Forums

Topic: Do you feel like the Switch is going to be a let down?

Posts 101 to 120 of 232

Eclipse_Dj

Uncharted 4 was a huge let down to me, the only new implementations we taken from the Tomb Raider reboot - Ice climbing and zip lining. I can't believe they incorporated nothing from The Last Of Us, the Tomb Raider sequel did. Plus UC4 felt clunky and dated.... anyway I'm not here to talk PS4...

So I have some worries with the Switch, there is no camera on the tablet, isn't this a big oversight? the 2DS/3DS have them, every tablet going has them, the Wii U had 1 at least, so the complete omission baffles me tbh. No augmented reality, no video chat.

When in TV mode the tablet is docked and cannot be used for touch-screen interaction, menus, maps etc in the way the Wii U could be utilised. So no duel screen gaming features are possible.

There are no speakers on the Joy-Con itself, will that matter? Is it a step backwards or not really required?

Using a mobile app to chat online, how good is this and will we be finally able to chat freely with friends and other players if we wish, whilst playing Mario Kart for example - or in cross game chat?

Eclipse_Dj

FGPackers

Mellor2000 wrote:

@RaphaBoss once it launches we need a friend request thread

I'm thinking the same thing from two days. We can start to think about it when we will know how the online will work, at least it's what i realised soon after starting!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

RaphaBoss

KidRad wrote:

But ultimately I'm owning a console for just a tiny handful of games that once u finish have no inclination to go back to DOES feel like a waste. It's not like buying a wii u for just smash Bros and Mario kart 8 which offer bucket loads of replay value

You just answered your own question.

Edited on by RaphaBoss

RaphaBoss

Octane

RaphaBoss wrote:

Not sure why people are complaining about Bomberman R's price. It's a full game with story. not just a multiplayer like Bomberman Blast was. Just wish people could have a little more respect for the classic franchise, instead of treating it as a ''mini game that should be cheap''.

Because it is. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Bomberman fan (he's still one of the only newcomers I want to see in Smash). However, Bomberman R doesn't look impressive at all. I feel that they've spent more time on the cutscenes than the actual gameplay. They don't shake it up, it's the same, and there's nothing new. I can get any other Bomberman game for €10 and have the same experience. The ''story'' mode is just 50 arcade-like levels. That's it. Compare that to games like Bomberman 64, Tournament(!), or even Generations. That's what a story mode in Bomberman looks like! It has nothing to do with respect, it's just Konami butchering another good franchise. Cashing in on the launch hype, because people that are getting the Switch on launch will probably be looking for something else to play besides Zelda, so Konami knows that they're getting away with charging this much for this game.

I get that people are excited for the Switch, but I also understand why people are disappointed with Bomberman.

Octane

KirbyTheVampire

Octane wrote:

RaphaBoss wrote:

Not sure why people are complaining about Bomberman R's price. It's a full game with story. not just a multiplayer like Bomberman Blast was. Just wish people could have a little more respect for the classic franchise, instead of treating it as a ''mini game that should be cheap''.

Because it is. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Bomberman fan (he's still one of the only newcomers I want to see in Smash). However, Bomberman R doesn't look impressive at all. I feel that they've spent more time on the cutscenes than the actual gameplay. They don't shake it up, it's the same, and there's nothing new. I can get any other Bomberman game for €10 and have the same experience. The ''story'' mode is just 50 arcade-like levels. That's it. Compare that to games like Bomberman 64, Tournament(!), or even Generations. That's what a story mode in Bomberman looks like! It has nothing to do with respect, it's just Konami butchering another good franchise. Cashing in on the launch hype, because people that are getting the Switch on launch will probably be looking for something else to play besides Zelda, so Konami knows that they're getting away with charging this much for this game.

I get that people are excited for the Switch, but I also understand why people are disappointed with Bomberman.

I certainly am disappointed. I wouldn't even spend 5 bucks on it. I guess it's just not my kind of game, though.

KirbyTheVampire

RaphaBoss

@Octane Because that's what Bomberman is. New Super Mario Bros has the same "arcade" story and no one calls It a "mini game". Bomberman 64 wasn't really a classic style Bomberman, It felt more like a spin off trying to force a "64 needs to be 3d" thing like many games did on the 64. Sure, It was good, but the fact still remains. We are getting a story mode with actual new dialogue and animation, fancy bosses and co op, that's Bomberman as its best.

RaphaBoss

Octane

@RaphaBoss I'm not saying that the game itself isn't good. Personally it's just not €50-good, more like €10, or €20 at most. It's just lackluster compared to the other titles, even to games that were released 20 years ago. There's so much more potential in the franchise, and a lot more can be done to warrant the €50 price tag. It's just Konami and their greedy grubby-hands business practices that want to milk the early Switch adopters and the last few Bomberman fans as much as they can. It's times like this when I wish another company bought the IP when it was up for grabs.

Octane

TuVictus

If you're waiting for more FPSs with wii like controls, you may be disappointed. I doubt even Nintendo cares to do them anymore.

Also what's this I hear about bomber man having some sort of in game currency to keep playing? Haven't really researched it. Will the game have fee to play elements? Would not surprise me at all considering the company.

TuVictus

Bigj0110

Grandpa_Pixel wrote:

I feel it will be a let down. But not in the way people expect. For me personally, this console has already exceeded my expectations and I am hyped.

I feel that it will be a let down because people will expect too much. A common trait I have noticed across the Switch's journey to launch is people want so much more for less. People constantly (and I am part of it too but have since backed off) imagine the console to be absolutely amazing. Metroid, Animal Crossing, Pokemon all in the first year. Free amazing online service with a console at a cheap price! Long battery life. The list goes on and on.

But life isn't like that. You don't get everything for nothing. Metroid probably won't be in 2017. The online service does cost if you want it to be great. It won't last for over 6 hours battery life because the technology for batteries has not grown much in the years. Some call me being negative. I call it being realistic.

This will be the console's undoing if at all. People expecting too much from the device. If people lowered their expectations and just enjoyed the console and its offerings for what they are instead of taking for granted, they might find the console will surprise them.

Honestly, I just think that the consoles Hardware is outdated. Like I said before, the capacity of the hard drive and needing to have a memory card.

Plus I just don't see it being worth it to pay $300 or up to $550(for accessory bundles with the console), for outdated hardware, with way less internal memory then any other console on the market.

Plus the fact they don't even have game bundles, only accessory bundles is a little disappointing. This would've been one way to grab my attention to purchase the console to bundle it with a game, or like some people were saying, to just include the 1-2 Switch game for free. They did something similar to that with the Wii or Wii U.

And even if I were to put aside the other console comparisons and everything. I still don't think that it's worth it. Also, I just think Nintendo could have given us so much more! I feel like they're giving us a watered down version of what the console could be! Some people say they like, and it that's their opinion! And they're completely entitled to their opinion! But to me it just doesn't justify the price for what they're giving me! Especially with the other gaming options(hardware wise more than anything) that is available on the market(even if I can't play the same titles). Not to mention, I can get a console for a cheaper price, that will include a game, and at least 5 times more internal memory then the Switch. Without bringing me back to the PS1 and PS2 era with memory card accessories(sarcastically and seriously speaking at the same time)

Edited on by Bigj0110

Bigj0110

shaneoh

RaphaBoss wrote:

Really, Zelda won't satisfy you after you beat it,

I find OoT and the Oracle games to be as satisfying as the first time I played them.

RaphaBoss wrote:

and there is no multiplayer.

There is co-op, someone grab a left joy con, someone grab a right and everyone go nuts.

RaphaBoss wrote:

Cool, it's the best solo experience, but shouldn't you have something to actualy keep playing after you beat it?

Has-been heroes should be available by the time I've finished with Zelda, a new game at less than half the price of Bomberman ($40AU)

RaphaBoss wrote:

Zelda was announced in 2013, the scale and budget justifies the price. Bomberman has been in development for what, a year? With all its 50 levels. I don't believe that what they are charging us reflects what the game is worth in terms of development.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Octane

@Operative2-0 The game has gems as an in-game currency. You use them to continue when you die during the single player mode, and you can also use them to unlock costumes and other stuff. You can earn these gems by playing the game, that has been confirmed. Considering it's Konami, micro-transactions wouldn't be a surprise either, but micro-transactions haven't been confirmed so far (and let's hope it stays that way).

Octane

CanisWolfred

Octane wrote:

RaphaBoss wrote:

To be fair, Namdai (I'm sorry, "The Studio formerly known as 'Namdai', now commonly referred to as 'Bamco'") did the same thing with Tank! Tank! Tank! on the Wii U, and I gotta say...that was a great rental.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

rallydefault

Bomberman R's price is fine. @Octane's points are a bit silly. To criticize its single player as just a collection of stages? What the heck do you think 2D Mario games are, or have I been missing something for the past 30 years?

rallydefault

kkslider5552000

I do think it isn't inherently bad, but at the same time, if enough people don't buy it because it's too expensive, you factually failed to sell the game as best as you could.

30 bucks is what I would've done personally. I could get 50 bucks of enjoyment out of it, but there's valid reasons why I'm in the minority.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Octane

@rallydefault ''But this game does it too!'' isn't a great argument in my opinion. Some games are plastered with micro-transactions; however, that doesn't mean I'm OK with micro-transactions in my games. We'll see how this game does when the reviews come out, but I have a feeling that the single player isn't going to last more than two hours. Buy yourself a GBA for €20 and a copy of Bomberman Tournament for €10, because that's how you do a Bomberman story mode.

Octane

BigBadJohn

@Octane Why don't you wait for a review before making a judgement. People have way too much presumptions about things they have absolutely no idea about.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

Octane

@Mellor2000 ''absolutely no idea'' is a bit of an overstatement. I've played enough Bomberman games to know how this one will play. I've seen the trailers and I've watched the previews. Unless they're deliberately hiding other modes, I think that everyone can make a well informed opinion of the game based on the trailers alone.

Anyway, not sure why you said that, right after I said; ''We'll see how this game does when the reviews come out.''... Oh well.

Octane

BigBadJohn

@Octane I have to be honest I skim read your post plus I have an attention deficit disorder and only have one eye. I'm partially dislexic (not sure if that's the right spelling but I never am) and narcoleptic. I have a tendency to contradict people even if I know they're right and worse of all I have an itchy foot. Apologies if I offended you.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

jump

Shh...Bomberman is a beloved classic franchise and a third party exclusive, no badmouthing allowed.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

rallydefault

@Octane
I didn't say anything about DLC . . .

And I'm glad you admit that 2D Marios are basically the same setup. So does that mean we can all start demanding that 2D Mario games cost 20-30 bucks instead of 50-60? Likely the answer would be no because... Mario. Which is my argument: THAT is a poor argument.

@jump
I think you believe you are being witty, but the fact of the matter is that lots of people have never played Bomberman, and I'm willing to bet a bunch of forum-goers in their teens haven't even heard of Bomberman. To call it a "beloved classic franchise" is nice, but you're trying too hard to go on the attack. Bomberman hasn't been a thing for a LONG time, pretty much since the N64 for most people.

rallydefault

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.