Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,777

skywake

Apparently around 70% of Amiibos shipped across Europe, Japan and NA sell. Not overall but individually, if you live in any of those regions then 7 out of 10 Amiibos that go on shelves will sell. Which means basically everywhere.... except Australia where it's 90%....

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

TuVictus

And here I was thinking Nintendo might actually have a decent Club Nintendo reward. Oh well, I half expected it'd be a store exclusive. But why make Silver? I mean, having one labeled silver and the other gold just makes it seem like a "1st place 2nd place" thing, most people will go for the gold, literally.

TuVictus

TuVictus

Yeah me either. I mean the gold would look nice, but I'm not gonna stress about getting one since it has the same effect as the other Marios

TuVictus

TeeJay

If Gold Mario is just regular Mario slapped with gold paint I'm not going to kill myself to get it. I'll at least make an attempt so I could have a bargaining chip to trade for something I actually want on Craigslist, but if I don't get one I won't lose any sleep over it.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

IceClimbers

Just wait until they release a Pokemon series amiibo. 721 amiibo. Oh and then limited edition Shiny Pokemon amiibo that are store exclusive. I'm scared just thinking about it.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

BurningSonic

IceClimbers wrote:

Just wait until they release a Pokemon series amiibo. 721 amiibo. Oh and then limited edition Shiny Pokemon amiibo that are store exclusive. I'm scared just thinking about it.

I want the Shiny Mew amiibo. (They'll probablly only make 1 in the world.)

Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489
Fire Emblem Fates Castle 16401-82620-88445-74773
My Mario Maker Levels
The Burnloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489

skywake

IceClimbers wrote:

Obviously what the Amiibo cards would be best for.....

Inkling

Untitled
Here come the scalpers....

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Jese_1

Hey guys. So I know that quite a few people are having trouble getting certain Amiibo and that scalpers are ruining it for a lot of people, so I thought this might help (if you have time to wait for them).

I live in South Africa and here we don't seem to have the same problem with limited stock and availability. We have an online retailer (http://www.kalahari.com/) that stocks all of the Amiibo and will deliver internationally. The exchange rate is also very favourable (particularly the UK) so it shouldn't cost any more to buy them here than overseas.

Hope some people find this useful!

Jese_1

Nintendo Network ID: jesewashere

Inkling

Jese_1 wrote:

Hey guys. So I know that quite a few people are having trouble getting certain Amiibo and that scalpers are ruining it for a lot of people, so I thought this might help (if you have time to wait for them).

I live in South Africa and here we don't seem to have the same problem with limited stock and availability. We have an online retailer (http://www.kalahari.com/) that stocks all of the Amiibo and will deliver internationally. The exchange rate is also very favourable (particularly the UK) so it shouldn't cost any more to buy them here than overseas.

Huh. I'll try that. Thanks

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

turtlelink

I found a Target that is somewhat local that holds Marth amiibo.. I wonder if its worth the 30 minute drive.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

ultraraichu

Jese_1 wrote:

Thanks for the site.
The rate and shipping cost killed my optimism (+$32 for one amiibo) but still better than eBay. I guess I'll still wait and see when ToysRus restock Lucario. Still not will to buy that much for an amiibo.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

TuVictus

It is a nice site, and easy to navigate as opposed to other international sites that aren't in english. It'd be cheaper to get a Wii Fit Trainer and Villager there than it would be to get off Ebay, so it can be a good deal if you're really looking for those amiibo

TuVictus

skywake

Some news from Nintendo Australia regarding Amiibo: http://www.nintendo.com.au/index.php?action=news&nid=3598...

Launched in November last year, amiibo interactive figures have provided fresh gameplay experiences across multiple titles such as Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors. Fans can buy and collect amiibo to bring them closer to the games and characters they love, but with 29 amiibo in the Super Smash Bros. Collection already released, many amiibo have become hard to find in stores.

In the coming months, limited quantities of some amiibo figures will be replenished in stores, with some figures sourced from other regions that will feature non-AU/NZ packaging.

.... and there's already a photo floating around of an Australian store shelf full of Japanesse Amiibo. Which is a damn good thing. Firstly because of the fact that apparently they sold through 90% of the Amiibo shippment here vs 70% in other regions. But even moreso when you compare the list of best selling Amiibo in Australia vs the best selling ones in Japan. Very, very little overlap between what sold well here and what sold well in Japan.

Knux

Jese_1 wrote:

Thanks! When I save up the money and if I can't get amiibos the ''normal'' way, then I could use this as a last resort. It's certainly better than giving the scalpers any money!

Knux

NintendoFan64

Jese_1 wrote:

THANK YOU.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

abbyking92

I see these amiibo things at the game shop but I've never bothered with them. What are they exactly and what do they do? Is here any point to starting to collect them now seeing as this is, what, the third series? Aren't they all commons now?

abbyking92

Twitter:

IceClimbers

abbyking92 wrote:

I see these amiibo things at the game shop but I've never bothered with them. What are they exactly and what do they do? Is here any point to starting to collect them now seeing as this is, what, the third series? Aren't they all commons now?

Amiibo are almost like Nintendo's version of Skylanders or Disney Infinity, except that they work across multiple games and do different things in them (for example, in Smash they act as an AI fighter that you can train and level up, and they even learn how you play and will adapt accordingly). They're completely optional, unlike Skylanders and Disney Infinity. As far as collecting them goes, certain characters are near impossible to find because Nintendo screwed up with stocking them. Scalpers have bought them in bulk and will sell them for insanely high prices on eBay.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

abbyking92

Thanks @iceclimbers I didn't know they added functionality to the games I play. And they'll look good on a shelf on display too!

I just can't decide if I want to take them out of their packaging if they're supposed to be collectors items.

abbyking92

Twitter:

Captain05crunch

@abbyking92 If you don't take them out of the package then you can't use them! Plus, I think they look nicer without the bulky plastic around them. I'm not sure if they're supposed to be collectors items, but they are becoming them with all the limited availability.

Captain05crunch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic