worth a pick up even if I'm not a huge fan of the series (but tbh haven't played it very much) and I don't play Pokemon GO at all (takes up way too much data). I feel like I could be interested but I'll see how the connection with GO works, and what other games there are around November.

Bezbot

Switch Friend Code: SW-4750-8467-7698 | 3DS Friend Code: 0147-3539-2436 | Nintendo Network ID: nobboysbro

EvilLucario

Honestly my holiday is gonna be filled anyway with Xenoblade 2 story DLC and Smash coming out. And Dark Souls Remastered.

Plus, I can always replay games, like the Metroid Prime trilogy and stuff.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

IceClimbers

Interesting details:

• Your partner Pikachu/Eevee cannot evolve. However, you can catch other Pikachu/Eevee in the wild.
  • Your partner takes up a party slot. It can be boxed though.
  • You carry a box with you

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Anti-Matter

Peoples, relax.
Let's Go = Appertizer
Generation 8 = Main Course.

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

I think a lot of people are over reacting thinking that this is generation 8. It is not. The new game coming to the main series is coming next year. In the meantime, this seems like a potentially interesting spin off that will make Pokemon Go a lot more interesting and will satisfy casual fans. Also this game being geared toward the more casual players likely means Game Freak can cut back on the hand holding and babying in the main series game.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Deku-Scrub

So apparently based on conversions and stuff, the Pokeball Plus accessory is going to be about $50. Yikes.

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

LossyQuote

Here's some hi-res art of the player characters for everyone to enjoy!
Untitled
Untitled

LossyQuote

Snagrio

Like many, arguably most, I wasn't feeling too happy initially, but after having time to digest things I can see the positives here.

For one thing, they're doing what I've been hoping they'd do and releasing gen 8 in 2019. I've been worried that they'd rush it out to be a release this year and thus suffer in quality like the last couple gens have, but it's pleasing to know they've given themselves more time.

Secondly, it's clear these games aren't really meant for dedicated players like us to begin with. This is clearly just here to draw in Go players and the like so as to increase the attach rate for the real deal. Ultimately harmless in other words.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Anti-Matter

I hope the trainers can wear different outfits.

Anti-Matter

IceClimbers

@Deku-Scrub It does function as another Joy-Con after all. Does have HD Rumble, a gyroscope, a control stick, LED lights, etc.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

KaiserGX

Omg I like this! I haven't been into Pokemon in a long time so I think I'm gonna get this instead. So what you can't attack Wild Pokemon... Lowering their HP was never a hard thing to do. I sometimes felt Pokemon were harder to catch in Go. I'm happy.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Alber-san

This game actually looks cool! Well, I've got mixed feelings about it but I think the positives outweigh the negatives. For starters, the visuals are much much better than I expected. They look super clean while still maintaining the Pokémon essence and the battling is fluid with moves feeling like they really hit the opposing mon. 2 player on one console will surely attract a lot of casuals, along with the Pokémon Go aspect and Gen 1.

I don't think we'll be able to transfer our Pokémon from other games (except Go) and we don't know if battling will be as deep as before (doesn't seem like it).

Could Gane Freak be planning to have two "main" series? As in the mainline game series and a Go series releasing alternatively each year? This year: lets go gen 1, next year: gen 8, 2020: lets go gen 2, 2021: gen 9/gen 4 remake, etc.

Switch FC: SW-4227-6363-7321
Online games:
Rocket League, Splatoon 2, NBA Playgrounds, Fortnite

Favourite single player games:XC2, Skyrim, TLoZ: BotW

Late

It's not quite what I personally wanted but I think it still looks good. 10 year old me would have had tears of joy seeing this trailer back then.

I think the Pokéball throwing mechanic is a good addition although I'd still like to battle with the wild Pokémon as well. Maybe they can combine the two in the 2019 game. I like the visuals. It looks a lot like Sun and Moon but a bit different at the same time. It's simple and clean. It will be fun to see how each Pokémon travel with you in the overworld.

I watched the conference and they said you'd be able to transfer an Alolan Exeggutor from Pokémon Go to Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee. Possibly the only way to get Alolan forms in Let's Go? I'm surprised you can get them in the first place. I kind of want to see an Alolan Exeggutor following the trainer now.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Anti-Matter

@Zuljaras
Well...
The price has been stated from Nintendo.
It will cost US$ 60 for Let's Go series.
There is nothing we can do.
Btw, if you really interested by simple gameplay, $ 60 will be no problem since you got an HD Pokemon games that you can play with / without TV.

For me, i had written Let's Go Pikachu on my Switch shopping list and will be Day One purchase.

Anti-Matter

Alber-san

@Tsurii
Oh just specultaion because the game seems to have simplified the mechanics. You're right though, we haven't seen enough to say it's not deep.

Switch FC: SW-4227-6363-7321
Online games:
Rocket League, Splatoon 2, NBA Playgrounds, Fortnite

Favourite single player games:XC2, Skyrim, TLoZ: BotW

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic