Forums

Topic: The Favorite/Least Favorite Thread - #20: Doughnuts

Posts 141 to 160 of 169

BearHunger

My favorite is the Atomic Planet Entertainment clip that plays when starting up Mega Man Anniversary Collection. Paired with the elevator music, it cracked me up when I was younger.

My least favorite is the weird 3D animated Titus mascot fox's head from the prototype of Superman for N64. The replacement of it with a static drawing in the final version is one of the few improvements made to the game prior to its release, I've read.

Edited on by BearHunger

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

RR529

Favorite: McDonald's logo. I don't know, seeing it just brings me back to being a kid, on that rare occasion where I'd get a Happy Meal & toy, lol. Also, it's sort of the de facto symbol for the success of capitalism.

Can't really think of a least favorite.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Shocks1776

My favorite is id Software's logo.
My least favorite is probably 2K Games'

Edited on by Shocks1776

Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, Turok, Goldeneye, Unreal, Half-Life, Team Fortress, Medal of Honor, Battlefield, Call of Duty, BioShock

BearHunger

Might I suggest “boss battles” for the next topic? I have a couple in mind. If not that, then how about “something else”?

BearHunger

shingi_70

Pocket
Untitled

Pocket Casts
Untitled

Dating fireball
Untitled

Least favorite would maybe be Evernote for windows.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Kyloctopus

Favorite:Has to be FedEx. That secret Arrow blew my mind. I also like the NBC Peacock Logo
Least Favorite: The old Windows logo

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

mystman12

Today's Topic is Boss Battles. (Suggested by @BearHunger) Which boss battle was so epic that it's your favorite? And what boss battle was so disappointing that it's your least favorite?

Most favorite: This is hard, so many games with so many boss battles... Right now the best one that comes to mind would be the whole final boss segment of Kirby: Triple Deluxe. The music, the awesomeness, the constantly falling into the pit from Beetle Kirby's ground pound move!

Least favorite: The only one that comes to mind right now is the ice monster boss from Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. It was a gimmick boss, and those aren't necessarily bad, but they are when they don't work right! And this one just wasn't programmed well enough, which just made it frustrating to beat.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

favorite: 02(Kirby 64) the most epic battle ever to my childhood memories Untitled

least favorite: last boss of Mario & Luigi Dream Team, easiest RPG last boss I ever faced, it wasn't even funny...

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

BearHunger

Alright!

Favorite: From Kingdom Hearts II, the Groundshaker: the giant riding the gigantic beast, with the vast, empty wasteland as the arena. The scale of it is amazing.

Least Favorite: Luxord from the same game because I didn't understand the wacky rules of the battle—I won without knowing what I was supposed to be doing.

Also, I could never hit Gyorg from Majora's Mask without getting eaten immediately afterward.

EDIT: How did I forget about King Galaxian from Pac-Man World? That whole stage is so cool. The highlight of the game for sure.

Edited on by BearHunger

BearHunger

RR529

Favorite: It's tough to say, since there's so many. For nostalgia's sake, Bowser from SMW as marking the first time I beat a game. For bosses that are awesome due to their epic scale, almost every multi-stage JRPG final boss, like Ansem, Zemnas, One King, etc (and Ganondorf from TP, though that's not a JRPG).

Least Favorite: Any boss that returns as a common enemy midway/late in the game. It completely cheapens the original experience, and ruins the memory of the fight.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

SkywardLink98

Favorite: Final fight with Ghirahim in Skyward Sword. After being denied my right to stab him through numerous times, I was glad to throw him off a cliff and impale him into the ground.
Least Favorite: Liadri from Guild Wars 2. That fight is the definition of cheap. You are being chased by kill-on-touch clones of her, while dodging exploding circles, while being unable to damage the boss. Plus it's on a 2 minute timer, so unless you're in full damage gear you won't be able to kill her in time.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

MsJubilee

Favorite: shadow queen from paper mario thousand year door, demise skyward sword, The guardian darksiders 2 cause it's awesome and it has an amazing theme. Bane Batman arkham origins.
Least favorite: Absalom daksiders 2 that boss was easy and it was very disappointing and it's terrible cause it's the final boss. Deathstroke Batman arkham origins it was repetitive and annoying.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Captain_Toad

Favorite (so far) Rank #1 fight No more heroes 1. Though this boss doesn't have much health it makes up for it for takes what you learned and applying it and it doesn't let up.

Least Favorite : The ghost-o-matic domes from Pac-man world 2. You had 6 bosses in the whole adventure, game. Why must half of em consist of those ghost-o-matics with only minor differences of defeating it. Runner up is the final boss from Prince of persia Rival swords. While it did take sorta the same route as the rank 1 fight from no more heroes it should've been a tad better executed, mainly the camera angles and taking damage from the debris.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Araquanid

Favorite boss: This is a hard one for me.. so I'll just make a top 10 list instead. (in no particular order and only of games I played)
1. Flaahgra (Metroid prime/Metroid prime Trilogy)
2. Quadraxsis (Metroid prime 2: echoes/Metroid prime Trilogy)
3. Moldarach (Legend of zelda: Skyward Sword)
4. That weird manta ray guy in Super mario sunshine.
5. Segmented Clawbster (Pikmin 2)
6. Giygas (Earthbound)
7. Amorbis (Metroid prime 2; Echoes/Trilogy)
8. Chykka (Metroid prime 2; Echoes/Trilogy) (What the metroid series have rediculously good boss fights!!!)
9. Gohma (Legend of zelda; wind waker)
10. Volvagia (Legend of zelda; Ocarina of time)
Least Favorite:
I know one boss that I NEVER.. EVER.. want to fight again..

It doesn't have a name (it's actually from a frogger game on the NGC)

BUT IT'S HARD! (If anybody is familiar with the game it's underground 4 in frogger beyond I believe..)

EDIT: This guy!

Keep in mind you can only move with the D pad.. and turn around with the L/R buttons.. and holding down on the d-pad doesn't do anything.. you're button mashing the entire time! You're button mashing.. with this thing shooting at you.. with randomized platform spawning to prevent any particular pattern of movement.. and on the third part, while they're moving and he's surrounding you in fire the entire time.. Oh and if you take too long to press the button on the last part.. IT RESETS!

Rediculously hard when you're the one holding the controller.. (This guy makes it look easy.)

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Veloster

Favourite:

This is my all-time favourite boss, and it'll take one heck of a boss (in future games) to even make me reconsider.

My 2nd favourite:

This is the only boss, so far, that even comes close to how much I enjoy Molgera.

Least favourite:

Don't even make me explain.....please.

And this is the tune I 'sometimes' play over Molgera XD:

I'm not sure if I prefer this or the original now.

Edited on by Veloster

The greatest scene in T.V history

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0036-0357

I-U

My favorite boss battle would probably by Slench v3 from Metroid Prime Hunters, mostly because I find the Battlehammer really fun to use during that encounter.

Least Favorite would be any Final Fantasy III boss off of the floating continent, because I felt they continually emphasized grinding and grinding zapped my motivation to play.

Edited on by I-U

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

mystman12

Today's topic is video game announcements. What video game announcement made you the most excited?

For me, one of my favorites has to be the announcement of Smash Run for Smash Bros. 3DS. That, topped with Greninja, got me extremely hyped for the game! I also remember being excited for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and The Pinball Arcade when they were announced.

Can't think of a least favorite.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!

mystman12

Wowzer! That was a popular topic! Anyways, today's topic is K.K. Slider songs from Animal Crossing.

My two favorites are Steep Hill and K.K. Ballad. (Awesomely, someone made a remix that mixes both of those together: http://youtu.be/Uuhby6OUSuo)

My least favorite is To the Edge. It just sounds, I dunno, drunk, I guess...

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!

Oragami

Hey! OP! Bring this back!
But on topic...
Favorite: Surfin K.K.
Least: I can't remember, but it was really bad, and some townsperson I hate has it in their house.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.