General Discussion Forum

Topic: Thread of totally awesome Netflix Instant recommendations

Showing 401 to 420 of 892

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

401. Posted:

y2josh wrote:

I don't care for Ren and Stimpy, but I thought it was Canadian.

I really don't care for it anymore either. I'm a little too old to even try and watch most animated entertainment. Batman and the X-MEN after school will always be my favorites.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

402. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

y2josh wrote:

I don't care for Ren and Stimpy, but I thought it was Canadian.

I really don't care for it anymore either.

But you just...

WiiAboutU wrote:

I'm a little too old to even try and watch most animated entertainment.

Since when?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

403. Posted:

Since before the turn of this century young'ns.

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

404. Posted:

So you're saying you're too old for Futurama? Besides, you're never too old for entertainment, my boy, not of any kind.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

brooks83

405. Posted:

How old are you WiiAboutU? I'm 28 and still love watching cartoons. Ren and Stimpy seems more like an adult cartoon anyways, I can't believe it was ever marketed for kids.

brooks83

AuthorMessage

Link79

406. Posted:

I'm 32 and I still like to watch Simpsons, the Toy Story movies and Shrek.
What's wrong with that? Sure I get teased sometimes but to heck with em.
I like what I like. The little guy inside me wants to come out and play once in a while.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

407. Posted:

Let's just say I'm old enough to remember "You Can't Do That On Television." And I did just recently start rewatching the X-MEN animated series, that I spoke of earlier in this thread. But that's about all I can endure. The Shrek movies were watchable and they had some fairly humorous points in them. But for me the Shrek movies were only watchable once.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

408. Posted:

Not really a totally awesome recommendation but for any of you who havent seen The Last Airbender its on streaming now so you dont have to waste money on it like I did.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

brooks83

409. Posted:

Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to Liquor Day - funniest movie I've seen in a while. They also have the whole series availabe to stream. Apparently it was on for 7 or 8 seasons. I just never heard of it until recently as it is a Canadian show.

brooks83

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

410. Posted:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

...So, um...about that Ren & Stimpy one, you know...the adult party thing. lol
Did anyone watch that? Like, I know its gonna be for adults (obviously, with the title, lol), but like...I dunno. xD
What is it, exactly? >_>

It's a good idea gone horribly wrong. I enjoy watching John K.'s animation and drawings, but that's about the only thing worth watching about them. They're mostly unfunny, poorly paced and lazily written. Stick with the first two seasons of the original show (also available for steaming).

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

411. Posted:

I've been using Zip for almost 4 months now, and I'm feeling a tiny bit mixed over the whole thing. First of all, no NetFlix streaming can beat the picture and sound quality of an actual disc, be it DVD or Bluray. But the big problem with Zip, is that you have to make a list of over 20 movies you want to watch, and then Zip randomly selects '2 in my case' and sends them out.

I never get the movie i want, and i'm never usually in the mood for what i get. Plus you have to wait 3-5 days to actually get the discs, THEN you have to send them on their way in your local mail box when you're done and then you have to wait another 4 or 5 days for them to ship the next 2 out.... I spend $19.99 for the 2 disc deal and usually end up getting 6-8 rentals a month.

Maybe I'm better off with NetFlex....Although it seems like it takes forever for them to get new releases, the streaming and sound quality i'm guessing isn't as hot either, plus the variety is lacking in comparison. I guess I should just try the free trial out formyself to see how it is.

Keep in mind though, I don't have an HDTV, so I don't care about HD at the momento, and i wouldn't either way if I'm watching my beloved 80's horror movies. B-) Also Netflex has a weak sauce selection compared to Zip...So you have to take the good with the bad.

But NetFlix's random movie sending and the waiting is really starting to piss me the hell off. When i want to watch a movie, I want to watch a movie, and when i'm in the mood for a certain movie i want to watch THAT movie.

Then there's SONY's PS3 movie rental service....on average, you're looking at $3.99 for a DVD rental....But keep in mind that while the PQ is fantastic, the sound quality is balls.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

longtimegamer

412. Posted:

I noticed that they had some Pucca cartoons on. I checked it out, because of the wiiware game my fiance and I downloaded. They're kinda cute and funny.

3ds fc: 1247-0003-1095
MK Fc: 2793- 3370-8506
Wii Fc: 7382-7314-0404-2194
Fiance Wendy's MK FC:(Same system) 4854-9224-0913
Uno FC: 1849-3080-8612
Overturn FC: 3266-3672-0977
Animal Crossing CF FC: 3094-5964-6068 Name: LTGamer, town: Wiitopia.

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!" the Soup Nazi

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

413. Posted:

I got so desperate for Netflix to get Season 7 of The Office that I signed up for a free trial of Hulu Plus. Just to let you guys know, IMO it's not nearly as good as Netflix (ads, not a great interface, and glitches/intermittent streaming quality).
but threat level midnight, garage sale, and michael's last dundies have to be some of the best sitcom episodes ever

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

414. Posted:

Well I finally got through Law and Order: SVU last night. Now I just have to wait for the 12th season to come out to DVD to catch up to the series. Hopefully it will come out before the next season starts. I guess now I will be starting on Star Trek: TNG.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

415. Posted:

Oh man, the horror selection(for ex) on NetFlix is just horrible. I've been searching for Lucio Fulci and Dario Argento's Italian horror classics and there is nothing available, NF doesn't even have any of the Nightmare on elm street or Classic Halloween Films...A big massive WTF right there. It seems every horror movie that i'm interested in seeing isn't available on NetFlix....Where as Zip.ca has practically everything i wan't.

This just isn't a regular bummer, it's a big fat juicy bodacious bummer! No wonder the service is so cheap and that you get to watch anything available on the service when you want to....It's the variety, it's just not there at all. yikes.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

416. Posted:

Anyone know of a place where they have a listing of all the movies that Netflix has to stream? I have been wanting to watch somethings but I just cant think of any at the moment.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Supremeist

417. Posted:

I hope that I can stream Zombieland on my 3DS soon, one of my favorite movies.

I like to watch TV Shows right now, usually just South Park and Pawn Stars.
I'm still looking for some more movies to watch.. anyone recommend me some good, action movies?

N3DS FC: 4425-1501-1975 x
PSN: MightyLemonade
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RyanUnboxes

Getting a WiiU on August 25th for my birthday.

Twitter: thesoapmun

AuthorMessage

Link79

418. Posted:

@ Waveboy
Basically if you want the good movies with Netflix you gotta get the DVD plan.
They aren't going to put the high budget blockbusters on instant streaming.
That way they can get you to pay extra for the movies you really want.
Ever went digging through the DVD bargain bin at Walmart?
Those are the kind of lame movies you're likely to find downloadable on Netflix.
The stuff nobody wants to see. :(

Edited on by Link79

Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

419. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

@ Waveboy
Basically if you want the good movies with Netflix you gotta get the DVD plan.
They aren't going to put the high budget blockbusters on instant streaming.
That way they can get you to pay extra for the movies you really want.
Ever went digging through the DVD bargain bin at Walmart?
Those are the kind of lame movies you're likely to find downloadable on Netflix.
The stuff nobody wants to see. :(

That sucks. :p Well I'm currently using Zip, where they send out DVD's by mail and the selection is absolutely wonderful....Too bad they don't currenly have 'Hobo with a Shot gun'lol But i can pay the $3.99 and rent it on the PS3 if i really want too. Anyways, NetFlix only does the streaming in Canada, and i'm going to have to pass on it.....big time. lol

AuthorMessage

Link79

420. Posted:

@ Waveboy
Occasionally I'll find a decent movie to watch on Netflix
but 9 times out of 10 it's stuff I've never heard of.
I just have the instant Streaming plan and it hasn't been all it's cracked up to be.
It also irritates me when I'm in the middle of watching a TV series or movie and suddenly it gets taken down.
Then I can't finish my show :(

Wii and 3DS ID Link