Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

Posts 301 to 320 of 480

jump

I didn't get a chance to play the demo at all during the weekend as it was my girlfriend and I's anniversary so now I've got the last demo online session to decide if it's worth getting or not but I'm not sure if I will have the time to play it that day.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

ultraraichu

Well I feel dumb now that I couldn't play the demo when I had the chance. Even though I knew about the online session, I figured since I have One other person to play with locally, I can play on my own time with only 2 players or a dummy for the 3rd slot. Too bad I don't read the part where it must be 3 people even in local play. My fault for starting to play yesterday.

In any case I might still get it at launch. It would be interesting playing with others online, especially with the limited communication options.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

Blathers

Kinan wrote:

@ravens326: I'm talking about @Blathers description of the demo. It's supposed to show off a number of features but fails to do so according to him/her

I assume it shows off the features online, which is good. (I only got to play one part of a level before one of the party members disconnected)

But local play is totally gimped, (arbitrarily locking you to one level, when you can play three online) and seeing as the servers were only online for a short period of time, we've now got an extremely functionally limited demo just sitting on our systems. If Nintendo then re-releases the demo to everyone, with no changes except the 30 use limit enabled, then that'll be table flip-worthy - the demo can't play online so you won't be able to test out the game with other people, and unless you have two other people in local play who also have the demo downloaded, you won't be able to even leave the lobby. (functionally making the demo useless for people who want to buy the game for the online features)

Edited on by Blathers

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

3DS Friend Code: 1848-2106-5430

TeeJay

Untitled

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Peach64

I'm wondering why the review embargo for this is so late. My TGC copy arrived this morning and I know a lot of UK people got their copy in the post yesterday. I've not had a chance to play it myself as I'm at work, but I read some positive impressions last night on forums and facebook.

Peach64

jump

Peach64 wrote:

I'm wondering why the review embargo for this is so late. My TGC copy arrived this morning and I know a lot of UK people got their copy in the post yesterday. I've not had a chance to play it myself as I'm at work, but I read some positive impressions last night on forums and facebook.

I thought it has ended as I've seen people posting scores. EDGE has given a 6, IGN has given it a 8 and I can't remember the rest.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Luffymcduck

If you have two friends with 3DS´s (or own many 3DS models yourself and friends who want to play) get this game. Local multiplayer is really fun, takes me back to Four Sword games. We've played trough 6 levels now. The game doesn't seem to be too long and I'm not far enough in the game to give an accurate score but right now it's easily 8/10 (for local multiplayer).

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

Seacliff

I meant to get this on launch, but was so focused on the new RPG Maker that this completely slipped my mind.

But I'm going into town tomorrow, so maybe I'll stop by gamestop and pick it up.

Seacliff

TeeJay

Seacliff wrote:

I meant to get this on launch, but was so focused on the new RPG Maker that this completely slipped my mind.

But I'm going into town tomorrow, so maybe I'll stop by gamestop and pick it up.

The game doesn't come out until the 23rd though.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

DefHalan

@Seacliff: How is the new RPG Maker? Is it very different than RPG Maker VX Ace Deluxe?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Seacliff

DefHalan wrote:

@Seacliff: How is the new RPG Maker? Is it very different than RPG Maker VX Ace Deluxe?

It's not out yet. Two more days. But I know people who are beta testers.
And depending on how different it is depends on how you plan to use it. It uses a different scripting language that allows more customizability and the ability to port to mobile is nice. But if stuff like that doesn't interest you, then I can't blame anyone for staying with Vx Ace.
Either way, this belongs on it's own topic. I don't like derailing threads.

@TeeJay: exactly, that's tomorrow. I'm saying I was so hyped for one thing that I wasn't keeping track of Zelda updates. Thankfully, I'll still be able to get it in time. I'm still fairly excited to play the game, even with the average reviews for it.

Edited on by Seacliff

Seacliff

tripunktoj

Hi I have spare codes for the Zelda TriForce Demo for 3DS

If anyone is interested I am mainly looking to trade for the Dragon Ball Extreme Butoden 3DS promotional codes (preordering from amazon gets you a download codes for the VC SNES game, and another for content on the 3DS game), or Sonic Boom luminous costumes DLC code on WiiU (also preoder bonus from amazon) I could also consider taking some of the nindie humble bundle codes instead, or some other offer.

Offering american codes, asking for american codes. Quote or reply me here, or mail me to tripunktoj at hot mail

Edited on by tripunktoj

tripunktoj

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8667-6861 | My Nintendo: tripunktoj | Nintendo Network ID: tripunktoj

TuVictus

@tripunktoj: Those codes can't do anything, since the only time we were able to play the demo was Friday through Sunday last week.

And the game comes out tomorrow.

Speaking of which, Amazon hasn't shipped my copy yet, but it "guarantees" delivery tomorrow. Not sure how, but I hope it's right.

TuVictus

jump

I thought there was another demo session on Sat, I maybe wrong though.

Nicolai wrote:

DreamyViridi

arronishere wrote:

I thought there was another demo session on Sat, I maybe wrong though.

No, you're right. There's one more online demo day on Saturday. Same times as last Saturday.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TuVictus

Ah, I stand corrected. My bad

TuVictus

Peek-a-boo

This popped through the door this morning, and I played about an hour before heading off to work.

It is pretty uninspiring stuff so far, and Zelda - along with Metroid - are two of my most favouritest franchise, which makes this all the more underwhelming. The puzzles are straightforward for fans of the series and the gameplay is fairly ho-hum at the moment.

Most surprisingly, the visuals are a big step backwards from A Link Between Worlds and is quite ugly in places, almost 'unfinished' even.

Yeah, I am not feeling the love at the moment. The region-lock multiplayer also kills any chance of playing with other folks internationally, and it is yet another ridiculous decision from Nintendo that nobody can possibly defend.

The Nintendo Life review is spot on, so far.

Peek-a-boo

TuVictus

Still so excited to play it. Unless the three dungeons in the demo were literally the only good ones, haha

TuVictus

tripunktoj

@Operative: While its true that Saturday is the last day to play it online, that doesnt mean that the Zelda demo codes cant do anything. I have more than one of them and that means you can play locally with another person for free anytime you like, it doesnt have limit on uses or time, or at the very least you can download this exclusive demo for collectible purposes. I know it may not be the big deal, but neither is any of the codes Im looking for. If for some reason you dont want or wont use your DBZ codes, please let me know we could arrange something or if there is a way I could get them.

EDIT: And who knows, maybe there ll be more chances to play the demo online in the future, like the Splatoon demo did

Edited on by tripunktoj

tripunktoj

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8667-6861 | My Nintendo: tripunktoj | Nintendo Network ID: tripunktoj

TuVictus

So the devs gave a brief explanation of where the game fits in the timeline, and there's a secret message in the game that is speculated to only be decipherable through playing locally with friends.

I think it's a bit cruel that they've locked some things behind local-only multiplayer, since a huge reason why the game was made online is because it's not uncommon to have no one to play with, locally.

TuVictus

Sorry, this topic has been locked.