Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 4,841 to 4,860 of 5,084

mystman12

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

I can't remember if I read this somewhere, but do new updates delete your replays? That sounds dumb, but I swear I heard it somewhere.

Yeah, it says that it's possible that could happen in the manual or when you first go into the replays section or something. It makes sense, since a replay is basically the game recording button presses, so if a character, say, becomes faster, when the game attempts to replay a match with that character, he would end up going faster and farther than before which totally mess up the replay and everything would be off. So I'm wondering too, does this update delete replays and should I record the ones I want to keep before updating?

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Yoshi_Prime

NintyMan wrote:

My replays of giant characters in Multi-Man Smash could get deleted? That's swell...

Word, brother man.

Yoshi_Prime

Grumblevolcano

So has anyone found the update yet?

EDIT: Downloaded the update, the Yoshi glitch and my replays are safe! Nothing really looks different except the current conquest having question marks by percentages instead of actual results.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoFan64

Grumblevolcano wrote:

So has anyone found the update yet?

EDIT: Downloaded the update, the Yoshi glitch and my replays are safe! Nothing really looks different except the current conquest having question marks by percentages instead of actual results.

Oh, thank God! I don't want that glitch to ever leave!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Undead_terror

I must say it's pretty sad, I got over 10 mii hats left to get and a bunch of moves left to get but I keep getting useless equipment and stuff I already have...

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

CapeSmash

I got all custom moves!

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

DreamyViridi

Phew, got all of the Smash Run powers! That's one less challenge I'll use a hammer on, was planning to until I saw I only had 2 missing.

I suppose the "get all headgear, costumes and custom moves" is next for me. I already have all of the costumes and I get the feeling one of the hats I'm missing is behind a challenge.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

FriedSquid

I'm not totally sure what to make of this video. Supposedly it's a DLC demo that was released only to IGN employees... I already don't buy it. The uploader said he didn't want to make anything too obvious so as to not get a strike on his channel.

Here we see new DLC characters added to fill up the roster space on the select screen; Mewtwo, Wolf, Bandana Dee, and Isaac are all added here. (curiously, Lucas is missing) Also, Lucina, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit have all been relocated to their respective franchises.

Now of course, at first glance, the fighter icons for these characters look bad. Most are too far away, and Bandana Dee's is too close (however, some people say the Bandana Dee image is totally new and never before seen) However the uploader claims the images are out of place probably because of a beta setup.

He says he forgot to use his capture card, and will upload a new video next Saturday using it. Says he will get more good-quality screenshots and (I would assume) video.

This is the icon of the supposed DLC demo:

Untitled

New title screen (looks like he decided to use his capture card for this one...) :

Untitled

For now, until we see any video, I'm calling fake.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

TeeJay

I was going to instantly dismiss that as fake because of the icons until you said they said it was because it was a beta. But still. Mew Two's icon looks like it's straight out of the model shown at the direct. Nintendo would at least have a proper icon, beta or not. That's what I think at least

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MsJubilee

The wolf icon looks sort of small compared to the other's and waddle dee's is a character? But it would be cute to use Waddle Dee in battle, but still no lucas? Or Snake? That's not fair they can't just let Ness represent the Mother franchise by himself.So for me this is fake.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

DreamyViridi

Right, so the one time he uses his capture device; he just takes a shot of the title screen which could've easily been photoshopped. Meh, I don't care for this; like any other leak...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

FriedSquid

Yeah, signs are undoubtedly pointed to it being fake, but I thought I'd share it anyways. I'll keep tabs on his YouTube channel to see if he posts anything more believable.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

SparkOfSpirit

Certainly fake. For some reason the fakers always put in Wolf but take out Lucas. Never understand that.

Also a fourth Kirby character before a third Donkey Kong one? Not saying it couldn't happen, but it would be pretty disappointing.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

KickButt_Gaming

This is as real as unicorns trying to kill me in my dreams

In Game Name: Jeremiah
Friend Safari: Ice Type

3DS Friend Code: 1993-8313-3875

Gridatttack

Waiting for that supposed better quality video. Also, he could atleast show the cursor to make it more credible.

Seems fake the way it is, because he blacks out the video when starting. Just have 2 3DS, one with the smash game, and the other with the fake image on top.

So yeah, seems fake.

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Undead_terror

This is really starting to become stupid, I just played smash run trying to get new stuff, I still got over 10 hats left to get and for the first time in a while I got 2 mii hats at the same time that I already got! I keep getting equipment and stuff I already got...I wouldn't mind a patch or something so you can't get the same stuff over and over again.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

MasterWario

Undead_terror wrote:

This is really starting to become stupid, I just played smash run trying to get new stuff, I still got over 10 hats left to get and for the first time in a while I got 2 mii hats at the same time that I already got! I keep getting equipment and stuff I already got...I wouldn't mind a patch or something so you can't get the same stuff over and over again.

It's insanely frustrating. It took me forever to get all the outfits. Now that's all I can seem to get besides my 24th Waluigi Hat or Shy Guy Mask.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Undead_terror

MasterWario wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

It's insanely frustrating. It took me forever to get all the outfits. Now that's all I can seem to get besides my 24th Waluigi Hat or Shy Guy Mask.

Some "leaker" said that around Christmas or something there will be a update that expands the in game store so you can buy more things....needless to say I wish I could of used my golden hammer on that last challenge.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.