Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 681 to 700 of 3,163

eaglesfly76

Inside...on PC. Great game everyone should play.

eaglesfly76

kkslider5552000

Yoshi's Wooly World is a perfectly fine Yoshi game that I'm convinced people liked more specifically because of how weak certain previous Yoshi games ended up being.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Tyranexx

More commonly known outside of Japan as Fire Emblem GBA, (and in its home country as Fire Emblem [Blazing Blade]), I beat this gem a few days ago. The story was phenomenal, and I liked how it was split into two parts: First Lyn's tale, then Eliwood's. The story was well-written and kept me interested, many of the maps were interesting and made for some crazy strategies, and a lot of the characters were interesting as well. I only lost one character to the permadeath (Heath), but I was getting tired of babysitting him anyway. He was...kinda flimsy.

I may tackle Hector's side of the story at some point, but I'm taking a break from the game for now.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

shaneoh

3DS: Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater 3D, LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins, Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate

PC: The Ultimate Doom

Switch: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Megadrive: Thunder Force IV

That brings my total number of games finished this year up to 40, my backlog is certainly taking a beating.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Anti-Matter

So many titles I had finished. Here there are:

3DS : Fantasy Life, Paper Mario Sticker Star, LEGO CITY Undercover: The Chase Begins, Cooking Mama 4, Cooking Mama 5, Super Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros 2, Style Savvy Fashion Forward.

NDS : Final Fantasy III, Super Princess Peach, Animal Boxing, Cooking Mama 2, Cooking Mama 3, Crafting Mama, My Sims Agents, My Sims Party.

Gamecube : Harvest Moon Magical Melody

Wii : Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility, Dance Dance Revolution II, Go Vacation, My Sims.

Wii U : LEGO CITY Undercover

Anti-Matter

Jhena

Dishonored 2 (pc): I enjoyed the first one more but still i think this ones better overall. Im sure i shouldnt have played with the help of youtube videos. Maybe that broke the immersion too much. Still pretty good game with great architecture. It must be a dream to design games like this. Best looking game ive played so far and after the 4rth update that came 1 or 2 weeks ago its running smooth. Best part of it is certainly the atmo. Of course ill play the add on that will come. Its nice to see that it will get a physical release.

I got an email that my joy con will arrive soon. So of course ill be playing arms next.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Ralizah

Pony Island. Unique little PC indie title where your soul is trapped inside an arcade machine. It's only two hours or so long, but that's the perfect length for this. The gameplay is fairly varied. You'll play: the eponymous "Pony Island," which is an side-scrolling arcade game; a puzzle minigame where you attempt to code the game to do what you want; and, in a more meta sense, you'll be manipulating the operating system of the arcade cabinet itself in order to escape. The game, like Metal Gear Solid 2, Undertale, and Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, goes outside the boundaries of what you would normally expect a game to do in order to freak you out, and it works really well.

I'll not say more, as this is a game that should be experienced as freshly as possible. I'm fairly impressed, though: as with Undertale, there's solid game design underneath its (VERY) primitive-looking exterior. It's fully worth the $4.99 asking price.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Jhena

Just beat Arms. Thanks to the 4players test (seriously thank you) i learned that arms is playable (like in really playable) with one joy con. I knew it was possible for some time. But a tester prefering one joy con controls is something different. Much better than the gyro controls. Thats why i could already start playing today.

I dont know why i believed the content would be enough. Its cheap grind content and barely any at all. I dont know what i expected. Im still not convinced by fighter games. It was tough to beat the game on the fourth difficulty setting and thats good. 3 more to go. Giving the player limitless (i think) chances to continue is great. Loosing is hard enough as it is. And time consuming.

I felt already a little bored after the first grand prix but its still fun. Its strange. Im kinda dissapointed but i also feel love for this game. Fighting feels good. To me its definitely not a great game but its solid fun and thats fine by me. It sure is the best fighting game i know though that doesnt mean much. Theres much potential in this game to be great one day. Maybe the updates will help.

At least it convinced me that playing with one joy con is not only PR. Ill try to beat the grand prix on every difficutly, with all caracters and get all the weapons. Should take some time.

Jhena

gcunit

@Jhena It's good to hear that the single joy con option is perfectly adequate. But I think the motion controls provide the most enjoyment, so do give them a shot if you haven't already.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Blister

Earlier this year:
GBA version of LoZ: A Link to the Past
Bayonetta on WiiU

Next on the list could be Majora's Mask 3D...

Blister

Jhena

@gcunit I did in the testfire. Yeah theyre certainly fun and should be tried at least once but i often didnt feel in control. Also after playing one hour i got muscle aches the next day. I fear for the pain if i play more than one hour like i usually do. Im just to lazy for giro controls^^

Even so thanks for the tip.

Jhena

Ralizah

Journey on the PS4. It was... alright. I don't really get why people raved about this like they did, but it's about a hundred times better than Abzu (which I realize now is a massive ripoff of this game). It had some nice symphonic music, and the art design was pretty incredible at times (climbing up that wintery mountain!), but overall it feels like a very disposable experience. I came, listened to some pretty music, found items that made my magic scarf longer (unfortunately, this was negated by the scarf-eating monsters that fly around certain parts of the game), walked up and down some gorgeous environments, and... that's it. It didn't really evoke any thoughts or emotions in me. In that respect, for me, it failed as a piece of art (because, let's be honest, this is NOT great as a game, and it lives or dies on how much of an artistic experience it provides for the player), but I'm not sorry I played it. I am glad I didn't pay money for it, though.

The seamless online multiplayer aspect of it is pretty neat, I'll admit. It was cool just stumbling across other people who were also playing the game, even if there's not much to do with them.

Edited on by Ralizah

kkslider5552000

Steamworld Heist is one of the best strategy games I've ever played. Easily. It's nice to play a game in the genre where traditional game skill is valued and if you fail a level, you didn't waste an hour of your life.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shaneoh

Metroid Prime: Federation Force.

Is it the best game ever made? No, but it is damn fun. I played through as a mix of single player and co-op and both presented a different experience. Co-op was slightly faster paced (depending on your teammates) and even felt a little competitive, as the player with the highest score would get first pick of the mods found. Whereas playing single player I was a lot more cautious, there would be noone to revive me if I got taken down, it was certainly a more tense experience. A quality game that deserved a better chance than it got. Hopefully we get to play as the FF in future Metroid games. It's a big universe, Samus isn't the only one in it.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Krull

@kkslider5552000 Yeah, I loved Steamworld Heist. Fantastic music, and challenging enough without brutalising someone who isn't a hardcore strategy gamer. Really looking forward to Steamworld Dig 2 on Switch, whenever that comes.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

JaxonH

Just beat Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia a few minutes ago. Such a great game, great story, great characters, great final battle... well done IS... well done.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JoeDiddley

ARMS on level 1 😄

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Ralizah

Just got the complete ending for Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir after 48 hours of playtime. Played the Vita version of the game.

Things I liked:

• The art style is gorgeous. Not really a surprise given its a Vanillaware game, but everything, from the character models to the animations to the backdrops, is just drop dead gorgeous, and it all really popped on the Vita's beautiful OLED screen.
  • The storybook presentation in general is charming. The game maintains the right tonal balance between fairytale and myth, making for a continuously enchanting adventure.
  • I love the complex level design in the various locations you visit. Locations feel less like a progression of areas strung together and more like intricate, interconnected webs (which applies to the way the story is presented as well, actually). Fairly generous fast travel spots keep the tedium of backtracking (which you do a lot as you progressively unlock more of an area) to a minimum.
  • The OST is pretty decent. I don't remember a piece of music in this game that I didn't like.
  • The game's performance is pretty good. I spied one or two instances of slowdown when the screen filled with coins, items, enemies, etc., but it was never anything too distracting. The game is smooth as butter when it really counts.
  • Great combat. This is probably the most fun I've ever had with hack 'n slash combat. A lot like Muramasa, but even better.
  • RPG aspects are basic but well-integrated.
  • The game genuinely seems like it had a lot of time and love poured into developing its complex plot and lore. Fantastic world-building, too.
  • Characters in this game have rich inner lives. Characters struggle with powerful emotions and become self-reflective as themes relating to love, meaning (and meaninglessness), self-worth, destiny, etc. are frankly explored through the course of the various character campaigns.

Things I didn't like:

• This is the one really big complaint I had about the game: it's unbelievably repetitive. Throughout the game's five character campaigns, you'll be revisiting the same eight areas, completing the same puzzles, fighting the same enemies, etc. over and over and over again. As fun and well-designed as everything is, nothing is going to make revisiting the same areas continuously anything other than a tedious slog. This feels like a very short game that uses the different character campaigns as an excuse to artificially bloat its play time far beyond what it would be otherwise.
  • The storytelling is non-linear thanks to the fact that we're following it from five different character perspectives. The game gives you a chart that allows you to see how the events play out chronologically, but oftentimes I feel like the game doesn't do enough to emphasize the interconnected-ness of the various narratives.
  • The ending... so, the normal ending is IMMENSELY unsatisfying. The complete ending is a bit better in that it provides more information about other surviving characters, but I still feel like there are unanswered questions in general, and the various story elements didn't come together as gracefully as I would have hoped. The story itself is pretty good, but the story-telling isn't always up to the task.

Overall, I'm really happy with the game. It's not a masterpiece, but it is still fun, unique, and beautiful enough to be worth tracking down.

Edited on by Ralizah

ianl579

Finally beat Spirit Tracks for the DS after 3 years. Didn't 100% it, but I got most of the collectibles and tracks restored. (Unfortunately, my copy is glitched and froze up after defeating the final boss...)

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

CanisWolfred

Uncharted 2 on the PS4 collection disk. Pretty fun. Better pacing, set pieces and gunplay, so it was definitely a good time. Story didn't really reel me in this time around, though. It still felt like a movie in the best possible way, but if it really was just a movie, it'd be pretty forgettable. Definitely one of those cases where gameplay wins out over story even when it tries to blend the two. I thought the twist was more interesting and creative than in the first Uncharted. Maybe that's because it wasn't directly ripping off an Indiana Jones movie this time around, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic