Forums

Topic: R.I.P. Firefox (2004-2009)

Posts 1 to 20 of 58

Good

Seriously, Firefox used to be awesome back in 2005-2006. Now the web browser gets worse and worse with each update and more unstable and crashes more often. Seriously, what the hell happened to this great web browser?

Good

M00se

got its @$$ kicked by google chrome!!

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

Good

Damn Google Chrome!!

Good

Shane904

I still like Firefox.

Shane904

AlexSays

It never ever ever ever crashes on me. Ever.

Don't know how my version is so different.

AlexSays

theblackdragon

i don't really have any problems with firefox other than the occasional memory-hogging that happens if you leave the same browser window open in Vista for like a week, lol, and the fact that firefox and kubuntu don't really get along soundwise for me (there's probably a fix, i'm just too lazy to bother with it at the moment). your mileage may vary, of course. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Egg_miester

all i use is firefox and i have no problems

overturn code: 3266 3667 6901

ReZon

What Cipher and AlexSays said.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom - 0045-4226-761
http://flipnote.hatena.com/518C63F031CA4938@DSi/

SwerdMurd

I agree that it's got more issues now than it used to, but in 99% of circumstances, you won't be doing anything using firefox that causes it to have issues. It's way in first place, imo--Google Chrome and Safari just don't have the compatibility and IE..I don't even know if that's considered anymore. I have better luck with it in windows or linux than I do in OSX, but it's still my main browser in all OSes. Plus the plugin support is AMAZING! Noscript FTW!!!!

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Rinji

Firefox rocks! I would never switch to another browser! I really don't know why it's safer then IE(and maybe others). But I know it's way faster! I have never had any problems with it. Like crashing. But I have to say, I don't know if it's getting worse or better. (I am new ). Chrome.... DAMN YOU

Edited on by Rinji

Rinji

Machu

2 words... Firefox FTW!

It's crashed about 3 times for me, in the five years I've been using it. Add-ons, extensions, and the fact it's not IE, make it perfect for me.

Untitled

EDIT: Ya probably just need to keep your pc clean dude, you up on that?

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

RandomWiiPlayer

AlexSays wrote:

Don't know how my version is so different.

This.

And Google Chrome is terrible. Every other web browser I've tried sucks.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

Stuffgamer1

Firefox USED to crash on my more than seemed right...a few years ago. Now, I have no problems with it whatsoever.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Raylax

I use Chrome on Windows (for the sheer speed of it, mainly. I rarely need to bother with plug-ins or etc), and Firefox on Linux. Never had any issues with Firefox, other than it takes a while to load (although it's still epically speedy compared to Internet Explorer, which is made of suck)

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

retired_account

AlexSays wrote:

I haven't seen you around in a long time. WB AlexSays.

Also, what he said is the same for me. Never crashes.

retired_account

Mainstreamguy

Firefox works fine on my Ubuntu and Windows
I still prefer it over the other browsers (have all 5 big browsers installed though for web development)

Mainstreamguy

y2josh

Strofan7 wrote:

google chrome is by far the best in my experience. i never really had specific problems with firefox, but google chrome is awesome

i agree

y2josh

shingi_70

Does anyone use IE anymore?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

y2josh

I did until I downloaded Chrome

y2josh

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.