Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 2,747

Haruki_NLI

@IceClimbers Here's another for you:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/310085-pokemon-games-unveiled-...

GoNintendo wrote:

Pokémon is broadening the scope of video game offerings from the franchise to appeal to its wide variety of fans at all player levels. Pokémon also announced that the next introduction to its popular core RPG series, which was teased last year at E3, will arrive in late 2019 on Nintendo Switch for the first time.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

IceClimbers

Okay, got it lol

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Harmonie

Honestly, I wasn't anywhere near this negative, but this really does kind of look like the Sticker Star/Federation Forces of Pokemon. No online and extremely casualized for the GO audience.

If the "Core RPG" wasn't confirmed to be something else already I would be scared for the future of the franchise. I still am, a little.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

MarcelRguez

Thank goodness this was leaked in advance. Saved us a lot of negativity right before E3.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Arcamenel

I'm at least comforted in the fact that they are taking their time with the true next generation game as I always felt releasing one in 2018 would be way to early. This will be a nice hold over even though I have no interest in GO.

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

Tyranexx

Arcamenel wrote:

I'm at least comforted in the fact that they are taking their time with the true next generation game as I always felt releasing one in 2018 would be way to early. This will be a nice hold over even though I have no interest in GO.

Ditto. At least we know that the Let's Go games are filler until the core titles hit next year. I'm still very curious about these, but I'm not sure if I'll end up getting them at this point. Too many other games to play, and I haven't even gotten to Ultra Sun yet.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

TheTetrisGuy

General reactions seem to be mixed. It’s actually a bit shocking some sites I’ve been to are 100% on board for this and other sites are complete salt storms. It’s a little funny tbh.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

EvilLucario

These games remind me a lot of Federation Force, except take away a lot of backlash since we know there's still a "core" Pokemon game coming soon.

Ah well. I'm just interested to see how it'll be.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Tyranexx

TheTetrisGuy wrote:

General reactions seem to be mixed. It’s actually a bit shocking some sites I’ve been to are 100% on board for this and other sites are complete salt storms. It’s a little funny tbh.

I'm guessing the comment section for this on IGN is full of salt, trolls, and salty trolls?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

EvilLucario

And look at that, the motion controls are optional it seems.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-lets-g...

"Now you can use your Nintendo Switch’s Joy-Con to toss a Poké Ball at your target with one hand, either by pressing a button or flicking your wrist. With fewer buttons and intuitive action, it’s never been simpler."

So if anyone was worried about that, it seems that's no biggie.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

TheTetrisGuy

@Tyranexx Believe it or not no. The major negative ones I saw were Gamespot, Polygon, and a handful of people here, which surprised me. A lot of people are jumping to conclusions about this game, and some misinformation is being spread. People are saying we can’t grind, which I haven’t seen anything official saying we can’t.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

-Green-

I’m alright with these games. I didn’t expect much, but they’re fine for me.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Tyranexx

@TheTetrisGuy: I'm trying to keep an open mind about this one for the time being. We'll certainly have more info before long.

It does help that they're waiting another year for the next core entries as I hoped they would.

Edited on by Tyranexx

TheTetrisGuy

I should add that I think the character designs are awesome, some of the best in years imo.

Deku-Scrub

I don’t know how to feel right now

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

EvilLucario

@TheTetrisGuy Actually agreed, these are my favorite designs I've seen since Black/White 1. X/Y was great too, but Black/White 1 has my absolute favorite character designs in the series.

Didn't like (Ultra) Sun/Moon's character designs as much, but that's just me. They still look fine enough.

Araquanid

idk...

I haven't posted in awhile but I just had ask.. does anybody think this is a bit of a downgrade?

Looks like they reused the same models but removed ink shading (something a lot of youtubers did with homebrew to make oras-sun and moon look better), reused the animations, and on top of that cut out the rest of the pokemon besides the original 151 (if serebii is correct on that).

Idk i'd expect something better for a switch pokemon game. Like a visual upgrade with all the same content, not a slight lighting change and cutting out tons of pokemon while reusing most of the models and animations in the previous games.

Only thing I will say I like is the character designs, but without online play and seemingly no training without wild encounter battles, I'll pass.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

-Green-

Gives me monsta hunta story vibes tbh

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Deku-Scrub

So upon further inspection on the recent news, these are in fact NOT core games, and are instead more of a Go tie-in and a game to keep us patient for the core game releasing in 2019 apparently. I am definitely relieved, and I'm much more open to this concept knowing it is not a main game.

Edited on by Deku-Scrub

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Not_The_Messiah

Sorry if I'm just echoing what other people have already said on here but I just want to throw in my opinion on all this. First of all I'm not a big Pokemon fan but I absolutely understand just how significant of a game series it is. With that said I think Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee is good filler for this year and will do exactly as it was designed to do, give young and new players a decent game to start off of on a current system. No, it's not as focused on battles like a core series game and is more about just exploring this cool new world, but that's exactly the point it's not part of the core series. There is going to be a core series game coming out next year with all the mechanics of previous entries and maybe some new ones as well. It is very apparent that Game Freak is spending a good amount of time on its development to make sure it is polished and perfected for even a Pokemon fan with high expectations. Good games take time to be made, and Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee is there to help quench our desires until next year while also bringing in a wider audience into this beautiful and ever-evolving series of games.

Not_The_Messiah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic