Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

Posts 281 to 300 of 480

Blast

Eat_Pie wrote:

Blast wrote:

Eat_Pie wrote:

I didn't find the block puzzle to be that bad. My team and I did spend a few minutes chucking each other around and becoming totems, but we had no trouble figuring out how to solve it. If you stand next to the block, it says "Grab". It's also kind of obvious after standing on the block and using an item. You'll realize that you can't reach the crystal, so you need to move the block.

Try telling that to a random young kid while playing online. I can't blame a young kid on getting confused at the block puzzle.

I don't either. It was confusing at first for me too, especially if you never stand near the block. Hopefully their team members can help them figure it out.

We need a push icon, man. It'll solve it instantly.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Eat_Pie

Blast wrote:

Eat_Pie wrote:

Blast wrote:

Eat_Pie wrote:

I didn't find the block puzzle to be that bad. My team and I did spend a few minutes chucking each other around and becoming totems, but we had no trouble figuring out how to solve it. If you stand next to the block, it says "Grab". It's also kind of obvious after standing on the block and using an item. You'll realize that you can't reach the crystal, so you need to move the block.

Try telling that to a random young kid while playing online. I can't blame a young kid on getting confused at the block puzzle.

I don't either. It was confusing at first for me too, especially if you never stand near the block. Hopefully their team members can help them figure it out.

We need a push icon, man. It'll solve it instantly.

How many block puzzles will there be in the whole game? No use to dedicate an icon for something specific. I do agree it would help though.

Eat_Pie

Blast

DiscoGentleman wrote:

I'm fine without a push icon. "Over Here!" was good enough. I mean, we all solved it, right?

Yeah... No. I'm pretty sure most of the people buying this game will be young kids.... not seasoned Zelda fans. Those kids need all the help they can get or they will rage quit. There will be seasoned Zelda fans buying the game but they will not outnumber the young kids. I'm sure of that.

Master of the Hype Train

crimsontadpoles

It took me a long time to solve the block puzzle. First time I got there, my group kept trying to use totems and get on top and chuck people or use items until we lost all our lives. Second time with different people, it took us several minutes to figure it out.

I don't think a push icon is needed, but another subtle clue in the game may help. Perhaps it might be better if there was a smaller block earlier in the level in a safer location that two people had to push, or they add a slight creaking noise when someone pushes that's louder when two people push.

Still, it's a Zelda game. It wouldn't be as fun for me if there weren't any puzzles that I struggled with since puzzles are a big thing I enjoy about Zelda.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Blue_Blur

@Megumi: My friend used the last code. Thanks for sharing!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Eat_Pie

I just encountered the weirdest trolling. A guy, right before a boss battle, instead of throwing us off the edge, decided to commit suicide and threw himself off the edge. That was the first time it happened. The second guy decided to disconnect.(probably because of the trolling).

Edited on by Eat_Pie

Eat_Pie

yokokazuo

When playing with new people, I found it was easiest to pretty much let them try out other methods or they will just continue to go against what you're doing. The group I was with today appeared to have just started playing and tried a few things like making a totem on the block and trying items. Once they realized it wouldn't work they tried a couple other things and one of them started pushing the block. We all then began to do the same and were able to finish the puzzle. It probably took only a minute or so for them to figure it out compared to when I tried to tell them that the only way was pushing it.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

veeflames

Blast wrote:

DiscoGentleman wrote:

I'm fine without a push icon. "Over Here!" was good enough. I mean, we all solved it, right?

Yeah... No. I'm pretty sure most of the people buying this game will be young kids.... not seasoned Zelda fans. Those kids need all the help they can get or they will rage quit. There will be seasoned Zelda fans buying the game but they will not outnumber the young kids. I'm sure of that.

.... What kind of claim is that? It's baseless, especially when you see that the general consensus is that the demo is pretty fun. I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that only young kids will buy the game...

And the block thing didn't leave me stuck, either. If you've played lots of Zelda games, isn't it already obvious that whenever you see a block, it's supposed to be moved/pushed? Then when you see those red tiles and the lava that spouts out of them, it all adds up.
In fact, a push icon would just spoil the fun out of solving the puzzle immediately. At least, now you know that whenever you see a blockck, you should consider pushing it. 😉😆

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

LxrdXO

I have 3 random codes. I know I'm pretty late and there's only one more day but hey it's all worth the shot if you want to play.
These are legit, came straight from my email from Nintendo. I don't know if everyone received these or a select few. Regardless, I will not be using these codes so please do use them for yourselves and/or friends.
1. B0HHLBGG0BWKLF4W
2. B0HXWPJN4D43KTRH
3. B0HBPGK54GVC8R79

LxrdXO

Hendesu

Users, I have a question: Is the demo worth it? I have the code for game, but I heard single player and online mode is disabled while Multiplayer mode is the only available. Should I give away the code, or just use it?

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

TuVictus

Might as well use it and try it out whenever it goes live tomorrow. I'm sure most people who want codes have gotten their hands on one or are just gonna wait the 5 days until the full game releases.

TuVictus

Blue_Blur

@Hendesu: I would use it if you have some interest in the game. To be honest, before the demo, I knew I DID NOT want this game. There were too many negatives about it, to me, for me to get it. I decided to try out the demo though, just to see what the game was like... I'm so glad I played the demo! It really changed my view on this game. I'm really considering buying it; I thought it was that good! The demo really shows you how online will be, how well you and your teammates will communicate only with limited commands, and how challenging the puzzles are. The game seems quite balanced, but there are a few questionable areas here and there. Back to your question, I would say that the demo is worth it. It changed my whole opinion about the game! So, if you have any interest in this game, I would use the demo and try out online tomorrow. Hope this helps!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Hendesu

Blue_Blur wrote:

@Hendesu: I would use it if you have some interest in the game. To be honest, before the demo, I knew I DID NOT want this game. There were too many negatives about it, to me, for me to get it. I decided to try out the demo though, just to see what the game was like... I'm so glad I played the demo! It really changed my view on this game. I'm really considering buying it; I thought it was that good! The demo really shows you how online will be, how well you and your teammates will communicate only with limited commands, and how challenging the puzzles are. The game seems quite balanced, but there are a few questionable areas here and there. Back to your question, I would say that the demo is worth it. It changed my whole opinion about the game! So, if you have any interest in this game, I would use the demo and try out online tomorrow. Hope this helps!

Thanks for telling me! I'll use the code.

bezerker99 wrote:

Bleh this

Untitled

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Luffymcduck

I tried the game online today and I can safely conclude that 95% of my my playtime will consist of local multiplayer. I played a lava level with two random players. First two sections worked fine since the were so simple. But the third area had a block puzzle with lava in it. It was hard to communicate with the icons to solve a simple puzzle. Then one of our players dropped and I was back in the waiting room.

Sure, this is based on a single online session but during that I learned about a lot of things tha could ruin your game.

My advise: get the game for local multiplayer, it's a blast! If you want online, try to play it with your friends and put a Skype on for communication. If you want to play with random people... well, good luck.

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

Blast

Luffymcduck wrote:

I tried the game online today and I can safely conclude that 95% of my my playtime will consist of local multiplayer. I played a lava level with two random players. First two sections worked fine since the were so simple. But the third area had a block puzzle with lava in it. It was hard to communicate with the icons to solve a simple puzzle. Then one of our players dropped and I was back in the waiting room.

Sure, this is based on a single online session but during that I learned about a lot of things tha could ruin your game.

My advise: get the game for local multiplayer, it's a blast! If you want online, try to play it with your friends and put a Skype on for communication. If you want to play with random people... well, good luck.

BUT A FREAKING PUSH ICON WOULD'VE HELPED, RIGHT?!? But don't agree with me! Some people here think having a push icon would ruin their precious Zelda puzzle solving!!!

Master of the Hype Train

TuVictus

If I could choose, I'd definitely prefer local multiplayer with people who just got the game. The lag gets annoying at times and whenever someone disconnects, the whole dungeon is a wash. I imagine that wouldn't be an issue, locally. But as it is, online is pretty fun

TuVictus

Blathers

I'm totally miffed that the demo is borked for local multiplayer. You get to play the forest dungeon and that's it. Sure, it's enough to get an idea of the game, but it's a bit of a kick in the pants to people who can't have a decent go of the game online. The demo only has limted distribution anyway, and has no download play capabilities, plus the demo online matchmaking is only available for a small period of time, so why is this limited in quantity demo also so arbitrarily limited in functionality? This is almost as bad as the demo launch restrictions.

Edited on by Blathers

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

3DS Friend Code: 1848-2106-5430

ravens326

@Kinan: What are you talking about? The demo was excellent at showing how the mechanics of the game work. I felt it was a good learning experience in anticipation for the full game. The demo didn't show the storyline or overworld, which is good because those will be revealed when the game is released. I do agree though that the limited distribution of the demo was kind of weak, but maybe it was on a limited release to not overwhelm Nintendo's servers allowing allowing players to learn how the game works without a ton of communication errors (although there were still some issues with the communication). Possibly a more widely released demo would've slowed the servers, providing a terrible experience, which would lead to a major sales crash. Us players knew there was a lot of negativity towards the game in the past few months since it was announced at E3, and most likely Nintendo knew about it also, so they did what they could to allow a pleasurable experience with the game to stimulate sales during release phase. That's just my guess though, I could be wrong, but I thoroughly enjoyed the demo and I am super excited to get the full version this week.

Edited on by ravens326

David Podgor Productions - Youtube
David Podgor Productions - Facebook
Twitter: ravens326

3DS Friend Code: 0946-2231-6524 | Nintendo Network ID: ravens326

jeffri

So excited for this game now after playing the demo. I thought Triforce Heroes will be fun, but online sounds to be frustating, but a slight lag aside, the demo has been really fun to me. Too bad most of my time online was waiting in lobby playing the lucky ball (alone or with another guy), but I was able to finish the first stage (forget its name) and Fire Temple 2-3 times. My time ran out before finishing Bomb Storage stage though.

Even playing with completely unaware people has been quite fun, as we are slowly trying multiple things to solve the puzzle. To be honest, I think it has its own fun moment trying to communicate with icon and some gestures, instead of chat or voice chat. A couple of days more and we can play to our heart contents.

3DS FC: 3196-4446-5195 | Collections

3DS Friend Code: 3196-4446-5195

Sorry, this topic has been locked.