Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 1,777

skywake

I don't know about elsewhere but here in Australia there are insane amounts of stock floating around. Some of the harder to get ones even from the newest wave are still hard to get but there are a lot of Amiibo. Just today out of the four or so shops I went to every single one had a good 10 or different Amiibo. With at least five or so of each.

Quite a turn around from a month or so ago when it was basically just small amounts of Mario and/or Pikachu.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

TuVictus

They should have said this months ago. I'm burned out on them already. So unless they're easily available just by walking into a store in the future, that statement means nothing to me

TuVictus

DefHalan

BinaryFragger wrote:

I initially gave Nintendo the benefit of the doubt because it seemed that they simply didn't expect the high demand, but these things have been on the market for nearly 6 months now.
Say "please understand" and "stay tuned" all you want, Nintendo. I've given up on amiibo.

If it was just 1 wave that had been on the market for 6 months I would totally agree, I think the biggest problem has been they have released multiple waves. They need to take a few months off of releasing new waves and just focus on restocking. There are far to many waves and figures out now and they need to focus on what is out and stop releasing new waves. Just focus on the older Smash waves and new games with special figures (like Splatoon and Yarn Yoshi)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

skywake

I'd put it this way, the change in the situation here in Australia is probably a sign of things to come. No doubt it's easier to "fix" the problem in Australia than it is in the US or any of the other bigger markets. But damn, my local Target went from having an Amiibo section that was literally just two Marios to one that's bigger and more prominent than the Disney infinity and Skylanders sections.

It was still kinda disappointing because it was Pacman who I wanted to grab and I couldn't find him. But it has been a good week or so (correct me if I'm wrong) since the newest wave launched so usually there'd be nothing at this point. But there was Wario and Charizard there. Not only that but the vast majority of the Super Mario Wave and a fair chunk of others. Kirby, Pikachu, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Link, Mario and so on. I've seen photos from other Australians showing shelves full of Marth, Meta Knight among others. No Wii Fit Trainer, no Villager but still....

They're turning the ship around that's for sure.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

shaneoh

skywake wrote:

I don't know about elsewhere but here in Australia there are insane amounts of stock floating around. Some of the harder to get ones even from the newest wave are still hard to get but there are a lot of Amiibo. Just today out of the four or so shops I went to every single one had a good 10 or different Amiibo. With at least five or so of each.

Quite a turn around from a month or so ago when it was basically just small amounts of Mario and/or Pikachu.

Yep, even in the forgotten state there are a few amiibo floating around. Aside from Mario & Pikachu, I'm seeing Link, Zelda, DK, Kirby, and there are still a couple of Charizards about, possibly a Wario or two. The less common ones are still turning up, saw 3 Meta Knights and King Dededes a month ago, even a Rosalina and a Lucario passed my field of view

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

whodatninja

Better be a Shulk restock coming... Get it together Nintendo! Freaking Ebay is outselling you!!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Haiassai

I know it's too hard to determine with restocks coming out of nowhere...
...but how much would you pay for certain amiibo online? Like Villager, Marth, WFT, King Dedede... am I being a picky one by thinking $32 is too much?

Haiassai

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9678-4406 | Nintendo Network ID: Haiassai | Twitter:

DefHalan

I don't want to go higher than $20 for an amiibo.

TuVictus

Anything higher than $25 is too much in my book. Perhaps my tune would change if I had a steady income, though

TuVictus

Haiassai

Operative wrote:

Anything higher than $25 is too much in my book. Perhaps my tune would change if I had a steady income, though

My situation, as well...

Haiassai

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9678-4406 | Nintendo Network ID: Haiassai | Twitter:

shaneoh

shaneoh wrote:

skywake wrote:

Yep, even in the forgotten state there are a few amiibo floating around. Aside from Mario & Pikachu, I'm seeing Link, Zelda, DK, Kirby, and there are still a couple of Charizards about, possibly a Wario or two. The less common ones are still turning up, saw 3 Meta Knights and King Dededes a month ago, even a Rosalina and a Lucario passed my field of view

Okay I'm not seeing any Charizards or Warios anymore. However today, on top of the ones I mentioned before Charizard, at my local JB HiFi, I've seen MULTIPLES (as in 7+) of:
Marth (had japanese packaging so I thought I'd grab one)
Ike
Sonic
and also a handful (3+) of Meta Knights

Bear in mind, these are all the ones visible on shelves, there were a heap packed away underneath.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo's announced release dates for the remaining two known waves for EU:
26th June: Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Palutena, Dark Pit
17th July: Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario, Olimar

I'd assume preorders for the July ones will start soon!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

veeflames

I think Nintendo has to do something Skylanders-ish with amiibo. My brother and I were talking with this the other day, and we suggested a Subspace Emissary 2 would be perfect. I would like it to be free, but it would constantly be updated for compatibility with new amiibo, so I think Nintendo would charge a couple of $. And yes, ALL amiibo would be compatible, although different amiibo series of the same character would still be that same character.
Subspace Emissary 2: In this game, Aurum-like enemies have invaded a specific world, and the powers needed to drive away this new enemy are stored away in figures that have to be activated with amiibo. All MAJOR charaters will be compatible, while some amiibo of the less popular characters may serve as DLC and costumes. I haven't decided on the camera perspective, though.
Also note: Subspace Emissary 2 is just a working name. I know the stigma associated to the name, so I think the name would be changed later on.
What do you think?

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

DefHalan

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

I think Nintendo has to do something Skylanders-ish with amiibo. My brother and I were talking with this the other day, and we suggested a Subspace Emissary 2 would be perfect. I would like it to be free, but it would constantly be updated for compatibility with new amiibo, so I think Nintendo would charge a couple of $. And yes, ALL amiibo would be compatible, although different amiibo series of the same character would still be that same character.
Subspace Emissary 2: In this game, Aurum-like enemies have invaded a specific world, and the powers needed to drive away this new enemy are stored away in figures that have to be activated with amiibo. All MAJOR charaters will be compatible, while some amiibo of the less popular characters may serve as DLC and costumes. I haven't decided on the camera perspective, though.
Also note: Subspace Emissary 2 is just a working name. I know the stigma associated to the name, so I think the name would be changed later on.
What do you think?

Not bad. I know I would buy it. I had the idea of Nintendo paying Disney Infinity to get Amiibo to work in that. It would provide more useage for Amiibo, create a partnership with western developers, be cheaper than developing their own game, and create Wii U exclusive content for DI that would help marketing... Most people shot down my idea for some reason.

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/amiibo/disney_infinity_3_w...

Edited on by DefHalan

retropunky

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

What do you think?

This. I liked the Subspace Emissary. It was awesome bringing all the characters together and seeing them react to one another was neat. I would love to see something like that happen, with it being revamped of course.
They should probably stick to the idea that a new threat has invaded their "Nintendo Universe" and they must come together to save it. Bowser and the rest of the baddies would join this new threat, but then later in the game they realize that they must join the good side to save even themselves. Something like that.
We could play as the amiibo we own, and kind of like Smash Bros, we can customize their moves, look, stats, etc.

Edited on by retropunky

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

LzWinky

BurningSonic wrote:

Has the Marth amiibo restock happened?

Yes. As a matter of fact, a friend of mine got me one!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

I just got a Marth

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic