Forums

Topic: Yooka-Laylee

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,090

UGXwolf

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I'm mot crazy about the design either but it's the gameplay and the pedigree that the devs have I'm more interested in.

Also I'm afraid that once the last stretch goal is hit that it will delay the game into 2017. Trying to get all out day one won't be easy.

I don't feel like that'll happen. Pretty sure the reason its so high of a stretch goal is because of the resources and manpower it takes to get things out the door that quickly.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Inkling

They're almost at £1,000,000. This is crazy!

Edited on by Inkling

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

RedDevilAde

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I'm mot crazy about the design either but it's the gameplay and the pedigree that the devs have I'm more interested in.

Also I'm afraid that once the last stretch goal is hit that it will delay the game into 2017. Trying to get all out day one won't be easy.

Not too bothered if it ended up delayed by a year from the original estimate, same thing happened with Elite Dangerous, but still glad I backed it.

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

Dezzy

nacho_chicken wrote:

What I learned from this post:

• You can't talk about anything not from Nintendo on this site
  • 3D Platformers belong only on Nintendo consoles
  • Computers are incapable of playing video games

???

Anyway, 1.2 million USD (~800k GBP) strong! Looks set to hit the last stretch goal within the first 24 hours.

I sense you missed my deliberate facetiousness that was supposed to be indicated by using Phil Fish terminology. Of course it's fine to get the PC version. Especially given that it's cheaper.
Although if you want an actual argument as to why maybe the Nintendo version is favourable, that isn't just in terms of vague nostalgia (which is reason enough for me), I would say that having games like this do well on Nintendo platforms surely has to send a message to Nintendo that maybe they should revisit that genre that they invented but have started to ignore. In the same way Bravely Default gave Square a message of "hey guys, we actually preferred that old stuff you did"

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

UGXwolf

Dezzy wrote:

nacho_chicken wrote:

???

Anyway, 1.2 million USD (~800k GBP) strong! Looks set to hit the last stretch goal within the first 24 hours.

I sense you missed my deliberate facetiousness that was supposed to be indicated by using Phil Fish terminology. Of course it's fine to get the PC version. Especially given that it's cheaper.
Although if you want an actual argument as to why maybe the Nintendo version is favourable, that isn't just in terms of vague nostalgia (which is reason enough for me), I would say that having games like this do well on Nintendo platforms surely has to send a message to Nintendo that maybe they should revisit that genre that they invented but have started to ignore. In the same way Bravely Default gave Square a message of "hey guys, we actually preferred that old stuff you did"

Or an even better reason for consumers that aren't politically concerned for a company: Playtonic has already told us they'd happily do exclusive features in certain cases, which means version-exclusive content, which means Nintendo-exclusive content.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Uncle_Franklin

I think it will look substantially different when released.

Uncle_Franklin

RedDevilAde

We're going to need some bigger stretch goals.

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

jump

iKhan wrote:

I can't believe publishers didn't think people wanted this game. Old NES and SNES gamers aren't the only people who have nostalgia you know.

It has 25000 backers, if Ubisoft, EA etc released a game with those sales its considered a flop:p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

Dezzy wrote:

nacho_chicken wrote:

???

Or Ninty takes aways they need to release more mascot games and announce Mario lacrosse.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

arronishere wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

nacho_chicken wrote:

???

Or Ninty takes aways they need to release more mascot games and announce Mario lacrosse.

I agree, new IPs failing just means Nintendo will just release more Mario and Zelda games. This is why Splatoon needs to sell very well!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NinjaWaddleDee

arronishere wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

nacho_chicken wrote:

???

Not gonna lie. Mario lacrosse sounds sweet.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Dezzy

arronishere wrote:

It has 25000 backers, if Ubisoft, EA etc released a game with those sales its considered a flop:p

That's hardly a meaningful comparison! Backers for some hitherto unrealised project that you need to follow gaming media to be aware of VS buyers of finished product that you will be made aware of by gaming media, occasionally mainstream media, shops and online retailers.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Don

Rareware must be in a sudden hurry to start working on Banjo Kazooie 3 upon hearing about this Yooka Laylee's release.

Don

LzWinky

They're about to reach 1 million pounds. Geez

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

RedDevilAde

It's reached!

Octane

New stretch goals have been added:

£1,100,000 - N64 shader + ''GK Rap + video'' written by Grant Kirkhope
£1,200,000 - Developers will do a Let's Play

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Kai_

No amiibo support? Physical console release?

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

Octane

Plateface wrote:

Would love a physical release as well, but it's not something they could easily set as a stretch goal, because it all depends on whether they can find a suitable publisher or not.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Octane wrote:

Plateface wrote:

Would love a physical release as well, but it's not something they could easily set as a stretch goal, because it all depends on whether they can find a suitable publisher or not.

Also Wii U wouldn't get it because region locking which in turn would unintentionally give the "another developer that hates supporting Wii U" impression.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

Hopefully they don't find a publisher because they like to delay the Wii U versions of games a la Project Cars!

I'm happy with eshop only.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic