General Discussion Forum

Topic: Thread of totally awesome Netflix Instant recommendations

Showing 421 to 440 of 892

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

421. Posted:

@Waveboy: Thats cool that you have another alternative than Netflix up there in Canada. Other than Netflix the only real choice we have here in the States is Blockbuster Online.

I mean yeah there is Redbox as well but at a dollar a day per rental I would easily surpass the $7.99 a month Netflix charges the way I go through movies lol.

Personally I hope Netflix gets a better streaming catalog so to speak since they are charging separately for disc rentals and streaming now.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Splat

422. Posted:

This has been posted before but it's a great site for when new things are being put up and when things are getting taken down.

http://instantwatcher.com/

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

irken004

423. Posted:

Just signed up for Redbox, might watch Sucker Punch from them soon.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

424. Posted:

Splat wrote:

This has been posted before but it's a great site for when new things are being put up and when things are getting taken down.

http://instantwatcher.com/

Thanks Splat I thought it was posted before but when I asked I was half asleep and couldnt remember lol.

@Irken: I am interested on how it goes since I will be switching to stream only on Netflix I might have to go to Redbox to get discs. Let me know how it goes.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

she_gamer

425. Posted:

Selection in Canada... not so great. You really have to dig to find something worthwhile. Kids in the Hall, Top Gear (UK), Heroes and Prison Break are the only ones I really want to watch, and I have maybe 100 or so random "maybes" that I might watch. These are a few from my maybe list:
The First 48, A Beautiful Mind, SNL, Pleasantville, The Scorpion King, Blue Crush, The Pursuit of Happyness, Panet of the Apes, U-571, A Knight's Tale, Cruel Intentions, Monster's Ball, The Thin Red Line, House of Flying Daggers, Thomas Crown Affair, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Catch Me if You Can, Fantastic Mr. Fox...

As you can see, absolutely nothing new. Oh, and just to save people some searching, Here is a complete list of Canadian shows/movies, and here is a site that lists the daily additions.

Edited on by she_gamer

she_gamer

AuthorMessage

Magi

426. Posted:

"Last Night" was pretty awesome. It's a movie about the last few hours on earth and how people are coping. It's more on the intellectual side and less on the action side. After having watched it, I checked out the reviews and most people either love it or hate it. I found it strangely intriguing and I stuck with it 'til the end. Glad I did.

Also, Prince of Darkness is up. It's a John Carpenter movie back from 1987. I enjoyed it as well. Pretty edgy and it aged fairly well. Alice Cooper is in it (lol).

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

JonWahlgren

427. Posted:

Seasons 1-4 of Mad Men just went up today. I can finally start watching this show, hooray!

Editor At Large
NLFM podcast | Twitter | Thunder Panda!

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter: jonwahlgren

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

428. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Waveboy: Thats cool that you have another alternative than Netflix up there in Canada. Other than Netflix the only real choice we have here in the States is Blockbuster Online.

I mean yeah there is Redbox as well but at a dollar a day per rental I would easily surpass the $7.99 a month Netflix charges the way I go through movies lol.

Personally I hope Netflix gets a better streaming catalog so to speak since they are charging separately for disc rentals and streaming now.

Ya, I think there are around 4 differen't online DVD to mail services here in Canada, Zip being the most popular that is.
And isn't Redbox that Vending machine DVD rental service? :p or maybe I'm getting it mixed up with something else.

As for NetFlix streaming it's just not for me, I'd rarely even use it. As for Zip....While again the selection is totaly brilliant...You can find the most obscure movies on that site ect ect. It's just the random top 20 list thingy that has me annoyed. Even when they ship out the next 2 i have to think or add in 2 other movies i never cared to see in the first place just to make it '20' again....Getting around to seeing the Movies you want seems to take forever. I've had 'Hatchet 2' and the remake 'Let me In' on their for god knows how long and i still haven't gotten those 2 yet.

I'm now starting to turn to the the Playstation rental service for the PS3. :p They have a decent review of new releases and then some on DVD for $3.99. You get the picture quality of an actual DVD disc...Although their bluray rentals only go up to 720p, but i only rent DVD's anyways. yet the sound quality isn't Dolby Digital which is a let down. or it is, but it's compressed i think and it's never really 5.1, but i use home theatre headphones so it's all good.

Anyways, the Zip DVD rental plan has an amazing selection....And is good for the more obscure 80's horror titles i want to rent, instead of buying, while the PSN is good for getting things on the fly, regarding new releases. But then i realise that I'm dropping $20 for Zip a month and then spending $3.99 a DVD rental on the PSN, and it adds up. eek!

Sometimes i feel like quitting Zip, and just sticking witht he PSN...but at the same time i just don't know. sigh*
Not being able to watch the movie YOU want, or even being in the mood for the DVD you recieve, plus the waiting sucks on Zip. It's just that amazing massive selection that they have that keeps me glued. if The PSN had THAT selection, i'd be fine dropping $3.99 a rental. B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

429. Posted:

Chobits@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

JeanLuc_Vaycard

430. Posted:

JonWahlgren wrote:

Seasons 1-4 of Mad Men just went up today. I can finally start watching this show, hooray!

I came here to post this. I only was able to watch part of season 1 a couple years back. I am happy to be able to watch this again. i need a break from my constant star trek watching lately lol.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AuthorMessage

Link79

431. Posted:

I wish they'd put the old Smurfs cartoon up on Netflix.
Seems like perfect timing since the movie just came out.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

432. Posted:

Is Dr. Horrible's dialogue supposed to be muted aside from songs? If so, while the movie was enjoyable, this seems like a cop-out.

Also, Kid_A, have you seen Season 7 of The Office yet? It really redeems the quality dip from Season 5 and, to some extent, 6. It's great to get closure on the character of Michael Scott; most TV shows just end abruptly.

MERGE: I've sadly been addicted to the Avengers TV show from 2010. It's horribly flawed, but as a Marvel geek I can't resist watching it. Anyone else find themselves in this predicament?

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Splat

433. Posted:

Splat wrote:

Link79 wrote:

Hey guys I just found X-MEN for instant viewing!
You know that awesome animated show from the 90's?
Yep, that one!

Just added thanks for the heads up!

Started season 3 today... =)

AuthorMessage

SuperLink

434. Posted:

TV

The Office
That 70's Show
Hey Arnold!
Invader Zim
Merlin
The Universe
The Twilight Zone
Saturday Night Live
The Guild

Movie

Dracula (1931)
Spaceballs
Speed (1994)
Die Hard

I might think of more later...

Edited on by SuperLink

Mom...Dad...I'm a Thespian

AuthorMessage

Splat

435. Posted:

Splat wrote:

Splat wrote:

Link79 wrote:

Hey guys I just found X-MEN for instant viewing!
You know that awesome animated show from the 90's?
Yep, that one!

Just added thanks for the heads up!

Started season 3 today... =)

Just about done with season 3. Not quite as good as it was when I was 12 but still good.

I thought Jubilee was lame when I was a kid and nothing has changed still lame. Jean Grey also not very cool powerful yes cool no...

Gambit,Rogue and Wolverine are still easily my favorites in that order.

Edited on by Splat

AuthorMessage

Neko_Rukiafan

436. Posted:

Is Dragonball Z,Naruto,or Bleach listed on netflix?

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com
50,000+ Posts
485 Reviews
4,400+ News Articles
420+ Exclusive Articles And Features
311 Members
810+ Twitter Followers!
800+ Facebook Likes!
http://www.wiiwarewave.com/t4311-interview-a-discussion-with-jools-watsham-from-renegade-kid

Twitter: WiiWareWave

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

437. Posted:

Both Bleach and Naruto is on stream for Netflix. Not sure about DBZ since I dont like that show.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

y2josh

438. Posted:

DBZ is not.

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage

irken004

439. Posted:

I deleted my subscription because I don't think the lack of good streaming content is worth the price. Oh well :(

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

440. Posted:

Scream 3 is now on instant. I wish they would put them all on streaming at the same time so I can go on a Screamfest. Oh well.

My Backlog