Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 881 to 900 of 12,088

WhiteNoise17

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

ArabPikachu wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I enjoyed Megaman X7.

Welcome to the "I like Mega Man X7" club

Wow. I never thought I'd meet someone else that liked it.

Well you're actually not the one who likes it I enjoyed it some what it was a fun outing for the franchise to me anyway. But the real problem is we have all committed a gaming sin to the world and must now ahem,"BURN!!, BURN!!, BURN TO THE GROUND!!!, BURN TO THE GROUND!!!

Edited on by WhiteNoise17

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

HappyHappyist

Mariokart 8 is bad. The enemy AI is WAAAAAY too easy (even on 150cc) and there was no mayhem or chaos in my play through. The game is too tame.

Edited on by HappyHappyist

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Jaz007

WhiteNoise17 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

ArabPikachu wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I enjoyed Megaman X7.

Welcome to the "I like Mega Man X7" club

Wow. I never thought I'd meet someone else that liked it.

Well you're actually not the one who likes it I enjoyed it some what it was a fun outing for the franchise to me anyway. But the real problem is we have all committed a gaming sin to the world and must now ahem,"BURN!!, BURN!!, BURN TO THE GROUND!!!, BURN TO THE GROUND!!!

This hardly an unpopular opinion. Tons of people love this game, and have seen the average critic score, last I remember it was in the 90s. This is a popular opinion. Not liking it would be more unpopular.

Jaz007

8BitSamurai

Jaz007 wrote:

This hardly an unpopular opinion. Tons of people love this game, and have seen the average critic score, last I remember it was in the 90s. This is a popular opinion. Not liking it would be more unpopular.

It's in the 50's on Metacritic...

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

SkywardLink98

@Nintendo_Ninja Personally it's my favorite, but it's definitely a matter of personal taste. No one Zelda game can be the best.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

VmprHntrD

shaneoh wrote:

tanookisuit wrote:

One of them probably not stated here already in so many pages, that the classic/vintage video game market feels that the old games are not really your own but they are communal property that you're only allowed to do certain things and not others to them because there's the off chance it will affect the cash value of the game for other individuals into it for the monetary value. I still live in the world where you pay for an item, you can do what you wish with it.

Not unpopular at all, nor is the view that if games are not being sold for a certain amount of time then they are free to access by illegitimate means.

That's not what I was getting at. Some collectors of old games these days tell others who buy games what they're allowed to do with them and not. Simply put, let's say you own a red car and it's a sought after car to put into a car collection. Then a few other people own this car too. Now your car has some faded paint and some rust spots. You want to go and get a modern new coat of paint on there after the rust removal. Now those other guys with stock paint attack you for wanting to repaint your car because it's not the original paint and they hide information and materials from you so you can't fix your car because it would ruin the value of their cars because your 'fake' is on the road and looks as nice or nicer. That's what I meant. Nothing about old games and lack of ability to buy them.

My Personal Video Game / Accessory List
http://tanooki.byethost16.com/

8BitSamurai

tanookisuit wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

tanookisuit wrote:

One of them probably not stated here already in so many pages, that the classic/vintage video game market feels that the old games are not really your own but they are communal property that you're only allowed to do certain things and not others to them because there's the off chance it will affect the cash value of the game for other individuals into it for the monetary value. I still live in the world where you pay for an item, you can do what you wish with it.

Not unpopular at all, nor is the view that if games are not being sold for a certain amount of time then they are free to access by illegitimate means.

That's not what I was getting at. Some collectors of old games these days tell others who buy games what they're allowed to do with them and not. Simply put, let's say you own a red car and it's a sought after car to put into a car collection. Then a few other people own this car too. Now your car has some faded paint and some rust spots. You want to go and get a modern new coat of paint on there after the rust removal. Now those other guys with stock paint attack you for wanting to repaint your car because it's not the original paint and they hide information and materials from you so you can't fix your car because it would ruin the value of their cars because your 'fake' is on the road and looks as nice or nicer. That's what I meant. Nothing about old games and lack of ability to buy them.

Really, I think all collector's markets have this same thing going on.

Jaz007

8BitSamurai wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

It's in the 50's on Metacritic...

Gahh, I meant to post for the Skyward Sword thing..

Jaz007

shaneoh

tanookisuit wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

tanookisuit wrote:

You misunderstood, I know you meant you get the game and you can do what you want with it (mod/smash to pieces/whatever) and that it's not an unpopular opinion (at least with game owners). I was just saying on a tangent (to use your analogy) that if you really wanted to have a 1960's volkswagen (not good with cars ), they aren't available through the manufacturers, so I weld up an exact copy of the frame, add engines + other mechanical stuff/wheels/interiors/electrical. It would technically infringe on the IP but it's not as if they're losing money.

Just don't drive it on the road

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

DiscoDriver43

Not exactly a gaming opinion and this is likely not too unpopular, but i enjoyed the new Transformers movie. It thought it eliminated some of my biggest complaints. The human characters being useless, the military showing up because USA! USA!, and finally Shia and his unlikeable self. plus i thought the action and story were somewhat better. I honestly think that the critics were much too harsh and it just seemed like they decided they were going to hate the film before even watching it.

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

Zizzy

This will be unpopular amongst MS fanboys. I hate Halo. Liked Combat Evolved, then they kept remaking it and releasing it. No thanks. The CoD series took notes from Halo after making CoD4 and destroyed their series as well.

Zizzy

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1585-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Zizzy147

shaneoh

Zizzy wrote:

This will be unpopular amongst MS fanboys. I hate Halo. Liked Combat Evolved, then they kept remaking it and releasing it. No thanks. The CoD series took notes from Halo after making CoD4 and destroyed their series as well.

CoD was mediocre to begin with. Got worse with 2. 4 was my personal favourite, once the yearly releases started, was like "nope, fudge that"

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Zizzy

shaneoh wrote:

Zizzy wrote:

CoD was mediocre to begin with. Got worse with 2. 4 was my personal favourite, once the yearly releases started, was like "nope, fudge that"

I actually really enjoyed 2 and 3. Can't remember playing the first one, though.

Zizzy

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1585-6021 | Nintendo Network ID: Zizzy147

CaviarMeths

Dynasty Warriors is often called the CoD of Japan, but how hilarious would it be if Koei actually treated it that way? Like, they got on stage at E3 and talked about Dynasty Warriors 9 for a half hour like it was God's gift to gaming.

"One of the most exciting things about the new DW game is this horse."
"This is an entirely new DW for the new generation..."
"We brought a real Chinese guy into the studio to do lifelike motion capture."

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

CaviarMeths wrote:

Dynasty Warriors is often called the CoD of Japan, but how hilarious would it be if Koei actually treated it that way? Like, they got on stage at E3 and talked about Dynasty Warriors 9 for a half hour like it was God's gift to gaming.

That would be pretty amazing actually.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

8BitSamurai

CaviarMeths wrote:

This needs to happen. If Koei isn't doing this, they're gonna have to face the "rare" taxes of @ogo79.

kingston589

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

I've got some more:

The Gamecube is criminally underrated
The N64 is slightly overrated
Black and White 2 was the worst mainline Pokémon ever
Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald (gen 3) were better than Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow.
Brawl was just as good (if not better) than Melee
Mariokart 8 is just as good as Double Dash (but not better, they are forever tied)
Dragonball GT wasn't that bad (not gaming, but I had to say it)
Snivy is overrated
Pokémon isn't running out of ideas

I agree completely with all of those excpet i think red/blue are worse than black/white 2

Currently Playing: Smash Bros, Ducktales Remastered and Bayou Billy
Youtube: PlatTheFormer
Steam: PlatTheFormer

Nintendo Network ID: kingston589

kingston589

I also have some opinions.
Shadow the hedgehog is not that bad (the game)
Super Mario 64 is way overrated
Kirby super star is not as good as super star ultra
The first good mario kart was double dash

Edited on by kingston589

Currently Playing: Smash Bros, Ducktales Remastered and Bayou Billy
Youtube: PlatTheFormer
Steam: PlatTheFormer

Nintendo Network ID: kingston589

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic