Forums

Topic: R.I.P. Firefox (2004-2009)

Posts 41 to 58 of 58

RandomWiiPlayer

Good wrote:

It just f***ing crashed on me 2 times in a row, I sh*t you not! My version is 3.5.5 and it's absolute garbage. You guys must be running XP or Windows 7 becasue I'm running Vista.

I'm using Firefox AND Vista right now, and I've never had any problems.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

grenworthshero

I've got Opera, and never had problems. I've never seen why Firefox is so amazing, but I've never had problems when I used that, either.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Metang

When I saw the thread title, I thought Firefox was down permanently!

Images speak louder than words.
YouTube: TheLegendaryPirate
Email: e.&...

RandomWiiPlayer

DAAAAAAAAMN. Firefox won't open anymore! I have to use Chrome now.

The Game.

motang

I still like Firefox, and 3.5 has been excellent for me.

NIN10DO

Twitter:

Old_School

BB+Thrilla wrote:

got its @$$ kicked by google chrome!!

Honestly, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer pulled ideas from FireFox for different areas of their browsers such as tabbed browsing and the search engine plugin at the top right. Back with FireFox was Netscape Navigator there was still tabbed browsing.

Don't see where you think that FF is going down hill. I think it is better and more stable. The fact it still does not use ActiveX controls makes it supreme. Add all the plugins like AdBlock Plus and Web Of Trust, it is top notch. I'm a network admin and all the techs and admins I know use FF.

Vegeta: Just...just...transform damn you...
Bulma: We are going to have a penthouse sweet...and he'll drive a corvet...and we will make love every single...
Zarbon: (transforms)
Bulma: KILL IT WITH FIRE!

minihutchi

google chrome is the elite browser so much faster and the downloads are set out alot better

max hutchinson, sunderland
water warfare- 0431 6389 3759

Thomas_Joseph

I loves me my Firefox so I don't even know if Google Chrome has the following essential features:

1. AdBlock
2. NoScript

Without those two plug-ins (or a decent facsimile of), any non-Firefox browser can shove it.

Currently playing: Gunstar Super Heroes (GBA), Infinite Space (NDS)

Friend Codes
Monster Lab: 4511-9376-9582; Water Warfare: 3781-7983-7040; TMNT Smash Up: 2064-0130-4425
[strong]Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: 2149-9558-3085 (Deuce); Conduit: 3782-0434...

pinta_vodki

Opera is the best, just try it. I've been using it since 2002 or 2003 and it just keeps getting better and better. Unlike Firefox, as I can see.

pinta_vodki

Vendetta

XP + IE = FTW IMHO YMMV

TTFN!
-V

Vendetta

RandomWiiPlayer

Vendetta wrote:

XP + IE = FTW IMHO YMMV

TTFN!
-V

I understood XP, V, and IE.

Edited on by RandomWiiPlayer

The Game.

Vendetta

Microsoft Windows XP, Professional Edition, Service Pack 3 + Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 = for the win, in my humble opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Tata for now!
-Vendetta

Vendetta

RandomWiiPlayer

Vendetta wrote:

Microsoft Windows XP, Professional Edition, Service Pack 3 + Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 = for the win, in my humble opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Tata for now!
-Vendetta

Ha, thank you. I'm obviously not to big on the, "text talk" or whatever its called. That's what I call it, anyway.

The Game.

Stuffgamer1

I only know Opera from the Wii and DSi. Not too impressed from those, but they aren't exactly full-fledged browsers like Opera for PC could be, I guess.

I understood everything Vendetta said except for "YMMV." Not bad, IMO.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Chunky_Droid

I haven't bothered downloading anything, I'm still using IE, and it seems fine to me.

Chunky_Droid

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0236-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Chunky_Droid | Twitter:

suburban_sensei

I actually use both Firefox and Google Chrome. There are a few sites I visit (one has to do with my school), and Chrome actually screws up big time, and won't load things correctly. But yeah, Firefox has it's flaws as well, hence the reason I keep FF around just in case Chrome acts up.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

Stuffgamer1

@chunky_droid: That's what those in the know like to call "ignorant bliss." If IE is all you know, you might not realize just how much is screwed up with it. Same thing happened with a friend of mine using Microsoft Word. Basically, it happens with just about everybody who's just used to Microsoft products.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.