Forums

Topic: Overrated and Underrated games

Posts 121 to 140 of 165

Entei

I think these games are Underrated.

Dragon quest IX.
Pokemon mystery dungeon explores of sky.

Entei

Nintendo_Ninja

WaveBoy wrote:

Overrated: Wind Waker
Underrated: Phantom HourGlass.

As much as I liked Phantom Hourglass, I think Wind Waker did everything it did, except better.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

GuSolarFlare

let's all praise Phantom Hourglass and its multiplayer mode!(hope I'm not the only one who liked that mode)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Oragami

GuSolarFlare wrote:

let's all praise Phantom Hourglass and its multiplayer mode!(hope I'm not the only one who liked that mode)

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

RR529

Yeah, the DS Zelda games aren't my favorites, but I still liked them quite a bit. I'd say they both have thier merits, making them more or less equal to me.

PH:

• Sailing was more intuitive than the train, and lent to the feeling of exploration.
  • Better, more unique bosses (including the better final boss).
  • More dungeons.
  • Linebeck was one of the more memorable travelling companions of the series.

ST:

• Perfected the stylus control scheme (the biggest fix was now double tapping to roll, instead of trying to hastily draw a loop).
  • It did the "Central Dungeon" idea better (not forcing you to replay previously beaten segments during each visit).
  • It was cool having Zelda as your travelling companion, and she was actually useful (Link needing the combat aid of a Zelda controlled Phantom to complete the tower sections, and thus the adventure).
  • It easily had the better references of the two (hinting that the old man Link lived with was one of Tetra's crewmembers, Zelda asking her ancestors, particularly Tetra, for help, and unlocking the Antiquity Shield, which is the shield PH Link used).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Nintendo_Ninja

My opinion of Wind Waker is drastically different compared to your average joe, because I played PH first, and I never played WW on the GC. I played WW HD.

Nintendo_Ninja

Pianomanfreak wrote:

Let's see overrated Chrono Trigger
underrated Magical Starsign

2 games I haven't played yet I am interested in.

Kevlar44

Underrated:

NintendoLand - How everyone doesn't think this game is amazing is beyond me.

Game & Wario - It's not perfect and it does get old but me and my wife have had a blast with it since getting it as my platinum reward. BTW despite these first two games i'm not usually into party games.

Witch and Hero - It makes a poor first impression but once you get into it you just can't stop.

Dark-void Zero - An eshop game i don't hear much about, it's awesome.

Edited on by Kevlar44

Kevlar44

Ketchupcat

Overrated: EarthBound. It's just so boring to me. I was so excited when it came to VC last year because I'd heard nothing but good things about it, but then I discovered it's not fun. The battles are literally just a static picture of the enemy. And you have to battle a lot and grind if you want any chance at surviving.

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

Ralizah

Kevlar44 wrote:

NintendoLand - How everyone doesn't think this game is amazing is beyond me.

Depends how social of a gamer you are. With a few other people the game can be a blast, but there isn't really enough single-player content to justify a purchase otherwise.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ketchupcat

Oh yeah, Mole Mania is definitely underrated. I don't get why it's never brought up, ever. Heck, Clu Clu Land gets more recognition!

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

Sir_Diabeetus

Underrated:

Mega Man 7 (Rockman 7) - I don't understand why people just dislike this game. If people hates this game because of graphics, then they're idiots. Disliking a game because of graphics is one of idiotic reasons to dislike the game. I know everybody has a different opinion, but judging a game by the graphics is still stupid. It's like judging a book or a DVD by it's cover. If someone only care about graphics, then there some of the games that had better graphics, and yet you can still have a mediocre or a crappy gameplay. Also, no one even mentions this game.

Mega Man 8 (Rockman 8) - Seriously, this is like my first Mega Man game I played in the PSX. Even though the Sega Saturn version was WAY BETTER than PSX version, I don't understand the hate of this game. Sure the voice acting is bad, but seriously, I still like this game, even when the voice acting is crap or meh (Except on a lot games with bad voice acting.)

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

Nintendo_Ninja

Musterd wrote:

Overrated: EarthBound. It's just so boring to me. I was so excited when it came to VC last year because I'd heard nothing but good things about it, but then I discovered it's not fun. The battles are literally just a static picture of the
enemy. And you have to battle a lot and
grind if you want any chance at surviving.

As Jontron once said, As a game, Earthbound is nothing special. There is nothing fun about repeatedly hitting A and
staring at the same static background. But as an experience, Earthbound is like nothing else out there.

kkslider5552000

Pianomanfreak wrote:

Your opinions are terrible and you should feel terrible

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SkywardLink98

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Pianomanfreak wrote:

Your opinions are terrible and you should feel terrible

I couldn't help but think of "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you"

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Sir_Diabeetus

Pianomanfreak wrote:

Are you guys finish? Also overrated Super Mario Bros
underrated Donkey Kong Country.

I don't remember Donkey Kong Country being underrated, All I can hear is people loving this game rather than hating this game. ._.

Edited on by Sir_Diabeetus

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.