Forums

Topic: Thread of totally awesome Netflix Instant recommendations

Posts 1,041 to 1,058 of 1,058

Lloiddd

@ReaderRagfish Watched an episode, being Bill Nye fan as a kid in the 90's...not really a fan of this series. It seems more political than actual science to me. And that late 80's and 90's "Nickelodeon" feel to him is gone. Maybe I've just matured or his shtick is just cornier now. Maybe I didn't give it enough chance being turned off by the first episode but I didn't like it at all.

I did enjoy NDG-T's Cosmos, I wish he'd do more shows on NF.

Lloiddd

ReaderRagfish

@Lloiddd Wait, there's a new Bill Nye series?

(Looks it up)

Oh. That's awful.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread
Wii/DS games online post shutdown

RR529

@Lloiddd, I did hear recently that they're going to be doing a new season of Cosmos soon, so that should be good as I enjoyed the last one (of course, Netflix probably won't get it until at least a year after Fox/Nat-Geo are done airing it).

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Lloiddd

@ReaderRagfish Yeah there's one that came out last year...IDK if it's that bad (this is just my opinion) but it's definitely underwhelming compared to the old Bill Nye. I think the biggest problem is it's more political + a lot of his fans are in their 30's now and maybe his act has finally...really isn't what it was.

@RR529 that's awesome. I don't have cable anymore but use to consume anything with Kaku and NDGT on Discovery, Nat Geo.

This one I'm excited for...like a fantasy version of Futurama. lol

Lloiddd

ReaderRagfish

@Lloiddd I still find the old Bill Nye entertaining, but yeah, the new one is bad from what I just saw. It's mostly politics, and the "science" that it still has is of questionable legitimacy.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread
Wii/DS games online post shutdown

AlohaPizzaJack

I’ll add Life After Beth to this list. Watched it the other day and it cracked me up.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

RR529

The Crown season 2 (Netflix Original) - Not quite as good as season 1 IMO (I really enjoyed John Lithgow as Winston Churchill), but it's still an immaculately produced & interesting series.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

RR529

Troy: Fall of a City (Netflix Original) - Sword & sandal miniseries that chronicles the fall of Troy with some light fantasy elements sprinkled in. It's not must watch, but if you like sword & sandal stuff it's worth a look.

On a side note, I just got a new smart TV for my own personal use, and provided it holds up (it's a budget set), I should be able to watch Netflix & the like more often (maybe even enough to follow 2 shows at once!). It's worked pretty great so far.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Fandabidozi

@RR529

Will check it out been looking for something new. I’ve just finished Bates Motel which was excellent - can’t recommend enough.

Edited on by Fandabidozi

NNID: Fandabidozi
3DS Friend Code: 2552-1581-3189
AC Pocket Camp: 1580 9310 141

Nintendo Network ID: Fandabidozi | Twitter:

RR529

Dragon Pilot: Hisone & Masotan (Netflix Original) - Anime in which Japan has long since held the secret that they have dragons backing up their military (disguised as kites in feudal times, and fighter jets in modern days), with human pilots (rather than riding on their dragons, the dragons swallow them and they "pilot" them from the inside). It's actually more of a feel good cutesy show, but was enjoyable enough for what it is.

ReBoot: the Guardian Code season 2 (Netflix Original) - Second season of their terribad ReBoot reboot. As a fan of the original I just kept watching to see if it would get any better. It didn't, but I'm a glutton for punishment, lol.

the Outsider (Netflix Original Film) - Film set in Osaka in the late 1950's in which an expat is accepted into the world of the Yakuza after saving one of their own in prison. I liked this one quite a bit and say it'd be a good one to add to your list if you like 20th century period pieces and/or Japanese themed film.

Lost in Space (Netflix Original) - Never really watched the original, but I got pretty hooked on this. A tad slow in spots maybe, but if you have any interest in sci-fi be sure to add this to your list.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

subpopz

RR529 wrote:

Lost in Space (Netflix Original) - Never really watched the original, but I got pretty hooked on this. A tad slow in spots maybe, but if you have any interest in sci-fi be sure to add this to your list.

@RR529 I really enjoyed this. I like 'mature' sci-fi as much as the next guy, but this was truly a good family friendly sci-fi show. Looking forward to season 2

Switch - Tetris 99, Portal Knights, Owl Boy
3DS -
PC - Guild Wars 2

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

Charlie_Girl

RR529 wrote:

GLOW season 2 (Netflix Original) - I quite enjoyed the first season, and season 2 was no different. If you like 80's and/or wrestling, check this series out.

I will cosign this all day everyday.
season 1 was phenomenally entertaining, with a range of stories, characterizations, and some fun Saturday-morning style action.

season 2 took all of that and somehow made it BETTER.

GLOW is seriously a 10/10 show.

♪I'll be your 1up girl♪

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933 | My Nintendo: CharlieSmile | Nintendo Network ID: CharlieSmile | Twitter:

RR529

One I forgot:

the Christmas Chronicles (Netflix Original Film) - Pretty standard family Christmas film. A family is on the verge of collapse the first Christmas after the death of the father, but when estranged siblings manage to find their way on to Santa's (played by Kurt Russell) sleigh & muck things up, they have to help him save Christmas, and along the way may just repair their relashionship.

subpopz wrote:

RR529 wrote:

@RR529 I really enjoyed this. I like 'mature' sci-fi as much as the next guy, but this was truly a good family friendly sci-fi show. Looking forward to season 2

Yeah, it definitely gave me some serious Star Trek vibes, but with more of a focus on a longer story arc than episodic adventures. And I agree, I enjoy "mature" series as much as the next viewer, but it was refreshing to run into such a tense, twist filled show that didn't rely heavily on gore (and no nudity). I'll go on record to say "Dr. Smith" is easily a top tier Netflix villain as well, she's just so easy to hate.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

RR529

Switched (Netflix Original) - Japanese take on the "body switch curse" plotline that sees the pretty popular girl switching bodies with the unpopular homely girl. Where it does differ from it's contemporaries is that this isn't because the pretty girl (Ayumi) needs to learn a lesson about humility, but is a deliberate plot by the jealous unpopular girl (Umine) to steal her life (This isn't a spoiler, as it's revealed in the first episode). Pretty interesting watch, and at only 6 episodes, you can get through it pretty quickly.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

BenGrimm

Currently rewatching Star Trek on Netflix. Finished Next Generation and DS9 and onto Voyager now. Looking forward to Punisher next.

BenGrimm

LilDoggo48

Netflix had some great animated offerings this past year and the likes of Disenchantment, Hilda & She-Ra are now insta-reccomendations for me. All great toons worth watching & re-watching in my book!

Eagerly Awaiting Animal Crossing for Switch!

RR529

Castlevania season 2 (Netflix Original) - While I wasn't big on season 1, season 2 was pretty great IMO. I had some reservations at first when they introduced Dracula's generals at the start of the season (Like season one, I thought they were going to have to spend all season focusing on building things up with the introduction of all these new characters), but it came together by the end of the season with a very exciting climactic battle.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

RR529

Roman Empire (Netflix Original) season 2 - Not the most elaborately produced series, but it has a unique style blending embellished historical drama & educational documentary, and since the seasons are really short I enjoy watching them.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic