Forums

Topic: What 3DS launch titles are you buying?

Posts 161 to 180 of 203

TeeJay

Tech101 wrote:

Wait what!! You can really use the circle pad with Mario 64 DS. I might make that my purchase instead of pilot wings. Thanks for the info NintendoPurist.

Of course you can use the circle pad. It acts the same as the D-Pad for all DS games. It's in the 3DS FAQ and everything; quite common knowledge, actually.

This is great news, because I just ordered Super Mario 64 DS off of Amazon through another website! You fill out offers for points and request prizes and such. I won't go too much into it because then I'd be advertising.

But I digress. The point is that I'll be able to play Mario 64 on my 3DS! This is gonna make my third time paying for the friggin game.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Spoony_Tech

Yeah but i didn't think the DS games would be able to use this function. I figured it was programmed with only digital in mind. That would make any game use this function then. I might finally pick up Mario kart as well to!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

GamerZack87

WaveBoy wrote:

NintendoPurist3DS wrote:

I've heard reports from my FLEBG that Super Mario 64 DS plays 'beautifully' with the Circle Pad. It's convincing me further to nab a copy of itself.
FLEBG = Friendly Local EB Games

Really? I've never actually played Mario 64 DS as to me it's just always looked like a shotty port with unintuitive d-pad controls. It doesn't looks as impressive as the N64 original judging by the footage and screen shots either.

Actually it has tons of extra content added to it such as 30 extra Power Stars to collect, a number of new and redesigned levels, three new boss characters to defeat, four playable characters with different abilities, new Power-Ups including the Super Mushroom and Power Flower, touch screen minigames (which are all quite enjoyable), basic multiplayer and a graphical spit-and-polish with more detail, less jagged 3D models and a slightly smoother framerate. The music's really good too, still as vibrant and catchy as ever. It's one of my Top 5 favourite DS games of all time, and I'd recommend it to any Mario fan with a DS, no questions asked!

Yes, I am a huge Mario fan. I've been a huge Mario fan since the early 90's. Ah...spaghetti...zzz...

Edited on by GamerZack87

"Pay me 20 Rupees and I'll talk."
CHINK
"Never forget the comfort of freshly-washed shorts."

NintenMOE

Stine wrote:

I'm getting Nintendogs and a few DS games since I've never owned (or even played!) a DS. I've got the two Kingdom Hearts DS games, Mario Kart, Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and I hope Professor Layton and the Curious Village will get here this week. And now I haven't got any money left, so I'm not getting any more of the launch games (at least not for a while). Not that I'm sad or anything; I've bought so many games these last months that I probably have enough to last me a year.

Thanks...I'm not gonna sleep for days once I have my 3DS in my hands.

@NintenMOE: Welcome to NL!

Yea though I walk through the valley of Google I shall fear no Apple.

Spoony_Tech

WaveBoy wrote:

Is anyone else thinking about getting Ridge Racer based off of IGN's review, which got an 8.0?
The 3D effects are supposed to be pretty impressive, and as always it's got killer up beat Ridge Racer techno tunes and fun arcade gameplay. Personally i haven't played Ridge Racer since the original back on the PS1 which i loved, but I'm kind of in the mid zone weather i should pick this one up or not.

I picked it up yesterday! I've played quite a few ridge racers in the past and liked everyone of them. When the reviewer compared it to rage racer in the way that you progress through the game that made me very excited because it my favorite in the series. I could let you know what I think about it on Sunday. I'm actually really excited to play it.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

GamerZack87

Less than a week to go till launch! xD

Okay, I've been mulling over about 3DS games I'd like, and I made a short list of games that interest me. Oddly enough, five (read: three) of them are launch titles here:

-Nintendogs + Cats (any or all versions)
-Super Monkey Ball 3D
-Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition

The next title on the list to be released is Pilotwings Resort, which is out two days after my first pay in April. Based on what Corbie's said about it in chat...well, it's a definite possibility for me! I can hardly wait!

Goes to fly a plane in Sports Resort

"Pay me 20 Rupees and I'll talk."
CHINK
"Never forget the comfort of freshly-washed shorts."

EliPro

Rayman 2 Corbie says has been good so far.

Wii FC:5954-2958-4632-5792
GE007:00555-9505-006
Brawl:1634-0151-9007
3DS:3609-1031-8007
Steam:WindSquid
Xbox Live GT:windsquid887
Im currently playing:
Plants Vs Zombies

killer6370

nothing but am getting the sims 3 for free from amazon maybe i'll sell it at gamestop an buy streetfighter 4 a few days later

killer6370

CanisWolfred

WaveBoy wrote:

Is anyone else thinking about getting Ridge Racer based off of IGN's review, which got an 8.0?
The 3D effects are supposed to be pretty impressive, and as always it's got killer up beat Ridge Racer techno tunes and fun arcade gameplay. Personally i haven't played Ridge Racer since the original back on the PS1 which i loved, but I'm kind of in the mid zone weather i should pick this one up or not.

I haven't played Ridge Racer in forever, but I do plan on picking it up at some point, yes.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

rolLTheDice

I plan on making Ridge Racer the first retail game i play on the 3DS. I guess i'll write a bit about it after i spent some hours with the game.

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

Spoony_Tech

I already have ghost recon as well. Looks like I've got some good titles so far and still probably pick up street fighter and spring for pilot wings because I love spending 430$!!!

MERG said:

art_kevinc

Was waiting for a review for this to confirm my launch title. Really looking forward to Ghost Recon now.

3DS FC: 0173-1318-0187

Spoony_Tech

I didn't see a number on that review but it sounded like a nine to me. No less then an 8 for sure!

MERG said:

art_kevinc

It was a Verdict 8/10.

Spoony_Tech

That funny I looked for a score but didn't see one.

MERG said:

art_kevinc

Just right below the second image of the game. They say its a turn-based triumph.

Spoony_Tech

Yeah I see that now. I'm on my phone and there was a mobile version of the site. I had to switch it off to see the score. Thanks for posting of!!

MERG said:

art_kevinc

No problem.

HandheldGuru97

Pilot wings and either super monkeyball 3D or Ghost Recon shadow wars.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.