Forums

Topic: Thread of totally awesome Netflix Instant recommendations

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,051

Kid_A

BellGoRiiing wrote:

...So, um...about that Ren & Stimpy one, you know...the adult party thing. lol
Did anyone watch that? Like, I know its gonna be for adults (obviously, with the title, lol), but like...I dunno. xD
What is it, exactly? >_>

It's a good idea gone horribly wrong. I enjoy watching John K.'s animation and drawings, but that's about the only thing worth watching about them. They're mostly unfunny, poorly paced and lazily written. Stick with the first two seasons of the original show (also available for steaming).

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

longtimegamer

I noticed that they had some Pucca cartoons on. I checked it out, because of the wiiware game my fiance and I downloaded. They're kinda cute and funny.

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOU...

Odnetnin

I got so desperate for Netflix to get Season 7 of The Office that I signed up for a free trial of Hulu Plus. Just to let you guys know, IMO it's not nearly as good as Netflix (ads, not a great interface, and glitches/intermittent streaming quality).
but threat level midnight, garage sale, and michael's last dundies have to be some of the best sitcom episodes ever

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Tasuki

Well I finally got through Law and Order: SVU last night. Now I just have to wait for the 12th season to come out to DVD to catch up to the series. Hopefully it will come out before the next season starts. I guess now I will be starting on Star Trek: TNG.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

Anyone know of a place where they have a listing of all the movies that Netflix has to stream? I have been wanting to watch somethings but I just cant think of any at the moment.

My Backlog

ryanheinz

I hope that I can stream Zombieland on my 3DS soon, one of my favorite movies.

I like to watch TV Shows right now, usually just South Park and Pawn Stars.
I'm still looking for some more movies to watch.. anyone recommend me some good, action movies?

Switch FC: 3315-9709-8980
PSN: MightyLemonade

Twitter:

Link79

@ Waveboy
Basically if you want the good movies with Netflix you gotta get the DVD plan.
They aren't going to put the high budget blockbusters on instant streaming.
That way they can get you to pay extra for the movies you really want.
Ever went digging through the DVD bargain bin at Walmart?
Those are the kind of lame movies you're likely to find downloadable on Netflix.
The stuff nobody wants to see.

Edited on by Link79

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

Link79

@ Waveboy
Occasionally I'll find a decent movie to watch on Netflix
but 9 times out of 10 it's stuff I've never heard of.
I just have the instant Streaming plan and it hasn't been all it's cracked up to be.
It also irritates me when I'm in the middle of watching a TV series or movie and suddenly it gets taken down.
Then I can't finish my show

Wii and 3DS ID Link

Tasuki

@Waveboy: Thats cool that you have another alternative than Netflix up there in Canada. Other than Netflix the only real choice we have here in the States is Blockbuster Online.

I mean yeah there is Redbox as well but at a dollar a day per rental I would easily surpass the $7.99 a month Netflix charges the way I go through movies lol.

Personally I hope Netflix gets a better streaming catalog so to speak since they are charging separately for disc rentals and streaming now.

My Backlog

Splat

This has been posted before but it's a great site for when new things are being put up and when things are getting taken down.

http://instantwatcher.com/

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

irken004

Just signed up for Redbox, might watch Sucker Punch from them soon.

Tasuki

Splat wrote:

This has been posted before but it's a great site for when new things are being put up and when things are getting taken down.

http://instantwatcher.com/

Thanks Splat I thought it was posted before but when I asked I was half asleep and couldnt remember lol.

@Irken: I am interested on how it goes since I will be switching to stream only on Netflix I might have to go to Redbox to get discs. Let me know how it goes.

My Backlog

she_gamer

Selection in Canada... not so great. You really have to dig to find something worthwhile. Kids in the Hall, Top Gear (UK), Heroes and Prison Break are the only ones I really want to watch, and I have maybe 100 or so random "maybes" that I might watch. These are a few from my maybe list:
The First 48, A Beautiful Mind, SNL, Pleasantville, The Scorpion King, Blue Crush, The Pursuit of Happyness, Panet of the Apes, U-571, A Knight's Tale, Cruel Intentions, Monster's Ball, The Thin Red Line, House of Flying Daggers, Thomas Crown Affair, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Catch Me if You Can, Fantastic Mr. Fox...

As you can see, absolutely nothing new. Oh, and just to save people some searching, Here is a complete list of Canadian shows/movies, and here is a site that lists the daily additions.

Edited on by she_gamer

she_gamer

Nintendo Network ID: she_gamer

Magi

"Last Night" was pretty awesome. It's a movie about the last few hours on earth and how people are coping. It's more on the intellectual side and less on the action side. After having watched it, I checked out the reviews and most people either love it or hate it. I found it strangely intriguing and I stuck with it 'til the end. Glad I did.

Also, Prince of Darkness is up. It's a John Carpenter movie back from 1987. I enjoyed it as well. Pretty edgy and it aged fairly well. Alice Cooper is in it (lol).

Magi

JonWahlgren

Seasons 1-4 of Mad Men just went up today. I can finally start watching this show, hooray!

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

JeanLuc_Vaycard

JonWahlgren wrote:

Seasons 1-4 of Mad Men just went up today. I can finally start watching this show, hooray!

I came here to post this. I only was able to watch part of season 1 a couple years back. I am happy to be able to watch this again. i need a break from my constant star trek watching lately lol.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Link79

I wish they'd put the old Smurfs cartoon up on Netflix.
Seems like perfect timing since the movie just came out.

Wii and 3DS ID Link

Odnetnin

Is Dr. Horrible's dialogue supposed to be muted aside from songs? If so, while the movie was enjoyable, this seems like a cop-out.

Also, Kid_A, have you seen Season 7 of The Office yet? It really redeems the quality dip from Season 5 and, to some extent, 6. It's great to get closure on the character of Michael Scott; most TV shows just end abruptly.

MERGE: I've sadly been addicted to the Avengers TV show from 2010. It's horribly flawed, but as a Marvel geek I can't resist watching it. Anyone else find themselves in this predicament?

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Splat

Splat wrote:

Link79 wrote:

Hey guys I just found X-MEN for instant viewing!
You know that awesome animated show from the 90's?
Yep, that one!

Just added thanks for the heads up!

Started season 3 today... =)

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic