Forums

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 782

Punny

Link245 wrote:

How is Metroid Prime Pinball? I was looking for a nice little pinball game on the go, and the Metroid theme is a bonus.

It's weird in a cool way. It's very enjoyable and the Metroid Prime nostalgia is, indeed, a bonus. The pinball mechanics are good, too. You might have some trouble finding it nowadays...

I'm back (for the moment)!

Link245

PunnyGuy wrote:

Link245 wrote:

How is Metroid Prime Pinball? I was looking for a nice little pinball game on the go, and the Metroid theme is a bonus.

It's weird in a cool way. It's very enjoyable and the Metroid Prime nostalgia is, indeed, a bonus. The pinball mechanics are good, too. You might have some trouble finding it nowadays...

Gamestop website says it is only $8, so I might as well try to hunt it down.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

Cengoku

reborn wrote:

Hi! I'm looking into a SRPG. I've played through FFTA2 and it's one of the games I've played more. I'm thinking about getting "Luminous Arc 2". What do you think about it? Even if it's not as good as FFTA2 I like the artistic design and it seems interesting. What about its gameplay? (In order to anticipate to some comments, I'm not considering "Valkyrie Profile" as the SRPG I don't like it much ;D).
Thanks in advance!

may be there's Fire emblem for you

Metroid Pinball is greaat

Edited on by Cengoku

Cengoku

Link245

Chrono Trigger DS Vs. Wii VC: I have never played this game and would like to, however I cannot decide between DS and Wii VC version. While the VC version is much cheaper, the DS version is portable. What do you think?

Currently Playing:

Pokefanmum82

I'm thinking of getting Final Fantasy XII:Revenant Wings or Magic & Might: Clash of Heroes or even Children of Mana? Can someone tell me the level of difficulty playing these three games. I just wanted to get another game for my DSi when I pick up Kirby:Mass Attack but can't spend more than 50 bux that day. I was also wondering which of these games is more fun to play and easy to learn how to play?

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

OverlordMao

Link245 wrote:

Chrono Trigger DS Vs. Wii VC: I have never played this game and would like to, however I cannot decide between DS and Wii VC version. While the VC version is much cheaper, the DS version is portable. What do you think?

DS version. I never had the chance to play it either and now I can hardly put it down The portability and bonus dungeons make up for it as well. I HIGHLY recommend it, and that's coming from someone who has no nostalgia whatsoever and really enjoys Chrono Trigger on its own merits. It's a solid and deep experience in both gamplay AND story-telling
TL;DR, get it no matter what XD

Edited on by OverlordMao

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

kribsylicious

How is touch detective? I was thinking of buying it, but in amazon it is a bit to expensive, so I would probably buy it used. Anyone has tried it? The reviews are very mixed so I so I'm not sure if I should buy it. Any advice?

My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2578-3560-0869

Link245

I'm close to finishing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. What is the sequel called? Also, Edgeworth was one of my favorite characters, so Investigations interests me. Should I play the sequel or Investigations first?

Currently Playing:

Tasuki

@Link245: I am in the same boat you are man. I am just about to finish the first one too and I am looking foward to Edgeworth's game but everyone whos played the series has told me to go in the order they came out so I am going to pick up the second Phoenix Wright game next month. People have told me that the newer games in the series make references to the older games that you wont get if you play them out of order.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Link245

@Tasuki Do you know what the sequel is called? I know there are two so I don't know which one is the second one. Right now I'm in the middle of the 4th case, and will probally be finished within a week or so, as long as von Karma's objections don't annoy me to death.

Currently Playing:

Tasuki

@Link245: Ugh I hate Von Karma's objections I sooo wanted to smack that guy upside his head each time he did that. Lol.

The series goes in this order. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, PW:AA: Justice for All, PW: AA: Trials and Tribulations, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney.

Ace Attorney: Investigation: Miles Edgeworth starts another series but takes place between Trials and Tribulations and Apollo Justice.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Squiggle55

mumof2kids82 wrote:

I'm thinking of getting Final Fantasy XII:Revenant Wings or Magic & Might: Clash of Heroes or even Children of Mana? Can someone tell me the level of difficulty playing these three games. I just wanted to get another game for my DSi when I pick up Kirby:Mass Attack but can't spend more than 50 bux that day. I was also wondering which of these games is more fun to play and easy to learn how to play?

The only thing I seemed to like about Revenant Wings was the music and the cut scenes. I thought I was going to like it but it didn't do it for me for some reason. Might and Magic on the other hand is a really awesome strategy game in my opinion and one of my favorite things I downloaded on the PS3. I would choose that one.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Pokefanmum82

thanks....i'll get might & magic then

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Bubbab5

shud i get kirby mass Attack or star fox 643D i no sf643D is a 3DS game but still

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

xxx_Kirby_xxx

OK. Many people recommended Rhythm Heaven and TWEWY. So, do I get TWEWY, Solatorobo or the second Hotel Dusk game? Which is best?

Anime Lovers Unite!

xxx_Kirby_xxx

Recommendations:
-All the Ace Attorney series.
Even if it doesn't seem interesting, it's addictive and you won't regret it.
-Ghost Trick.
Great gameplay, soundtrack, characters and humor. What more do you want?
-Elite Beat Agents.
Yeah, it might not have the greatest songs, but the gameplay's good and the agents' moves are epic!
-Solatorobo.
It's easy and that may be off-putting, but it's gorgeous and fun, with NEKO MECHAS!
-Any Mario game.
It's Mario. 'Nuff said!
-Hotel Dusk series.
I only recommend this if you're a fan of point and click games with lots of interesting text and interrogation. The artwork's amazing, too.
-Warioware: Touched and D.I.Y
Touched has fun minigames that can appeal to anyone and toys and extras. It's also pretty funny. D.I.Y has microgames and you can make your own through an easy-to-understand system that's fun. You can also make four panel comics and music. I'm pretty sure you can also distribute your games through Wi-Fi. That's always fun.
-The World Ends With You.
Interesting battle system and gorgeous artwork. (Unfortunately I never got to play it. I just watched walkthroughs. Sigh).
-Soul Bubbles.
The main character is cute. It has relaxing music and casual gameplay. And bubbles containing souls. It's addictive puzzling!
-Fire Emblem.
If you like turn-based RPGs, this is a good game.
-Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.
Also a good game for fans of turn-based RPGs.
-Big Bang Mini.
It just deserves a place in the recommendations. Not only is it pretty, it's addictive. :3
-Any Pokemon game, including Mystery Dungeons and Rangers.
Because it's POKEMON!

Well, I hope this helped!

Anime Lovers Unite!

KyleDusk

I guess this is the one thread about "overlooked" games...

I would like to know if some of you already played this game and your thoughts about it ?

I was looking for a game that both uses the two screens of the DS in its gameplay and a Shinobi like game for my DS Lite

The Legend Of Kage 2

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by KyleDusk

KyleDusk

Wheels2050

Prompted by the Rune Factory 3 review - given that I own Rune Factory: Frontier on Wii and Harvest Moon: Sunshine Islands on DS, would people recommend I get RF3? Does it offer enough over those two to be worth the money?

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

LucinaSmash

Will I enjoy Golden Sun: Dark Dawn even if I haven't play any of the previous series? Don't worry I'm not afraid of RPG games.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

RudysaurusRex

What is the most replayable DS game there is that is not Nintendo?

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES

3DS Friend Code: 0061-3403-4305 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexTheGrayt | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic