Showing 1 to 20 of 25
1. Posted: Thu 7th Jul 2011 02:33 BST
I usually didn't give lesser known GB games a second glance. There were a few movie tie in games I enjoyed. The Jurassic Park game comes to mind. I hear Gargoyles quest might be on the way for 3ds VC. That's one I totally missed. Looking forward to it.Can you think of any other GB games that didn't get the attention they deserved?
3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823Wii and 3DS ID Link
2. Posted: Thu 7th Jul 2011 02:39 BST
I remember Nintendo Power talking about Mole Mania which was a game that came out for the Game Boy in 1997 and was overlooked, and it was supposed to be a new Nintendo IP! That would be cool if that would be available on the eShop someday.
Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan
3. Posted: Thu 7th Jul 2011 03:41 BST
4. Posted: Thu 7th Jul 2011 05:01 BST
Battle Bull was a lot of fun.
Edited on Thu 7th July, 2011 @ 05:05 by aoeder
5. Posted: Thu 7th Jul 2011 08:43 BST
Kirby's Pinball Land comes to mind.I don't know exactly if i ever played any Pinball game or table before it. But at least it was the first level based Pinball experience i had.If you don't absolutely hate the idea of Pinball-mechanics i recommend trying it. It's a very unique experience that tops Metroid Prime Pinball & Mario Pinball Land / Super Mario Ball (that one easily) and is up there with the best Game Boy games in my opinion. Can't compare it to the Pokémon Pinball games though since i haven't played them yet.PS: How often can one write the word Pinball without being mistaken for Pete Townshend ?
Edited on Thu 7th July, 2011 @ 08:44 by LeasTwanteD
Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112
6. Posted: Thu 7th Jul 2011 08:53 BST
I loved Skate or Die: Bad N Rad. It was a really challenging game, and it took me years to eventually complete it.
3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh
7. Posted: Thu 7th Jul 2011 09:01 BST
Not sure it's stood the test of time, but I remember enjoying Cosmo Tank as a kid.
8. Posted: Thu 7th Jul 2011 09:09 BST
Why does Metal Walker look like Metaknight!
3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX
9. Posted: Thu 7th Jul 2011 09:09 BST
Conker's Pocket TalesBefore he became the nasty little thing he is today.
For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad
10. Posted: Thu 7th Jul 2011 18:55 BST
I HAVE THIS GAME. ._.
11. Posted: Fri 8th Jul 2011 06:01 BST
It won't come to Virtual Console, but I think Darkwing Duck is a good Game Boy port of a good NES game.
Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912
12. Posted: Fri 8th Jul 2011 07:46 BST
I was really disappointed with Cosmo Tank. I remember I traded it for Dr. Mario, and I felt guilty for sticking the other kid with that game.
13. Posted: Fri 8th Jul 2011 07:48 BST
Agreed the Ducktales game wasnt bad either.
Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4
Currently playing: See my Backlog.
Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311
14. Posted: Fri 8th Jul 2011 15:11 BST
I liked the Space Invaders Game boy color Remake:http://pocketmedia.ign.com/pocket/image/object/012/012328/603...
Edited on Fri 8th July, 2011 @ 15:15 by yoyogamer
This is a signature.
15. Posted: Fri 8th Jul 2011 15:30 BST
Heh, I was going to suggest Mole Mania, but it looks like they've beaten me to it. Mole Mania was a great puzzle game in the vein of Lolo, and it was helmed by Miyamoto himself. I don't know why they didn't advertise it more. It was brimming with charm and quality from beginning to end. I would definitely get it for the 3DS virtual console should it ever appear there.Also:
16. Posted: Sat 9th Jul 2011 17:42 BST
I had this game.
I did not like this game. At all.
3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55
Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/
17. Posted: Mon 11th Jul 2011 14:45 BST
Rembered one more.I don't know how well it fares to other versions of the game and i think i've never made through the whole game. But Cannon Fodder was a very fun game on the GBC.
Edited on Mon 11th July, 2011 @ 14:45 by LeasTwanteD
18. Posted: Mon 18th Jul 2011 12:29 BST
Yes, I agree about these movie tie in games.
1) Darkman - an awesome platformer / brawler. by Ocean. Loved it to death. Still play it sometimes.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3c1pZPzNTQ
2) This I really like:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiny_Toon_Adventures:_Babs%27_Bi...
3) And I generally like platformers/beat em ups on the gameboy. Which is why I enjoyed The Simpons' Escape from Camp Deadly too and other platformers.
There are many other games but if I had to choose one overlooked game by Nintendo, it's Solar Striker. Have it in my multi-cartidge. Awesome music and addicting vertical shooter...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_Striker
Edited on Mon 18th July, 2011 @ 12:35 by melechofsin
19. Posted: Mon 18th Jul 2011 14:26 BST
3) And I generally like platformers/beat em ups on the gameboy.
What good beat-'em-ups are there for GB/GBC that don't have superior console versions?
Edited on Mon 18th July, 2011 @ 14:26 by BulbasaurusRex
20. Posted: Mon 18th Jul 2011 14:39 BST
if you want to play on the go and like playing on the gameboy, with all its associated fun, then these beat em ups are a lot of fun.