Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,861 to 3,880 of 12,088

ThePirateCaptain

Am I the only one who really doesn't like the Xbox 360 menu? Granted I haven't used it that much, but it's so ugly and cluttered. I much prefer the PS3's XMB or even the Wii's home menu, though my personal favorite is the Wii U.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

shaneoh

ThePirateCaptain wrote:

Am I the only one who really doesn't like the Xbox 360 menu? Granted I haven't used it that much, but it's so ugly and cluttered. I much prefer the PS3's XMB or even the Wii's home menu, though my personal favorite is the Wii U.

No, you're not. The interfaces for the 360 and One are a complete cluster.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Whydoievenbother

Parappa the Rapper's graphics haven't aged well.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

kkslider5552000

Dave24 wrote:

Also, as "bestseller" "hot cake" Amnesia proved, 700, 000 copies sold per year is apperantly crazy seller to justify sinking millions to make AAA title.

It sold double than that over 3 years ago. And it still sold better than Fuse and is actually still being played by people, unlike Brink or most of the shooters.

I do feel like the entire comparison is impossible to properly do, as proper horror games are never actually advertised even 1/10 as much as action games. Yes, the action games with 100 million dollar marketing budget sold better than a game that relied on word of mouth. That doesn't mean much.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Alhall

Early DS games have aged horrendously! Almost as badly as PS1 games; And they're also an eyesore to play.

Alhall

Ralizah

shaneoh wrote:

ThePirateCaptain wrote:

No, you're not. The interfaces for the 360 and One are a complete cluster.

To be fair, the 360's is better than the PS4's. Never tried an Xbone, so I can't comment on that.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Socar

I don't understand why there's still support for the Vita really......

The Vita is on the level of the Wii U and compared to the Wii U, its gets more third party support for what reason? Why is it that the 3DS hasn't gotten a Ys game but instead Ys is for the Vita? Why is it that 3DS doesn't get Phantasy Star Nova and yet Sony gets it instead?

Honestly, the amount of stupidity third parties have when they say that they don't like this system and yet still support it is ridiculous. If the Vita did sell well, then I can understand but even then, its nowhere as great as the 3DS is right now. Its really making me say that third parties really have no idea what they want to do.

And here, you guys are telling me that I should make games multiplat.....wow.

@Alhall: Majority of the DS games are either hand drawn or pixel drawn. I can't remember many 3D games for the DS and even then, the ones that are 3D even if they are many, still don't look all dreadful. I love the visuals on SM64 DS more than the original and phantom hourglass looks amazing. I played Sonic colors recently and I don't have any issues with the graphics. Its important to understand Nintendo's philosophy of technology that they rather would produce cheap hardware than do something like the Vita.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

GamecubeMan

@Socar: Do you realize that most third parties love Nintendo and those that actually hate Nintendo are a minority? Sure, some believe that some of the decisions Nintendo make are odd but you probably hate 3rd parties more than 3rd parties hate Nintendo at this point.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Socar

@GamecubeMan: Then why complain about lack of power on Nintendo products when they have proven from time to time that power isn't the ultimate answer?

Seriously, why can't we get a Phantasy Star game on 3DS? Dragon's Quest and Etrian Odyssey are showing that there's a great market for RPG games on 3DS so why not do that instead of doing it on Vita?

The only third parties that admire and respect Nintendo are Square Enix, Capcom, SEGA and Ubisoft. Other than that, I can't think of any. Second parties help Nintendo a LOT more than third parties even Nintendo themselves claims them as second.

Ys can really do big for Nintendo but it doesn't and can do only so little for the Vita. I dislike third parties not because of their games because I do like many of them, but because of the stupid decisions that they do majority of the times. Final Fantasy 6 having bad graphics on steam? Really SE? Really? You want to defend the stupid mindsets that these third parties have that end up ruining their reputation? You want to defend Capcom's stupid decision of ending a franchise if the latest game does not sell 2 million?

SEGA.....oh....SEGA. I said this millions of times, they are nothing without Atlus and western devs that they somehow bought and its for that reason that many will defend SEGA because of the acquisitions. What games has SEGA released last year that made you want to buy it? Is it so hard for them to just make use of their dormant IP's?

Yakuza 5? That game was released on a last gen console namely the PS3....do you honestly expect the game to sell well? Because only if it sells well, we can see more of Yakuza because that's why we couldn't get Valkyria Chronicles 3 in the west right?

Phantasy Star Online 2......what about it? Why can't we see it in the west? What's the big deal and what's the reason we can't get it for the 3DS? Surely, SEGA can make use of the additional hardware the new 3DS has and make Phantasy Star Online 2 happen there.

It really comes to the point that third parties make dumb choices that end up making losses for them rather than gaining profits. What impact will third parties have after seeing Konami's evil side?

Look, I can easily ignore this and just try out other games instead of making rants. But quite lately, nearly 70% of third parties are just shadows of what they used to be back then and now, they are just a joke. EA hasn't changed one bit, King being bought by activision for a crazy sum that shouldn't be given for a mobile dev and the list goes on.

I'm glad Nintendo is still maintaining their IP well even though they don't make them frequently. I rather have a game that can put a smile in my face than deal with unfinished/mediocre games for the rest of my life.

Edited on by Socar

Whydoievenbother

Socar wrote:

Phantasy Star Online 2......what about it? Why can't we see it in the west? What's the big deal and what's the reason we can't get it for the 3DS? Surely, SEGA can make use of the additional hardware the new 3DS has and make Phantasy Star Online 2 happen there.

It really comes to the point that third parties make dumb choices that end up making losses for them rather than gaining profits. What impact will third parties have after seeing Konami's evil side?

1. Phantasy Star Online 2 Couldn't run on New 3DS if it's life depended on it. The best we'd get is a Phantasy Star spinoff

2. Here's what we're going to see from third parties after seeing Konami for who they really are:
Capcom: Hey, at least we're not Konami!
Namco: Hey, It's not like we're Konami or anything.
Activision: We may be bad, but we're not Konami levels of bad.
Squeenix: Would you rather we be Konami?
Sega: We're not even Capcom levels of bad! It's no like we exploit our workers/ Have no respect for our legacy/ Don't market our games until after they're out/ Lie to the public about visionaries leaving the company like Konami!

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Octane

Socar wrote:

King being bought by activision for a crazy sum that shouldn't be given for a mobile dev

lol. Yeah, that´s the reason why third parties are bad, they spend too much money on mobile companies.

Octane

jump

^And I take it you're the developer who is very subtly promoting your game then.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Whopper744

Not one thing in particular right now but it seems I am very different from the "fans" that I see on sites like reddit. I see something Nintendo is bringing out and I'm like "Oh cool!" while I look on there and everyone is complaining about it. Kind of brings the excitement down some. Many times this has happened. I think people just like to whine and complain about everything on the internet (kind of like how I'm complaining about them right now)

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Peek-a-boo

Whopper744 wrote:

think people just like to whine and complain about everything on the internet.

That's the World Wide Web in a nutshell!

I just come on these forums to talk about games as well as the occasional off-topic things, whereas other folk just complain all the time, as if they haven't got anything better to do with their time.

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo: sometimes complaining is the best thing to do. In addition, your sentence is 100% hyperbole so as an equally hyperbolic response can I assume you've never once complained about anything in your life? I would implore you to watch this, well worth it to understand why folk "like to complain all the time as if they haven't got anything better to do with their time."

EDIT: language warning and skip ahead to 2 mins in if you just want to see why it's A-OK to complain about videogames. All the time. And do nothing else with your time.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

LzWinky

I don't think complaining is a bad thing. The problem I usually have is the tone and frequency of it

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Socar

To those who rant about the Amiibo, can I ask, what's the big deal in them?

Never have I seen the Amiibo being a slap in face where you need them to get these things and whatnot because the things they give don't feel like you need them to enjoy the game more.

If anything, the figures themselves are made by hand and are worth as figures. So not only do you get an impressive figure but you also get some content in it. How is this the same as Capcom's on disc DLC method?

crimsontadpoles

@Socar: Amiibo are still required for unlocking on disk content, so it still counts as physical DLC. The biggest issue I have is that if I only want the extra content, then I have to pay the full price of the amiibo. There's no DLC option to pay a fairer price just to get the extra content without a figure.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic