Forums

Topic: DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 782

Lan

Pastry4prez wrote:

Minecraft.

Also, is that a poem?

minecraft is sadly not on DS. and sure, i guess it can be a poem.

minecraft really is an excellent game that covered like all the points i layed out though...but enough! DS game please.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

My sister gave up on the Kingdom Hearts series after KH2, but I want to get back into it. How are 358/2 Days and Recoded?

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Terave

The first one is boring, don't buy it.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

6ch6ris6

okay so i am playing advance wars dark conflikt right now. i really fell in love with that game and i almost finished the main campaign. i know there is a ton of bonus missions to do and skirmishes but i wonder what game i should purchase next.

there is advance wars dual strike which looks not so polished like dark conflikt. would i be disappointed by dual strike? does the game miss any important things that dark conflikt has?

another game i am interested in is fire emblem. it is made by the same developer, it looks exactly like the same gerne. does it play like advance wars? are there other fire emblem games other than shadow dragon? keep in mind i can only purchase EU-games.

what should i try next? dual strike or fire emblem?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Lan

You really can't go wrong with either. I liked Dual Strike more than Dark Conflict, but I started with Advance Wars 2. 1, 2, and DS are set in the same universe, and are more lighthearted. The soundtrack is also less metal. It is still a VERY great game.

Now on to Fire Emblem. I looooove Fire Emblem. I started out with Path of Radiance on GCN. To me and to many others, the console ones are better. I've played all of the english FEs and a translated FE Sword of Seals so I think I know FE pretty well. Shadow Dragon to me was the worst in the series so far. But by no means was it bad! I just feel it was lighter on story than the others.

In the end, I say get Shadow Dragon first. You need to experience Fire Emblem. It's an amazing franchise. Shadow Dragon, if I'm not mistaken, is also a remake of the first FE so you won't need to worry about any backstory.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

6ch6ris6

i loved the dark atmosphere in dark conflikt! cant imagine this game with "colours" xD

i will try fire emblem next i guess

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

MrArcade

If you're a mario player like me:
adventure - new super mario bros racing - mario kart
puzzle - any MvDK title rpg - bowser's inside story
sports - mario basketball classic remake - Mario 64 DS

MrArcade

MrArcade

sorry that last one wasn't very clear

MrArcade

Terave

Does anybody know some good DS games which are cheap? (Like €20)

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

yoyogamer

GuardianAcorn wrote:

friends, i need your help.

i need a game.
a great game.
a game that will keep my occupied for hours.
more specifically, a game that has something that i change.
something i can come back to.
something i can build up,
and something i can tear down.
kind of like animal crossing.
but not animal crossing.
something on a grander scale.
maybe a city building game.
maybe not.
i don't know exactly what i want.
i vaguely know what i want.
i'm being difficult and i won't tell myself what i want.

anyway, place your recommendations below please.
thank you.
thank you.
and especially thank YOU.
but not you.
i don't like you.

Dragon Quest Nine should keep you occupied for at least 500 hours, possibly even more if you want to complete the game 100%.

This is a signature.

Tasuki

Ok this might be a dumb question but I just want to check some opinions before I get the game.

How does Mario Kart DS compare to the other Mario Kart games? I am looking for portable version of MK and I am wondering does the game make alot of use of the stylus or is is just straight racing like MK Wii? Does it have a 2 player option as well?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

Ok this might be a dumb question but I just want to check some opinions before I get the game.

How does Mario Kart DS compare to the other Mario Kart games? I am looking for portable version of MK and I am wondering does the game make alot of use of the stylus or is is just straight racing like MK Wii? Does it have a 2 player option as well?

It's straight racing, and yes it has a two player option, including download play.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

bezerker99

Mickeymac wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

It's straight racing, and yes it has a two player option, including download play.

Also, when racing online - better learn how to "snake" if you want to win. (Just go to youtube and do a search on Mario kart DS snaking and you'll know what I'm talking about)

Edited on by bezerker99

reborn

Hi! I'm looking into a SRPG. I've played through FFTA2 and it's one of the games I've played more. I'm thinking about getting "Luminous Arc 2". What do you think about it? Even if it's not as good as FFTA2 I like the artistic design and it seems interesting. What about its gameplay? (In order to anticipate to some comments, I'm not considering "Valkyrie Profile" as the SRPG I don't like it much ;D).
Thanks in advance!

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

Birdman

@MiracleBlaze - To answer your question from your locked topic, hell yeah it's worth it. 999 is easily one of the greatest games to come out for the DS. Is it perfect? No, but it's still worth every cent.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

BenAV

Birdman13 wrote:

@MiracleBlaze - To answer your question from your locked topic, hell yeah it's worth it. 999 is easily one of the greatest games to come out for the DS. Is it perfect? No, but it's still worth every cent.

This.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Link245

How is Metroid Prime Pinball? I was looking for a nice little pinball game on the go, and the Metroid theme is a bonus.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic