Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 2,381 to 2,400 of 2,408

KarrotMan

Well, I think its time for an old topic to return from oblivion. I had an hour of nothing to do, so I devoted it for making these minimalistic sprites:
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

steamhare

I hope this isn't too big to count as pixel art. I also hope this isn't the first post I've made in the forums... But since this topic popped up on the nl front page on the same day I made this, I really feel I should link it.
Untitled

steamhare

Rensch

That surely is Pixel Art. Great work Karakato and Steamhare.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

KarrotMan

Yeah, I had the whole day off to make another one. It's a little happy bean character animated.
Untitled Untitled
@steamhare thats some great spriteworke you got there, a little more detailing and you could pass it up for a Blazblue sprite.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

steamhare

I think I'd need to double or triple the frames... and add shading... and expand my color palette exponentially. Fighting game sprites are scary detailed.

steamhare

Tare

What are you guys using for your pixel art out of curiosity?

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

KarrotMan

@steamhare - when I said detailing, I meant THAT.
@Tare - use Gimp my friend, Works a bit like photo shop and it may complicate some who are used to MS paint. On the upside, it isn't difficult to master and you can animate your works. Heres the Link if you're interested: http://www.gimp.org/

@pix - I know you'll be reading this but I have a request. Would it be okay if you posted some of your Kid Tripp spritework for us to see? This thread could use a little more sprites.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

Tare

@Karakato
Actually I have gimp, was not aware you could animate with it, I'll have to look some tutorials.

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

retired_account

OH MY GOSH. This thread is turning 3 years old the same day The Last Story releases in NA. I think that calls for something special...

@Kara Sometime soon, yeah. I'm sick right now, so I'm chillaxing away from the computer. Also the bean dude is adorable. :3

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

StarBoy91

Those are pretty awesome, Karakato and steamhare

To each their own

KarrotMan

Got another free day today, so I took the liberty of doing a sprite sheet of who else, Mario. A year ago, there was an interview surrounding the initial creation of Super Mario Bros. You all have heard that Miyamoto and the gang were originally opting for Mario to use a gun and jet pack to advance through levels, but that was not the case for the final version. Here is my take on that proposal:
Untitled

What am I planning to do with this? Nothing.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page

RetroSpecs

Here's something I made almost a year ago. That was a lot of fun:
Untitled

Have an NES you want to fix yourself?
Read up on how right here!

RetroSpecs

I create avatars for the heck of it. I made these 54 avatars for Deviant Art, but I realized that they work well here (As you can see, I'm using one now). All 54 of them are animated, too. So, I figured I'd let everyone else use them, too. Have a look:

Untitled Untitled Untitled
Untitled Untitled Untitled

Just click on the links below to go to the page for that set, then click the "Download File" link in the top right. That will give you a ZIP containing all nine avatars in GIF format.

Super Mario Bros. - Super Mario Bros. 2 - Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Bros. 3 Map - Super Mario World - Random Nintendo

Hope you guys like these! Use them however you like! I've only done Mario games so far, but I might do a series on other NES and SNES games. Maybe Kirby? Castlevania? What do you guys think?

Have an NES you want to fix yourself?
Read up on how right here!

kyuubikid213

Just look at my avatar. I found the Pokemon Diamond trainer sprite and made him black. Not the most INCREDIBLE pixel art, but I take pride in it.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

howardmoon

This is the last one i did it was 16 base plates and 32,000 pixels i really like this one
Untitled
Untitled

howardmoon

Geonjaha

I forgot this thread existed.
Well I'm reviving it since I recently got back into making pixel art.
Decided to try out the GB palette on a piece. :3

Untitled

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Geonjaha

Ark_Sin wrote:

WHAT DO YOU GUYS USE TO DO THIS?!

I use Paint.NET myself, but GraphicsGale is another good option.

There's also a great tutorial for new pixel artists here (not made by me) that should help anyone needing a kickstart.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.