Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 2,400

retired_account

I agree - in RPGs. In platformers they're a standard "feature", though, especially in Metroid.

retired_account

Percentful

Well, I got out of the fail pit again. I found that the stars didn't make much of a difference, other than killing frogs. Great job, pixel!

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

retired_account

Yep, I don't want the stars to render jumping on enemies useless. They need some more tweaking, but I can do that later.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Adam

I imagine throwing stars will be much handier in final level design where specific areas can be made where jumping will be more difficult, not to mention how useful they'd likely be with bosses, unless bosses are designed only to be hurt by jumping on them. Will throwing stars be an upgrade or starting item?

Also, did you make the bounce higher for when you bounce off an enemy? It seems better now, which makes the frog and spike stretch much more enjoyable.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Percentful

Yeah, I noticed that when I bounced off the first frog, I bounced right into the spike pit, when normally I don't fly far enough.

Just let it happen.

retired_account

@Adam: I think I must have, though I don't remember, haha. Stars will be your first or second upgrade, and yep, I figured they'd be most useful in boss fights. Also I'm thinking I'll have some spiky/shelled enemies too (great horny toads, anyone?), which will be invulnerable to jumps. I'd like to have some enemies that snipe at you too, and can only be killed by your stars.

retired_account

zezhyrule

pixelman wrote:

I agree - in RPGs. In platformers they're a standard "feature", though, especially in Metroid.

...I guess I'm just used to Mario games, which is pretty much the only platformer series I play besides Kirby.

Haha, stars...

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Percentful

Dragoon wrote:

I was in a weird mood when I did this one
Untitled

Really? I never would have guessed.
That kirby is hilarious! I love it!

Edited on by Percentful

Just let it happen.

Odnetnin

Now that I realized that you collect all the abilities and heart containers in hopes of getting out of the FAiL! room (which I finally did), this game has reached new levels of amazingness. I love how the ninja can just jump at the beginning and the game is really hard, but something as simple as a double jump changes everything (well, I should say a double jump is simple in other games, not this one; you've nailed the gameplay pix). A million times better than Rusty Bit.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

StarBoy91

Nice pixel art, ryan.

I like the inclusion of the ninja throwing stars, pixelsbuddy. And I like how the various jump power ups look like scrolls. I also like how after you jump on some enemies, items will be left behind. Nice, pixelsbuddy.

@lockd - did you make Piplup for your avatar? If so, that's cool.

To each their own

retired_account

@Odnetnin: Thanks! That's what I'm going for

@StarBoy: Thanks! :3

@Everyone: Just uploaded some fairly major changes. I've added chests, bombs, destructible walls, and in-game messages, and changed up the map just a tad. :3

retired_account

Percentful

Man, pixel. Your game is looking really good!

Just let it happen.

LordJumpMad

Cool looking game.

I use too work on stuff like that, but I ran out of ideas lol.
Now I mosty make Cartoons

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

StarBoy91

I like the background, pixelsbuddy. And I like the Metroid feel of the game ('cause whenever you got a scroll or item in a chest there would be a black box with what item you got).

To each their own

retired_account

Thanks guys. I'm working on the final weapon, the boomerang, right now. So far I know it'll stun enemies and grab items. I guess I'll need to add some sort of switches/keys that can only be hit/acquired with the boomerang. Any other ideas?

retired_account

turtlelink

StarBoy91 wrote:

I like the background, pixelsbuddy. And I like the Metroid feel of the game ('cause whenever you got a scroll or item in a chest there would be a black box with what item you got).

Lol i said the same thing to him at chat!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

turtlelink

pixelman wrote:

Thanks guys. I'm working on the final weapon, the boomerang, right now. So far I know it'll stun enemies and grab items. I guess I'll need to add some sort of switches/keys that can only be hit/acquired with the boomerang. Any other ideas?

Maybe a samurai sword! You can make it week but slashes really fast (to get that bird) or you can make it like cave story where you throw it!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.