Forums

Topic: Do you feel like the Switch is going to be a let down?

Posts 221 to 232 of 232

Bigj0110

KirbyTheVampire wrote:

twindragon wrote:

Im a bit let down in that the specs show that is seems to be the exact gpu as the x1 from 2015. I was hoping for pascal and maybe a bit more customization. More bandwidth, perhaps a few more cuda cores and higher clock speeds because with the pascal maybe it would have been doable. Because I know the power of the original x1 I feel like I know for certain the only 3rd party games will be enhanced versions of old games from ps3 xbox360. That in my opinion is not ok. Those games have had there day in the sun. I want new games. The only next gen game that has been announced is steep.

Im trying to stay optimistic

You realize not every game is as graphically intensive as current gen AAA games are, right? If the Switch sells well, basically the only games we won't see on the Switch are really big AAA ones like The Witcher 3 or Red Dead Redemption 2.

In other words, if it sells, it'll have good 3rd party support, just slightly different 3rd party support compared to the other systems.

@KirbyTheVampire I know you wasn't talking to me. But I understand that and I actually like a lot of games that are coming out for the switch. I really like the 2D Sonic game, Mario Kart 8(even though it's port), Zelda, and possibly Mario Odyssey(I will make the determination if I was interested in the game and I liked it after I play the game). So I mean there's a few games that catch my eye right away!

But what I'm saying is they could at least have a few of the AAA. Like maybe just a few of the Big Top AAA titles. I wasn't expecting the Nintendo switch to have every single AAA game, and completely clone the PS4 and Xbox One game list. No! But I mean at least have a few games. Or maybe even just make your own games of that type.

In this day in age you need to have a diverse game catalog. And since Nintendo has all their exclusive titles. That's completely different than any other consoles type of titles for the most part and for most games. Having the newer generation AAA type titles. Would have made the console a really really really diverse console. In terms of a broad diverse catalog of games.

I mean some people, even in this post. Has said the price is the way that it is. Because Nintendo wants to recuperate some funds from the Wii U. I mean having a diverse catalog, like I speak of above. Would have been a great way to recuperate some money! Just saying.

Edited on by Bigj0110

Bigj0110

Luna_110

I think we need to define what we're expecting to get or not on the Switch. I don't expect to get Western AAA support, since those games focus too much on being graphic intensive.
But I do think we may get Japanese AAA support. It remains to be seen, but I do hope to get more S-E, Capcom and Namco's games down the road.

So... if western stuff is your thing.... what are you dong looking at a Nintendo console? XD

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Octane

@Luna_110 I think the same applies to Japanese games, but I also think that with enough effort, anything that runs decently on PS4 and Xbox could also run on the Switch. It's just that Nintendo, as a Japanese company, has better ties with other Japanese companies and therefore those games are more likely to appear on the Switch. The fact that Capcom was heavily involved with the Switch development should tell you enough.

I think that people sometimes forget how many games are actually published by Japanese companies. If we're talking about AAA Japanese games, we're also talking about Final Fantasy, Dark Souls, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Deus Ex, Resident Evil, etc.

Octane

LzWinky

Octane wrote:

I think that people sometimes forget how many games are actually published by Japanese companies. If we're talking about AAA Japanese games, we're also talking about Final Fantasy, Dark Souls, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Deus Ex, Resident Evil, etc.

Mortal Kombat is 'Murican

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Octane

TheLZdragon wrote:

Octane wrote:

I think that people sometimes forget how many games are actually published by Japanese companies. If we're talking about AAA Japanese games, we're also talking about Final Fantasy, Dark Souls, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear, Street Fighter, Tekken, Deus Ex, Resident Evil, etc.

Mortal Kombat is 'Murican

That's why I said Street Fighter

Octane

KirbyTheVampire

Bigj0110 wrote:

KirbyTheVampire wrote:

twindragon wrote:

Im a bit let down in that the specs show that is seems to be the exact gpu as the x1 from 2015. I was hoping for pascal and maybe a bit more customization. More bandwidth, perhaps a few more cuda cores and higher clock speeds because with the pascal maybe it would have been doable. Because I know the power of the original x1 I feel like I know for certain the only 3rd party games will be enhanced versions of old games from ps3 xbox360. That in my opinion is not ok. Those games have had there day in the sun. I want new games. The only next gen game that has been announced is steep.

Im trying to stay optimistic

You realize not every game is as graphically intensive as current gen AAA games are, right? If the Switch sells well, basically the only games we won't see on the Switch are really big AAA ones like The Witcher 3 or Red Dead Redemption 2.

In other words, if it sells, it'll have good 3rd party support, just slightly different 3rd party support compared to the other systems.

@KirbyTheVampire I know you wasn't talking to me. But I understand that and I actually like a lot of games that are coming out for the switch. I really like the 2D Sonic game, Mario Kart 8(even though it's port), Zelda, and possibly Mario Odyssey(I will make the determination if I was interested in the game and I liked it after I play the game). So I mean there's a few games that catch my eye right away!

But what I'm saying is they could at least have a few of the AAA. Like maybe just a few of the Big Top AAA titles. I wasn't expecting the Nintendo switch to have every single AAA game, and completely clone the PS4 and Xbox One game list. No! But I mean at least have a few games. Or maybe even just make your own games of that type.

In this day in age you need to have a diverse game catalog. And since Nintendo has all their exclusive titles. That's completely different than any other consoles type of titles for the most part and for most games. Having the newer generation AAA type titles. Would have made the console a really really really diverse console. In terms of a broad diverse catalog of games.

I mean some people, even in this post. Has said the price is the way that it is. Because Nintendo wants to recuperate some funds from the Wii U. I mean having a diverse catalog, like I speak of above. Would have been a great way to recuperate some money! Just saying.

It definitely should have some, but whether it will have enough or not mostly depends on how well it sells, and that still remains to be seen.

KirbyTheVampire

rallydefault

Most updated info is pointing toward the chip most definitely not being "the exact gpu as the X1 from 2015." It's looking like a heavily customized second-gen maxwell or MAYBE even a Pascall, though probably not.

rallydefault

Bigj0110

Luna_110 wrote:

I think we need to define what we're expecting to get or not on the Switch. I don't expect to get Western AAA support, since those games focus too much on being graphic intensive.
But I do think we may get Japanese AAA support. It remains to be seen, but I do hope to get more S-E, Capcom and Namco's games down the road.

So... if western stuff is your thing.... what are you dong looking at a Nintendo console? XD

@Luna_110 I grew up playing Nintendo. I've played and owned every single Nintendo console. I've always loved Nintendo games! And that will never change!

Just as I grew older, gaming progressed. I started also broadening my type of games that I like. So as much as I love, Nintendo and Nintendo exclusive games. I also like western AAA titles as well. Plus like I said above in a previous reply. I really like the 2D Sonic game, Mario Kart 8(even though it's port) Zelda, and possibly Mario Odyssey. I will make the determination if I was interested in the game and I liked it after I play the game. Because it's one of those games that I'm not sure about. But it's Mario so still catches my attention. Also, in the future with other Nintendo exclusive character games coming out, and maybe Japanese AAA title games comming out for the console. I'm sure there's going to be other games I like as well. Coming out in the future.

But the thing is as much as I like Nintendo games. I pretty much almost like western AAA games the same amount.

So I mean what do you do then? Because not everybody can afford to get 2 consoles. Then have to pay 2 online subscriptions(Switch & other console). Or not everybody thinks it's necessary to spend the money, even if they have it. On 2 consoles, and 2 online subscriptions. Because as much as I like playing Super Mario World, Mario Kart, Zelda, Donkey Kong, the new 2D Sonic game that's going to come out for the Switch etc. I also like playing Battlefield, COD, Final Fantasy(which I really think FF fits in with Nintendo's style and what they're trying to go for), NBA 2K, Madden, Fifa.

So I mean what do you do for someone that has a happy medium between liking booth Nintendo and Western AAA title Games? For someone like me, I would have again been happy with better Hardware. Which is possible like someone else explained above. That would have made up for the lack of western AAA titles(at least for me).

Edited on by Bigj0110

Bigj0110

Mississauga

Games on older consoles like Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Gameboy etc are the memories of many people, these games give them a lot of entertainment. And there are still many people paying attention to Nintendo. Nintendo gains great popularity when releases a new product. I do not think Nintendo is going to be a let down.

Mississauga

Bigj0110

twindragon wrote:

@AlliMeadow I love the direction nintendo is taking. but games are what sell consoles and for the younger generation the people who buy the consoles for the kids are the parents. Parents don't want to buy multiple consoles. that poops expensive! Im a parent I know, you only have a cetain amount of money to keep your family afloat and you are going to want to go with the better buy! What is the best buy at first glance? PS4 or an ipad. They have the games and ipad has a ton of free games. A parent that doesn't know much about games will go for the perceived better buy. I on the other hand do my research and know the game systems. I think the switch is great especially being able to play games with my daughter with the joycons. I never play games on ps4 with her. If the switch turns out that they don't get the AAA games then I will probably get it for the indie games that look fun. Like stardew valley or shovel knight etc. I just want nintendo to have the options for the players who want those options. Because Nintendo got me into gaming I want them to do their very best. I work in the game industry Nintendo was the company that made me choose this career!

watch the language, please...-Joey

@twindragon I know you didn't respond to me. But I agree with what you have to say!

Nintendo got me into gaming as well. The very first time I ever played a console was a NES. From then on I was hooked on gaming. And I've been playing ever since! So I mean Nintendo is always going to be a big part of my gaming life! I'm always going to have love for Nintendo! I mean don't get me wrong. Nintendo does have some great first party exclusive AAA titles. Even games that are coming to the switch. But for me, as I got older. Gaming has progressed and became much more diverse. So as gaming became more diverse. I started branching out to more genres and graphic Styles of games. So I mean theres going to be a lot of the older people that have grown out of just playing Nintendo style games. That would like a diverse demographic when it comes to game titles!
Also, I do love the direction the console is going in. I like the fact that it can be a full home console. But at the same time it can be a full portable console. But I do have to agree. The lack of third party AAA games is bad. I mean I thought that was one of their main priorities with the Wii U. But apparently it didn't work out so well. I mean when the console first came out, it had a few 3rd party AAA games. But that didn't last so long and you never ended up having and next version of the games. So I honestly thought this time around, Nintendo was going to get it right with 3rd party AAA gaming. But apparently they didn't do that, and they didn't even come close!
But I have to agree they should've broadened the type of gamers they attract to the console. Because like you said, not everybody can actually afford to dish out money for two separate consoles. Then on top of it you're going to need an online subscription for both consoles. Plus the Nintendo switch is very accessorie savvy. So most people that buy the Nintendo switch is going to end up buying accessories. Especially if you play at home, more then playing on the go, that means you're probably going to end up buying the pro controller(or whatever it's called). So I mean I don't see it being justifiable. To dish out all that money for a console that doesn't have even the slightest bit of third party AAA support. Yeah it has one maybe two games that came out a year or two ago now that is old news and most of us already beat the game and would be tired of the game(Skyrim) if they purchased it for the switch. So I mean I know Nintendo is catering to one type of demographic of gamers. But I wish they would have found a happy medium in the game title department.

Also, I don't personally have any kids. But I have a friend of mine that has two kids. He was talking with me about the Nintendo switch. He was talking about purchasing the console. But he feels like he doesn't want to dish out the money because it doesn't have games that he would be playing as well. Because he wants something where his kids can have fun. He can play along with his kids sometimes. But then if he chooses he can also have his own downtime, and play 3rd party AAA titles. But it's obvious that doesn't seem to be happening with this console. Because my friend is one of those people that can't afford to dish out money to buy 2 consoles, and 2 online subscriptions. So he's going to be having to choose between 1 of the 3 gaming consoles on the market. So right there you probably just lost a customer. I mean, I don't think Nintendo is going to sweat it over a handful of people not purchasing the console to lack of 3rd party AAA titles. But I mean they should care enough! Especially after the supposed failure of the Wii U!

I think we're in a day and age where catering to one specific gaming demographic is the thing of the past! Now for the most part I'm seeing that gamers want diverse gaming! And if possible would like all these type of gaming title demographics in one place or one console.

Edited on by Bigj0110

Bigj0110

iLikeUrAttitude

Looking back at this thread makes me really happy, the Switch has come so far

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.