Forums

Topic: Club Nintendo Rewards. ^_^

Posts 3,481 to 3,500 of 5,198

iphys

The badges are garbage. People couldn't even sell the things for more than like $10, because so many people wanted to get rid of them and so few people actually wanted them. If only we'd had downloadable game options for gold that year, at least we could have got something better, instead of having Nintendo waste so much money to manufacture all those stupid button sets and pay so much shipping for the giant boxes they came in.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Captain_Toad

Oooh. 10 bucks . Where can i find em?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

ejamer

The badges (ie: buttons) get a ridiculous amount of internet hate... but I think they were a better Platinum reward than we got in either of the two subsequent years. Buttons came in a cool set of small boxes that display well and don't require wall space, or they could also be worn on your hat, clothes, and shoes. They are also charmingly old-school, showing off sprites from the first Mario game - although maybe that's part of the reason why they don't resonate with others as well as they did with me?

Cards were a fun idea... but for games you are better off with a normal deck and for a display piece they aren't that useful, so they sit in an awkward middle ground of uselessness. The posters looked nice enough but require a significant amount of geek-friendly wall space to display and were mostly a bunch of B-level Nintendo characters (Zelda games excepted). The soundtrack was an awesome idea but why use Majora's Mask (with a weak N64 soundtrack) instead of one of their more recent, beautifully orchestrated games?

Guess it all depends on personal preferences.

The one thing that was a huge improvement after 2011 is giving Platinum members a choice of prize. That's a nice touch!

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

iphys

I'd love a shirt, but I think they tend to avoid personal items as the platinum reward, as a lot of people have family accounts, and just imagine 3 kids fighting over who gets the shirt.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

WiiWareWave

I'm Gold Status already for this new year and only need 120 Coins to reach Platinum Status!

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

SuperMikey

SavoirFaire wrote:

Looks like I'll be platinum for 2014-2015 cycle with likely enough to make 2015-2016. Also looks like I spend too much money on 3DS/Wii U, VC games...

Wait... Do you mean you buy 3DS/Wii U games AND VC, or... You buy A LOT of VC games?

Links to my dating profiles:
http://www.gamerdater.com/index.php?page=gamerProfile&profile=811989
http://gamingpassions.com/dating/supamaikeru64/profile/

At any rate, have a good one! :D

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8352-3772 | Nintendo Network ID: WhiteBlaze

Blast

I'm hoping for a free Wii U game or a Amiibo figure or a Super Smash Bros. demo.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CaviarMeths

I hope it's something exclusive, not something I can just go to the store and buy.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Tasuki

Blast wrote:

I'm hoping for a free Wii U game or a Amiibo figure or a Super Smash Bros. demo.

I doubt it will be a free Wii U game. The have never given a free game out in the past and I dont see them starting now. Besides they already have the free game promo going on right now with Mario Kart 8.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Yoshi

Untitled

I should be used to this by now, but the wait kills me every year.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Tasuki

brewsky wrote:

Untitled

Yeah it did me too, but this year since I only got Gold status I am not to excited to find out I get a calender.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

This is the first year (since I've had an account) that I've missed out on elite status (only 150 coins this last year).

Oh well, there's always next year.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

Tasuki wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Untitled

Yeah it did me too, but this year since I only got Gold status I am not to excited to find out I get a calender.

Actually, I got the calendar last year, and while initially disappointed, once I actually got it I really liked it.

Now, it's going to be a desk calendar (not a wall calendar), but It's something that's useful all year round, and unlike the Platinum rewards tend to do, it's more than just Mario.

I eagerly await the next month to see what game is going to be honored next. For last year's calendar (which covers this year) January was Wii Party U, February was Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics, March was Pikmin 3, April was Wonderful 101, May was Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS, June was Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, and July is Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.