Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 2,408

StarBoy91

Double Jumps FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!
I also saw those trademark game ending messages of yours, pixelsbuddy.

To each their own

StarBoy91

Yes. "You Win" and "Fail!"

To each their own

Percentful

The ultimate test of precision and timing: Do this in pixel's game!
Untitled
Untitled
I could only do them if I looked away, and tapped the arrow key a bunch of times. I love how every pixel has to be lined up perfectly.

Edited on by Percentful

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

retired_account

LOL, yeah, your hit rect will be much smaller when I add the new art.

retired_account

Percentful

Fooey. I liked spending 10 minutes to get those two pictures and brag.

Just let it happen.

retired_account

Surprise! I added the ninja sprite in today.

http://files.pynguins.com/flash/Demo.html

All of the ninja's acrobatic abilities are finished and acquirable. I still have items to add (hearts, potions, ninja stars and bombs), as well as checkpoints. After that I'll work on making the enemies look good, then I'll put in the final tileset plus multiple areas. Soon after that the code should be near completion!

retired_account

Percentful

What does "sj" do?
Also, did you make the ninja floatier? Now, you can actually get out of the fail pit...

Just let it happen.

zezhyrule

Wall-Jumping FTW!! Great game so far pixelman!

@110%: Is getting inside of the "U" and "Y" meant to be hard? I did it on my first try...

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

retired_account

@110: SJ = Skid Jump. Jump while skidding to jump higher. I haven't changed the physics at all, but yeah, you can get out of the fail pit with the new powerups.

Thanks zez!

Edit @zez: It used to be insanely difficult. I shrunk the hit rect when I added the ninja sprite, though, so it's really easy now.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Percentful

zezhyrule wrote:

@110%: Is getting inside of the "U" and "Y" meant to be hard? I did it on my first try...

Well, I thought it was insanely hard with the square, since every pixel had to be perfect. Maybe I'm just bad at the game, though...

Just let it happen.

Adam

Wall jump, skid jump, and double jump -- did I get everything? I couldn't quite get out of the pit with those three, but I didn't try long. Maybe I'm not doing skid jump right. It doesn't seem to give much extra height, if any, but it's hard to tell.

Nice to see so much progress so fast. After items, checkpoints, and art, what else is there? Boss(es)? The editor?

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

turtlelink

weirdadam wrote:

Wall jump, skid jump, and double jump -- did I get everything? I couldn't quite get out of the pit with those three, but I didn't try long. Maybe I'm not doing skid jump right. It doesn't seem to give much extra height, if any, but it's hard to tell.

Nice to see so much progress so fast. After items, checkpoints, and art, what else is there? Boss(es)? The editor?

I got them too!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

zezhyrule

pixelman wrote:

Edit @zez: It used to be insanely difficult. I shrunk the hit rect when I added the ninja sprite, though, so it's really easy now.

Oh, okay. Thanks for the info.

(and I felt good about my self for 10min...)

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Percentful

pixelman wrote:

@110: SJ = Skid Jump. Jump while skidding to jump higher. I haven't changed the physics at all, but yeah, you can get out of the fail pit with the new powerups.

Thanks zez!

Yeah, I was wondering why the edit was originally aimied at me.

Just let it happen.

retired_account

weirdadam wrote:

Yes you did get everything. I just made a few tweaks. Skid jump has its own animation and makes you jump higher than before. I also tweaked the overall physics to feel a bit heavier.

After I finish the stuff you mentioned, I have to add the other areas (cave and snow), traps (falling stalactites/apples, fire-breathing tiki heads, etc.), moving platforms (possibly), add an item menu, progress saving, and then the bosses. I don't think I'll have an editor for this game; just use Gimp/Paint as planned.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

StarBoy91

Good game, pixels.

To each their own

Percentful

I know that you added in 2 heart container things (I got both), but did you change something else? I can get out of the fail pit again...

Just let it happen.

retired_account

Did you get the skid jump? You have to skid jump, wall jump, and then double jump to get out of it.

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.