Forums

Topic: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars VII coming in 2015

Posts 21 to 40 of 204

Lunapplebloom

Holy Force, Batman!

Disney is just getting to large over the years. Now with not only Marvel under their control, but Lucas Film as well, this not going to be good for the entertainment industry.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

theblackdragon

The_Other_M wrote:

Wait. Does that mean Leia is going to become a Disney Princess? ...

... oh dear lord i hadn't thought about that at all. yikes.

that said, i've seen multiple people now suggesting that Joss Whedon be given the job of revamping Star Wars and pulling it into this century. I have to say that I love all things Buffy and Angel, I love love love Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, but Firefly/Serenity bored me to tears and if that's the kind of thing he'd wind up doing to Star Wars, he can keep it. No thanks. I also think the zippy one-liner style of dialogue would be very out of place in a Star Wars film.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

retired_account

theblackdragon wrote:

The_Other_M wrote:

Wait. Does that mean Leia is going to become a Disney Princess? ...

... oh dear lord i hadn't thought about that at all. yikes.

that said, i've seen multiple people now suggesting that Joss Whedon be given the job of revamping Star Wars and pulling it into this century. I have to say that I love all things Buffy and Angel, I love love love Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, but Firefly/Serenity bored me to tears and if that's the kind of thing he'd wind up doing to Star Wars, he can keep it. No thanks. I also think the zippy one-liner style of dialogue would be very out of place in a Star Wars film.

Your opinion is wrong!!!!!! Fix it!!!!! >:[

retired_account

CanisWolfred

theblackdragon wrote:

No thanks. I also think the zippy one-liner style of dialogue would be very out of place in a Star Wars film.

I may disagree with everything else you just said, but I will agree with this.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

citizenerased

This can't possibly be a bad thing. The dialogue alone ("I don't like sand." "Has love blinded you, Anakin?!") is guaranteed to be better. The more they pull it away from Lucas, the happier I'll be.

Here's hoping they base it around the Thrawn Trilogy. Get Timothy Zahn in there as creative advisor and you've got yourself a dream start.

Also, how can anyone dislike Firefly? Plus, Han has always had the zippy one liners. The old Star Wars films were filled with them. Whedon would be great, but I'm sure Disney is open to work with all sorts of directors. So glad it won't be Lucas.

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

CanisWolfred

tealovertoma wrote:

(Also, how can anyone dislike Firefly? Plus, Han has always had the zippy one liners. The old Star Wars films were filled with them)

I remember Han having them, but I've been watching Firefly recently. I love it, but it is full of one-liner jokes. More than I remember Star Wars having, and to be honest, I remember Han for what he did, not for what he said.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

citizenerased

Well, I remember Mal for both what he did, and what he said. Mal's basically Han's brother.

Void

How are they going to continue the franchise? I mean, it's been like 30 years since the 6th one, and if you were going to make a 7th one it would probably take place just after the 2nd Death Star was destroyed...

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

RR529

As long as I don't have to fight Darth Vader in the next Kingdom Hearts

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

fortius54

I will be the first to admit, I doubted Disney on Marvel. I was wrong. They have found out a way to make more money with that company since they've owned it than the previous owners did in the decades they had it. It amazes me they were able to keep this a secret, and for $4 billion, they will work hard to make sure that we are all pleased. Really, I did not see this coming.

fortius54

Nintendo Network ID: mitchell_rsvl

citizenerased

Void wrote:

How are they going to continue the franchise? I mean, it's been like 30 years since the 6th one, and if you were going to make a 7th one it would probably take place just after the 2nd Death Star was destroyed...

There's a whole awesome expanded universe they could base it on... or just take it in a new direction. They've basically been handed a blank sheet at the end of 6.

SubBronze

Well then, there's another three films of rubbish I'll have to sit though most likely

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

theblackdragon

@tealovertoma: we've been having an Angel marathon at the house lately (it's on Netflix instant if anyone's interested~)... it's just a different style of one-liner, the pace is quicker. i keep imagining Han and Leia interacting like Angel and Cordelia and it's making my brain hurt, it really is

As for Episode VII's content, Lucas did have some general ideas, but who knows whether they'd go with that or not (he was pretty adamant that there would be no sequel trilogy, after all...). I can see Disney just using the Heir to the Empire trilogy instead since it (a) picks up pretty quick from VI and (b) is already written and considered canon.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

GazPlant

I'm sure this is a smart business move, just look what it's done for Marvel, and as long as Clone Wars continues then I'm fine. But Episode 7 seems like a massive mis-step. Sure, Mr Average Cinema Fan will love more Star Wars, but Ep7 almost certainly has to step on existing Expanded Universe continuity seeing as the actors are too old, and that's a problem. Still, we'll see how it goes...

Twitter: @GazPlant

3DS Friend Code: 4553-9948-5652 | Nintendo Network ID: GazPlant | Twitter:

WesCash

"The film cannot be destroyed, Gimli, son of Gloin, by any craft that we here possess. Star Wars VII was made in the fires of Mount Doom...only there can it be unmade. It must be taken deep into Mordor, and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came. One of you must do this."

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

CanisWolfred

tealovertoma wrote:

Well, I remember Mal for both what he did, and what he said. Mal's basically Han's brother.

True, and I'd say the same for the rest of Firefly's cast. Those kind of characters worked in that show. But what I was getting at was that that kind of thing might not work for in a Star Wars movie, at least if too many characters are like that.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.