Forums

Topic: Yooka-Laylee

Posts 1,081 to 1,092 of 1,092

Bunkerneath

And the Collect a thon edition (above) is now sold out too

Same as Collectors Edition, more available at 6pm EST/11pm BST

Edited on by Bunkerneath

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

jump

With the announcement of the sequel I've just picked this up to try 100% it (which I know will never happen) and I noticed the googly eyes baddies again. I love the geniuses of the googly eyes baddies, it was such a trademark of the team to feature them back in the day so works like a weird inverted Easter egg which you have to smack.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Spoony_Tech

@jump Not a sequel. 😛😉😜

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jump

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@jump Not a sequel. 😛😉😜

I'm not going to call it a "reimagining", "fresh experience" or the other buzzwords they used as that's ridiculously pretentious

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

CanisWolfred

Downgrade, it's a downgrade. I mean, I might pick it up if it's good, but I can't express enough that I'm disappointed they went with a 2D platformer instead of building on the foundation of the previous game. Even if it turns out to be a stop-gap to fund the next 3D game, I find very little reason to be excited for it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

the_shpydar

The whole "not a sequel" thing is just silly marketing-speak. I think they're just putting it out there because they know that there are some gamers who are just ridiculous about things like "canon" and such. Of course it's a sequel - it's the next Yooka-Laylee game. Whether or not it directly follows the story from the first game is irrelevant, and the change in game design doesn't make a difference.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Spoony_Tech

@the_shpydar So Travis Strikes Again is a sequel?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

the_shpydar

@Spoony_Tech
I know nothing about that game nor any of the No More Heroes/Suda51 stuff, so can't answer that question.

But to use an analogy that i am familiar with, isn't Super Mario World a sequel to Super Mario 3? Isn't Super Mario 64 a sequel to Super Mario World? Isn't Ocarina of Time a sequel to Link to the Past?

I think it's pretty clear that Playtonic's point is just that the new game won't be a "storyline" sequel.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

CanisWolfred

@the_shpydar It being a sequel would imply that it's the direction they want to take the series in going forward despite it being a major departure from the previous game. They aren't worried about "canon," people are worried about the possibility that they're no longer interested in making 3D platformers.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

the_shpydar

@CanisWolfred
Yeah, i get that. Perhaps the "not a sequel" marketing-speak is more to that point then; that they want to make sure people know that they'll still be developing a 3D platformer.

But regardless, it's still a sequel.

The Shpydarloggery

CanisWolfred

the_shpydar wrote:

@CanisWolfred
Yeah, i get that. Perhaps the "not a sequel" marketing-speak is more to that point then; that they want to make sure people know that they'll still be developing a 3D platformer.

Or a spin-off. That's a thing, you know.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

the_shpydar

CanisWolfred wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

@CanisWolfred

Or a spin-off. That's a thing, you know.

True. But i don't think a game where you play as the same characters, doing the same basic moves, fighting the same type of enemies, in the same type of environments would be a spin-off.

Though perhaps we're just getting hung up on terminology. It reminds me of how Hollywood is constantly interchangeably and incorrectly using the terms "reboot", "remake", "revival" and "reimagining" these days.

The Shpydarloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic