Posts 141 to 160 of 165

SkywardLink98

CanisWolfred wrote:

Pianomanfreak wrote:

Are you guys finish? Also overrated Super Mario Bros
underrated Donkey Kong Country.

And now back into the bush
Untitled

That is the best youtube video ever. Now if only it actually applied here...

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Pianomanfreak wrote:

Let's see overrated Chrono Trigger
underrated Magical Starsign

Your opinions are terrible and you should feel terrible

This is the closest I've gotten to being unironic with this.

Now to be fair, because Magical Starsign is considered meh and Chrono Trigger is considered to be one of the best games ever made, there could be some logic and thought behind this but the implication that Chrono Trigger could somehow not compare to Magical Starsign is clearly there, which...I don't know how anyone can defend this opinion?

Because no one cares about this game since the moment other JRPGs landed on the DS, I'd like to say that Magical Starsign is the most mediocre RPG I've ever played. It functions well-ish as an RPG but despite a lot of potential, there is very little to gain from it. Like you could've at least played Contact, because while it is comparably flawed, it's at least memorable!

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Oragami

I added Game & Wario and Nintendo Land to my underrated list

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Kevlar44

Ralizah wrote:

Kevlar44 wrote:

NintendoLand - How everyone doesn't think this game is amazing is beyond me.

Depends how social of a gamer you are. With a few other people the game can be a blast, but there isn't really enough single-player content to justify a purchase otherwise.

I disagree, there was lots for me to do as a single player. Captain Falcon, Zelda, Metroid, Takamura Ninja Castle, Donkey Kong, Ballon Trip, Yoshi, Pikmin were all playable as one player, only 3 games needed multiple players (Mario Chase, Luigi Mansion, Animal Crossing). Mastering the games in Nintendo Land is no small feat.

Kevlar44

Ralizah

kkslider5552000 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Pianomanfreak wrote:

Let's see overrated Chrono Trigger
underrated Magical Starsign

Your opinions are terrible and you should feel terrible

This is the closest I've gotten to being unironic with this.

Now to be fair, because Magical Starsign is considered meh and Chrono Trigger is considered to be one of the best games ever made, there could be some logic and thought behind this but the implication that Chrono Trigger could somehow not compare to Magical Starsign is clearly there, which...I don't know how anyone can defend this opinion?

Because no one cares about this game since the moment other JRPGs landed on the DS, I'd like to say that Magical Starsign is the most mediocre RPG I've ever played. It functions well-ish as an RPG but despite a lot of potential, there is very little to gain from it. Like you could've at least played Contact, because while it is comparably flawed, it's at least memorable!

All I gleaned from his post was that he didn't think Chrono Trigger was as great as everyone makes it out to be and that Magical Starsign was better than most people give it credit for. It doesn't seem like a comparison to me, or that he's saying that Magical Starsign is better than Chrono Trigger.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

I really dislike the terms overrated and underrated. It seems to suggest that people who like something are in some way being tricked into it or missing the point somehow. It's quite common nowadays, especially among the younger gaming population, to hear things like "you just like that cos you're a fanboy" or "you just dislike that cos you're a hater". Internet culture as a whole seems to have deliberately created a variety of semantic tricks you can use to just disregard other people's opinions. It pisses me off, it's just another casualty to common decency that we've suffered because of the automatic anonymity of the internet.
As I've said in other threads, for me it's Chrono Trigger as well. I'm a huge huge huge JRPG fan. Final Fantasy 6,7 and 9 are probably my top 3 games of all time (I don't care if that sounds a bit redundant). But I really just can't get into Chrono Trigger. And it's not for lack of trying.
But to then jump to calling it 'overrated' is really troublesome. If this huge number of people say they think it's the greatest RPG ever created, well then I need to damn well respect their opinions. It's not overrated, it's rated exactly as it should be. I just don't happen to agree.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Nintenjoe64

Underrated - GTAV
Overrated - The Letter
Just kidding

Overrated - Skyrim
Underrated - RE6

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

GuSolarFlare

overrated: Mario Galaxy 2(by a really small margin, like it deserved an 8.5 or maybe almost a 9 instead of perfect scores, sorry people but the first game was definitely the better one)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

SkywardLink98

@Dezzy Don't you think you are overreacting a bit? Overrated/Underrated just mean you think it gets too much credit. It's not an attack on someone's opinion, it's your own opinion.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.

Spoony_Tech

@Dezzy I also hate more so the underrated term but both really. It's when someone comes in and says yeah I think Skyward Sword is underrated and go on yo give their reasons. Said game is often not underrated at all and is most likely rated near the top of its current platform but since the person has heard of people complaining about it then they think it's all of a sudden underrated. It should be used in reverse as overrated. Underrated should be used for games 7 and below. Overrated 8 and above.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

@Dezzy I get what you mean, but since this won't stop anyway I'll just play along, after a while it gets fun because as long as it's not something absurd like saying Ocarina of Time is underrated there's no need to hold back. XD

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

SkywardLink98

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Dezzy I also hate more so the underrated term but both really. It's when someone comes in and says yeah I think Skyward Sword is underrated and go on yo give their reasons. Said game is often not underrated at all and is most likely rated near the top of its current platform but since the person has heard of people complaining about it then they think it's all of a sudden underrated. It should be used in reverse as overrated. Underrated should be used for games 7 and below. Overrated 8 and above.

What about games that got high reviews but people hated? Take Diablo 3 before the loot 2.0 patch. It scored 9.0s and above, but then people got a hold of it and hated it. Is that overrated or underrated?

GuSolarFlare

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

What about games that got high reviews but people hated? Take Diablo 3 before the loot 2.0 patch. It scored 9.0s and above, but then people got a hold of it and hated it. Is that overrated or underrated?

I think that counts as overrated, as it got high ratings but wasn't that much liked.
but I see where you're coming from with the underrated, ther players' ratings also count...... maybe you can say it's a mixed opinion some underrate it and some overrate in such a case there'd be the need for a new "label" or just put the case aside for being confusing.....

my Backloggery

Spoony_Tech

That's an unfortunate occurrence That a patch would ruin a game after it has been rated so it's up for interpretation if you ask me but I go only off of the original score even if there is a later update to make it Better or in other circumstances worse.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Banker-Style

Underated
Wolfenstein The New Order

Over rated
Skyward Sword.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

SkywardLink98

GuSolarFlare wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I think that counts as overrated, as it got high ratings but wasn't that much liked.
but I see where you're coming from with the underrated, ther players' ratings also count...... maybe you can say it's a mixed opinion some underrate it and some overrate in such a case there'd be the need for a new "label" or just put the case aside for being confusing.....

Well from what I've heard (I don't own D3, just an example) it was actually a really good game before Blizzard patched the heck out of it. Then the same critics admitted to strongly disliking the game, so it had a high metascore, but a fact of people generally hating it. (Then Blizzard fixed it again and people like it or don't care enough to try it again.)

Spoony_Tech

Well like I said if they say is underrated or overrated and give a good example of why then it's fine but to put something on a list as underrated that scored high is silly to me.

Let's take Sticker Star as an example, this could go either way as a lot of people liked it or hated it. I personally loved it but I can also understand how someone could hate it. Doesn't change the fact it actually rated well by reviewers but not as much by users.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

GuSolarFlare

SkywardLink98 wrote:

GuSolarFlare wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Well from what I've heard (I don't own D3, just an example) it was actually a really good game before Blizzard patched the heck out of it. Then the same critics admitted to strongly disliking the game, so it had a high metascore, but a fact of people generally hating it. (Then Blizzard fixed it again and people like it or don't care enough to try it again.)

then it's more of a temporal matter, before the patch it was just plain rated, not over nor under, after the bad patch the ratings couldn't be changed and it became overrated(against the critics' wills) and after they fixed it it probably became just plain "rated" again(or everyone just gave up and it kept overrated)

my Backloggery

SkywardLink98

@GuSolarFlare What I'm saying though, is what if someone liked it when it was bad? Would they call it underrated because everyone else hated it, or overrated because the metascore is so high.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.