Forums

Topic: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars VII coming in 2015

Posts 1 to 20 of 204

Joeynator3000

...I stopped caring for Star Wars after III came out...its pretty much done with...those cartoons or whatever won't do it for me. >_>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

retired_account

Hopefully since Lucas won't be screwing around with 7 it won't have anything to do with Jar Jar surviving a nuclear blast that was first shot by Greedo.

retired_account

Wheels2050

Interesting... As a huge fan of Star Wars, I wonder how this will play out. However, retaining George Lucas as a creative consultant could turn out to be a bad move - the prequel trilogy really, really didn't incorporate what I love about Star Wars.

I wonder what they will do in terms of another set of movies. Will they go for a brand new story, or use one of the expanded universe novels (many of which are excellent) as a basis for a new trilogy?

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

WesCash

Oh no. Oh please no. I don't even. Stop it. Just stop. STOP OH GOD.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

19Robb92

Wow, didn't see that one coming.. I'm really interested to see how this turns out.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Hokori

Episode VII Jar Jar becomes a Jedi and goes down the same path Anikan did

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

theblackdragon

i used to wonder if it were humanly possible for Star Wars to get any worse. Now that the very real possibility of such is staring me directly in the face, i find myself pining for the old days when they used to always show the original trilogy on like TBS every Thanksgiving and the whole family would just sit down and watch Han shoot first, Luke fall without screaming, no fancy explosions and stupid extended celebration scenes at the end of RotJ, no worrying about whether it was in HD or widescreen or whatever else might be different about it this time around. wonder what 'disney original' kid they're grooming to jam into this next trilogy?
sigh...

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

SwitchVogel

What about the rest of the 3D remakes? Are those cancelled then?

Evisceratorloggery 4 out of 3 people are bad with fractions.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0075-2784-4710 | Nintendo Network ID: EvisceratorX

Wheels2050

theblackdragon wrote:

i used to wonder if it were humanly possible for Star Wars to get any worse. Now that the very real possibility of such is staring me directly in the face, i find myself pining for the old days when they used to always show the original trilogy on like TBS every Thanksgiving and the whole family would just sit down and watch Han shoot first, Luke fall without screaming, no fancy explosions and stupid extended celebration scenes at the end of RotJ, no worrying about whether it was in HD or widescreen or whatever else might be different about it this time around. wonder what 'disney original' kid they're grooming to jam into this next trilogy?
sigh...

I think my major problem with the multiple alterations to the movies is that Lucasfilm goes to great lengths to try and hide the existence of the original trilogy. If George Lucas (I'm sure there are other people involved too, but I'll pin it on him for the sake of convenience) wants to make revisions to his movies, go for it. Just please don't make it extremely difficult for me to obtain copies of the trilogy I grew up with. (I'm lucky that I grabbed the DVDs that were released a little while ago, containing the original home releases as a 'bonus').

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

TeeJay

Never been much of a Star Wars fan but now...

...this is just downright scary. And a little depressing.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Discostew

When I first saw a trailer for Star Wars Detours, I was thinking "Why?".....
....now it all makes sense.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

CanisWolfred

Probably for the best. Who knows, maybe the new Star Wars will be good now that Lucas is no longer at the helm? (For the record, he didn't direct the second and third movies, which are the best in the series, IMO. Sure, he was still heavily involved, but still)

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Eel

What's so surprising about this?

Disneyland and Disney in general has been featuring Star Wars stuff for years,

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Electricmastro

WWWWWWWWWWHAT?!

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

cheetahman91

Jon_Talbain wrote:

Probably for the best. Who knows, maybe the new Star Wars will be good now that Lucas is no longer at the helm? (For the record, he didn't direct the second and third movies, which are the best in the series, IMO. Sure, he was still heavily involved, but still)

That's what I'm hoping too.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

theblackdragon

@Morphtroid: They've been featuring it, yes, but they haven't owned it and had it under their direct control before. It's one thing to be forced to work with someone else and get their approval for everything you want to do (because Lucas was/is a control freak for srs), but now that it's theirs and theirs alone...

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Auracle

Wait. Does that mean Leia is going to become a Disney Princess? ...

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.