Forums

Topic: R.I.P. Firefox (2004-2009)

Posts 21 to 40 of 57

shingi_70

i'm a safari man myself.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

I dunno what to say. I have been using it since 2004 and never crashed.

Good

It just f***ing crashed on me 2 times in a row, I sh*t you not! My version is 3.5.5 and it's absolute garbage. You guys must be running XP or Windows 7 becasue I'm running Vista.

Good

ReZon

Good wrote:

It just f***ing crashed on me 2 times in a row, I sh*t you not! My version is 3.5.5 and it's absolute garbage. You guys must be running XP or Windows 7 becasue I'm running Vista.

Firefox on my work computer with Vista never crashes either. Sounds like you're doing something wrong.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom - 0045-4226-761
http://flipnote.hatena.com/518C63F031CA4938@DSi/

Mabbit

the coolest thing about firefox, is the add-ons. unfortunetly, i got too many and now it goes slower than glue on a snail taped to a sloth sledding on molasses

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

NotEnoughGolds

Odnetnin wrote:

Still runs smooth as a newly paved road (yeah, bad pun) for me. And as soon as I read the topic title, I thought Firefox was going to crash on me in five seconds. Phew

Looks a lot like a simile more than a pun.
Firefox crashes on me from time to time but it doesn't really bother me.

As a developer that works on a lot of web apps, the Firebug extension is incredible.
Foxyplayer, themes, firebug, and smooth scrollers make FF a no-brainer for me.

Edit: And Ad-Block Plus. And Clear Cache button. And Multi-row bookmarks. And Smart Middle Click (not updated for 3.5.5 )

Edited on by NotEnoughGolds

NotEnoughGolds

Machu

Good wrote:

The next time my web browser abruptly closes and I see this message, I'm going write an email complaint to Mozilla!

Might be a good idea, be nice though. I'd suggest Malwarebytes to see if you've got any crud in your poota, but that has issues with Vista (vice versa more like). Are you protected and stuff (anti-virus and ergh, stuff)?

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Ravage

Mine actually crashed on me last night, it had something to do with divx though.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Nintendork

Good wrote:

Huh, that's weird. I have Firefox on XP, Kubuntu, and Vista, and Vista seems to be the most stable (only Kubuntu has ever crashed on me, and that's because of a ****y flash player).

That's why you're still a kid.
ADD ME ON PSN: xnintendorkx
Youtube account: xNintendorkx

SMW

What kind of plugins are you running? One of them may be causing the crashes. If it isn't a plugin, then I suggest doing a clean reinstallation.

I use Opera as my main, but from what I've used of FireFox, it seems to be pretty stable. I can see how it could get bogged down if you run too many plugins, though.

Edited on by SMW

SMW

Miyabi273

I switch between Safari and Firefox. I've never had a problem with Firefox. Now IE is a different matter it screws up so much..

"Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground!" ~ General Larry Platt

theblackdragon

Good wrote:

like i said before, one of the computers I use is running Vista, and my only occasional problem running Firefox on it is if i have the same browser window open and keep re-using it for like a week or something -- it tends to eat virtual memory for some reason.

I agree with SMW that your problem may be plugin-related. Try disabling all your plugins and see if it stops crashing... if that works, then toggle all your plugins until you find the one that's causing the problem, then report the problem if you like. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

jangonov

Running Vista and the latest version of Firefox. I never get a problem except from facebook occasionally. I think that is he website though, as no other sites have that problem

Wii : 5234 3442 0233 5325
3DS: 2664-2106-1671
I have A LOT of games, if you want to play something, just email me jangonov&#...

I've got no problems at all with FireFox, it is still one of the best browsers and I don't use anything else.

Internet Explorer on the other hand is still about as slow as a turd going through a lemonade straw on my PC.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Sean_Aaron

I get Firefox crashes occasionally. If it wasn't for Tabmix Plus, I'd be using Safari, which I think is the Best Browser in the Universe (tm).

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

NotEnoughGolds

theblackdragon wrote:

Good wrote:

like i said before, one of the computers I use is running Vista, and my only occasional problem running Firefox on it is if i have the same browser window open and keep re-using it for like a week or something -- it tends to eat virtual memory for some reason.

I agree with SMW that your problem may be plugin-related. Try disabling all your plugins and see if it stops crashing... if that works, then toggle all your plugins until you find the one that's causing the problem, then report the problem if you like. :3

Firefox has a well-known memory leak that's somehow never been fixed.
Tabs aren't cleaned up properly, so every time you open and use a new tab, it will allocate space in memory and will not free all of it when it's closed.
So if you've been using the same window but have opened up 100+ tabs (not all at once, just at any point), then Firefox can easily eat up 300MB-700MB of RAM. More than enough to cripple my computer that still only has 1 GB of RAM.

NotEnoughGolds

RandomWiiPlayer

Good wrote:

I'm using Firefox AND Vista right now, and I've never had any problems.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.