Forums

Topic: Pixel Art

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 2,408

StarBoy91

Nice pixel art, ryan.

I like the inclusion of the ninja throwing stars, pixelsbuddy. And I like how the various jump power ups look like scrolls. I also like how after you jump on some enemies, items will be left behind. Nice, pixelsbuddy.

@lockd - did you make Piplup for your avatar? If so, that's cool.

To each their own

retired_account

@Odnetnin: Thanks! That's what I'm going for

@StarBoy: Thanks! :3

@Everyone: Just uploaded some fairly major changes. I've added chests, bombs, destructible walls, and in-game messages, and changed up the map just a tad. :3

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Percentful

Man, pixel. Your game is looking really good!

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

LordJumpMad

Cool looking game.

I use too work on stuff like that, but I ran out of ideas lol.
Now I mosty make Cartoons

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

StarBoy91

I like the background, pixelsbuddy. And I like the Metroid feel of the game ('cause whenever you got a scroll or item in a chest there would be a black box with what item you got).

To each their own

retired_account

Thanks guys. I'm working on the final weapon, the boomerang, right now. So far I know it'll stun enemies and grab items. I guess I'll need to add some sort of switches/keys that can only be hit/acquired with the boomerang. Any other ideas?

retired_account

turtlelink

StarBoy91 wrote:

I like the background, pixelsbuddy. And I like the Metroid feel of the game ('cause whenever you got a scroll or item in a chest there would be a black box with what item you got).

Lol i said the same thing to him at chat!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

turtlelink

pixelman wrote:

Thanks guys. I'm working on the final weapon, the boomerang, right now. So far I know it'll stun enemies and grab items. I guess I'll need to add some sort of switches/keys that can only be hit/acquired with the boomerang. Any other ideas?

Maybe a samurai sword! You can make it week but slashes really fast (to get that bird) or you can make it like cave story where you throw it!

TurtleLink's backloggery

retired_account

Haha, no, I meant ideas for the boomerang. :3

retired_account

turtlelink

pixelman wrote:

Haha, no, I meant ideas for the boomerang. :3

When you throw it it comex back in a straight line from where you threw it, and when it comes back, you can jump on top of it and ride it till you hit a wall. Thats if the boomerang isn't really small.

TurtleLink's backloggery

retired_account

Hmmm, that's an interesting idea. Unfortunately, that'd make grabbing items problematic, because they could get away from you. You don't want that happening with a Boss Key!

...though... I could just make it so if it grabs something it'll come back to you, but if it doesn't grab something it'll fly back in a straight line. Hmm...

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

pikku

the ninja is possibly the cutest thing ive seen all day

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

retired_account

@Od: Reload your game. I just added a chest for it near the wall-jump.

retired_account

Rensch

That game kicks ass, pixelman. Metroid with ninjas, how cool is that!

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Percentful

I beat your game again, Pixel, and I love it!

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

zezhyrule

Nice background! (and it's so much easier to get to the wall jump now...)

...a heart container doesn't fill up your life?

Everything I knew about life is now false! D:

Edit: Yay, I just beat it!

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Adam

Very nice, Pix. Is the fail pit inescapable again?

Also, if I might make a suggestion, I think the weapons would seem more natural (for whatever reason) if set like so:

Stars: Up+C
Boomerang: C
Bombs: Down+C

I don't know why it seems like bombs should be on down, but it constantly confuses me. Also, since boomerang is infinite use, I think it should be the vanilla C. You wouldn't want to accidentally waste ammo by a finger slipping to C instead of X, and you'll most likely use boomerang the most since you can't run out of it.

I think the boomerang is already super useful as it is. Freezing enemies is really powerful. It certainly seems to be the most used secondary weapon in Zelda for that reason. I would personally keep it restricted to Zelda usage. So far I wouldn't see myself using stars often except for bosses or enemies with projectiles, and I'm not sure how often anyone would use bombs for anything other than blowing up walls. Boomerang will likely get a lot of use as is.

Great stuff as always. I guess I need to check in more often because that is a ton of awesome progress since last time I played.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.