Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 4,821 to 4,840 of 5,084

UGXwolf

As well as clearing Classic with all fighters and clearing All-Star with all fighters. And there's more, but I accomplished those before I checked on what they were.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

forza11

anyone else having connection issues? i get random errors when trying to go online for the past hour...

forza11

Robo-Knight

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Robo-Knight wrote:

Is anyone else here not able to use a Golden Hammer on the Challenge for clearing Classic Mode on 9.0 Intensity?

Some challenges you're not allowed to skip, that one being one of them.

Augh, thanks for the info then.

Any tips on how too beat Classic Mode on 9.0 Intensity then?

Robo-Knight

FriedSquid

Robo-Knight wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Robo-Knight wrote:

Is anyone else here not able to use a Golden Hammer on the Challenge for clearing Classic Mode on 9.0 Intensity?

I personally used a custom Bowser with maximum defense and better recovery moves. It took me a few tries, so it's not perfect, but it worked. I've also heard Ganondorf is useful but I haven't tried him.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Robo-Knight

Squid wrote:

Robo-Knight wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Robo-Knight wrote:

I personally used a custom Bowser with maximum defense and better recovery moves. It took me a few tries, so it's not perfect, but it worked. I've also heard Ganondorf is useful but I haven't tried him.

Which Specials & Equipment did you use?

Robo-Knight

Knux

I finally unlocked all of the characters! Man, Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt are so boss!

Knux

MasterWario

Robo-Knight wrote:

It really takes practice more than anything else. It took me a while to beat it the first time (did it with Bowser), but I just beat it with my Mii Swordfighter first try.
Same goes for All-star. For a time I wouldn't even think to do it on hard; now that's as easy as normal was.

Bowser is definitely one of the best though, since you can finish off most any round by grabbing the cpu with your side-B and jumping off the ledge.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

LzWinky

Easiest way to beat 9.0 is use custom equipment with good stats. You can focus on the character's weakness (i.e. Speed for slow) or go overboard with strengths (i.e. Attack for Ganondorf). Just keep note of what stat is going down.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DreamyViridi

I personally didn't find Classic 9.0 that hard. I've only done it once but I beat it on my 3rd with Mega Man, no customs. I would've beaten it first try if I knew what to expect from Master Core's Giant form. Nothing's stopping you from taking the easy Blue paths on 9.0 either, that helps.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

NintendoFan64

Okay, I've unlocked all the custom outfits. Getting close to 100%...so close...

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

veeflames

Yay! Just got my copy of Smash Bros. yesterday! It's good so far and Mini is so cool!
I thought I had Kirby's moves pinned down but it seems I had a little problem controlling him well. Of course, the fact that I put the difficulty on 5 doesnt help. Anyway I'm getting the hang of him, so I'm good.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

The_Ninja

Untitled

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

iKhan

Helpful hint for beating the 4 KO in Cruel smash challenge.

Create a heavy Mii Gunner character, and make their neutral special the grenade shooter. Then, go on either edge of the battlefield facing inwards and use your down smash. Because of their inability to use specials, this attack dumps them off the stage and leaves them vulnerable. This works best with 1-2 miis at a time.

If you are overwhelmed and need space, or you want to rack up damage, the grenade and side smash are your friends. Because the grenade locks enemies in hitstun and have a large range, they can be used to temporarily incapacitate the team. Your side smash has huge range, so when you find all 4 minis ganging up on you, that should give you space and build damage.

Try to stay out of the air though.

I'm calling this the Walter White method since I used his Mii to do this.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

TeeJay

iKhan wrote:

Create a heavy Mii Gunner character, and make their neutral special the grenade shooter. Then, go on either edge of the battlefield facing inwards and use your down smash. Because of their inability to use specials, this attack dumps them off the stage and leaves them vulnerable. This works best with 1-2 miis at a time.

If you are overwhelmed and need space, or you want to rack up damage, the grenade and side smash are your friends. Because the grenade locks enemies in hitstun and have a large range, they can be used to temporarily incapacitate the team. Your side smash has huge range, so when you find all 4 minis ganging up on you, that should give you space and build damage.

Or just use Kirby to swallow miis and spit them out under the stage. I got about 7 or 8 KOs that way.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

iKhan

TeeJay wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Or just use Kirby to swallow miis and spit them out under the stage. I got about 7 or 8 KOs that way.

Hmm never thought of that.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DreamyViridi

Anyone with a Counter move (barring Peach's) can do very decently in Cruel Smash.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TeeJay

NintyMan wrote:

Does today's update fix the giant character glitch?

If so, then I better exploit it as much as I can before it's gone.

There's an update?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Yoshi_Prime

I can't remember if I read this somewhere, but do new updates delete your replays? That sounds dumb, but I swear I heard it somewhere.

Yoshi_Prime

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.