3DS Forum

Topic: What 3DS launch titles are you buying?

Showing 141 to 160 of 216

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

141. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

I can't even access that page. Let me know what it is. You're the only one who can find out.

Will do. In about 20 minutes.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

142. Posted:

I'm finally narrowed it down to these 3 games. I was originally going to get 2, but ordering off of Toys r us has saved me a lot of cash....Since you don't have to pay any taxes and shipping is free when you order anything over $100. :D

Which is why I added PilotWings Resort to the list. But my problem right now, is that my credit limit is $300, and when I do have to transfor more money into it can takes around 3 buisiness days to freakin' clear, so i have to make seperate purchases. Hopefully everything comes bundled together! :p

Nintendo Aqua Blue 3DS

• Nintendo's + Cats
  • SSFIV 3D
  • PilotWings Resort

If Rayman 3D gets killer reviews I'm definitly going to get it, and I'm also just about to pull the trigger on Monkey Ball 3D as well. But 3 launch titles is enough for me, I don't wan't to over do it at the momento hehe.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

143. Posted:

The counter just reached 0. It changed from numbers to text saying "TAKE A LOOK INSIDE"

When I clicked it, I was expecting something epic, like awesome new info.

Instead, I was just taken to the 3DS main page. I could have done that by clicking the 3DS tab. Lame.

I clicked the "Play it Today at a Hands-on Event" button near the bottom of the page, and on the following page was a similar black bar saying, "TAKE A LOOK INSIDE" with the words, "Nintendo 3DS released!" above it. What's going on??

Edited on by TeeJay

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

144. Posted:

Wow, that is weird. A glitch maybe? Or is it really out in some places?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

145. Posted:

Uh Oh...Looks like if your planning on buying any Ubisoft games that are not Ghost Recon you may want to reconsider. Here's a quote from Matthew Castle at NGamer:
"Ubisoft held Rayman back so no one would see how crap it is, basically. Without spoiling the score, it’s one of our lowest rated 3DS launch titles. Along with Splinter Cell and shudders Asphalt 3D. Ubisoft have only gone and blighted a Nintendo hardware launch with dodgy ports again."
Now I'm scratching Rayman off the list of possibilities...Unless the review here says otherwise.
Source: http://nintendo3dsblog.com/ubisofts-launch-line-up-is-full-of...

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage

Squiggle55

146. Posted:

ballkirby1 wrote:

Uh Oh...Looks like if your planning on buying any Ubisoft games that are not Ghost Recon you may want to reconsider. Here's a quote from Matthew Castle at NGamer:
"Ubisoft held Rayman back so no one would see how crap it is, basically. Without spoiling the score, it’s one of our lowest rated 3DS launch titles. Along with Splinter Cell and shudders Asphalt 3D. Ubisoft have only gone and blighted a Nintendo hardware launch with dodgy ports again."
Now I'm scratching Rayman off the list of possibilities...Unless the review here says otherwise.
Source: http://nintendo3dsblog.com/ubisofts-launch-line-up-is-full-of...

them's mighty big words by ngamer, thx for the heads up

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage

Sneaker13

147. Posted:

My sis ordered Splinter Cell, I need to warn her.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

http://www.backloggery.com/sneaker

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

148. Posted:

So how exactly is Rayman 2 3D a crap game? If it's a perfect port of the deamcast version, which many people say is a great game....With 3D, updated visuals and the like, than what's the problem here?

Corbie is going to cry. :p

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

149. Posted:

And I just cancelled my Sims 3 preorder so I could preorder Rayman 2 3D!!

Nintendolife needs to review both these games so I can find out once and for all which game to buy. Time is running out!

AuthorMessage

TheBaconator

150. Posted:

@Waveboy
Here are some more quotes:
"...really loveless port. Frame rate is all over the shop and the 3D is the weakest I've seen. Pushing the depth slider seems to shunt the entire game into the background, so it just feels like playing a 2D game, slightly further away."
So there you go, the port has a bad frame rate and the 3D effect is broken.
Source: http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=153660

Edited on by TheBaconator

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

151. Posted:

ARGH!! Now I have to go out of my way to go to Gamestop to cancel my Rayman preorder.

I'm sick of this. I think the smart thing to do would be to cancel Rayman 3D, wait for a review, and decide later what game I'll spend my money on when I'm 100% sure it's a good game.

Maybe I'll just put it towards Mario Kart 3DS. When does that release in the US? Any info on that yet?

AuthorMessage

Sylverstone

152. Posted:

Titles I'm aiming for at launch:

• Pilotwings Resort
  • Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition

Sometime after launch, hopefully:

• Nintendogs + cats: Golden Retriever & Friends
  • Steel Diver
  • Ridge Racer 3D

Maybe when I feel the urge to:

• Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D
  • Super Monkey Ball 3D

Game that appears good, but a genre I dislike:

• Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars (I'm not a fan of turn-based RPGs.)

Edited on by Sylverstone

Sylver's Edge on YT | Sylver's Edge: The Developer's Journal | Follow me! | StreetPass NYC | Sylverloggery

"I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play." - Shigeru Miyamoto

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter: Sylverstone14

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

153. Posted:

@Syl We have similar tastes. I probably won't go for Steel Diver and PES for example, but I like your choices.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

154. Posted:

Well I picked up Ghost Recon : Shadow Wars today. Also picked up ridge racer since both came in. I'm torn between street fighter and pilot wings for my third. Might just get both but don't have the money.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

GamerZack87

155. Posted:

I know that I've preordered Super Monkey Ball, and I may be able to get between 1 and 3 extra games. So far I've decided on Nintendogs + Cats as an extra...maybe that should be it for now. Maybe I'll grab a Mario DS game and that should be plenty.

"Pay me 20 Rupees and I'll talk."
CHINK
"Never forget the comfort of freshly-washed shorts."

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

156. Posted:

ballkirby1 wrote:

@Waveboy
Here are some more quotes:
"...really loveless port. Frame rate is all over the shop and the 3D is the weakest I've seen. Pushing the depth slider seems to shunt the entire game into the background, so it just feels like playing a 2D game, slightly further away."
So there you go, the port has a bad frame rate and the 3D effect is broken.
Source: http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=153660

Leave it to Ubisoft to release their rehash-y crappy Launch title ports, it was the same scenario with the Wii...Release a last gen game with tacked on motion controls, but in the 3DS's case release a last gen game with 3D technology...Which clearly they couldn't even get right with Rayman 2....I mean isn't the 3DS more powerful than the dreamcast? How on earth would Rayman 2 for the 3DS have frame rate problems? They clealry skimped out on the 3D as well....Just imagine if this port didn't have any framerate problems to speak of brilliant 3D, could of made a complete opposite turn impressions-wise.

But ya, Ubisoft reallly annoys me sometimes. The company is a mixed bag. releasing shotty ports with a tacked on yet lousy control scheme or in the 3DS's cause 3D visuals to get uninformed casual gamers cash, while using that cash to develop big titles for the PS3 and 360. :p

They annoy me, because they clearly lack passion at times with their products and try to suck in the casuals by making a quick buck. And yes, the rabbids do suck.

Anyways, that officially knocks Rayman off my list and into the Bit dumpster. I've got 3 titles that are definit buys, but I'm still deciding if I want Super Monkey Ball 3D. It's the ho-hum level design and weak challenge are turning me off.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

GamerZack87

157. Posted:

I'm so glad I ditched the Rayman bundle at Big W now! I got a different, better bundle from EB Games with SOOPA MUNKYZ IN BALLZ!! xD

"Pay me 20 Rupees and I'll talk."
CHINK
"Never forget the comfort of freshly-washed shorts."

AuthorMessage

Wesker

158. Posted:

You guys writing of Rayman 3D might want to wait for Corbies review. He has already said "Pilotwings Resort, Super Street Fighter IV 3D, and Super Monkey Ball 3D are the best after Rayman 3D, IMO. "

http://twitter.com/CorbieD

And he's not the only one out there saying positive things. Don't cancel your orders just yet.

Wesker

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

159. Posted:

billy-beauts wrote:

You guys writing of Rayman 3D might want to wait for Corbies review. He has already said "Pilotwings Resort, Super Street Fighter IV 3D, and Super Monkey Ball 3D are the best after Rayman 3D, IMO. "

http://twitter.com/CorbieD

And he's not the only one out there saying positive things. Don't cancel your orders just yet.

Stupid me, but is he saying Rayman's better than those 3 or the next best 3DS title after those 3?
And where's the Nintendogs lovin? :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Chaoslink1

160. Posted:

Down below
V

My favourite games: http://chaoslink1.deviantart.com/art/Top-10-Favourite-Video-Game-meme-Chaoslink1-309965952?q=boost%3Apopular%20%28%28my%20top%2010%29%20AND%20%28by%3Achaoslink1%29%29&qo=0
Retro games, Modern games, all AWESOME!!!

3DS Friend Code: 4210-3973-4461 | Nintendo Network ID: Chaoslink1 | Twitter: Chaoslink1