Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 3,481 to 3,500 of 5,084

SheldonRandoms

There should be Amiibo tournaments, cause my action figure is better then yours, it was revved up in a fryer, and will break yo leg!!!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms

SuperMalleo wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

There should be Amiibo tournaments, cause my action figure is better then yours, it was revved up in a fryer, and will break yo leg!!!

Your fryer needs moar revving to become champion

I'll sing about a burger with jelly on it, if that what it takes to wiiiin!!!!!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

SheldonRandoms

SuperMalleo wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Your fryer needs moar revving to become champion

I'll sing about a burger with jelly on it, if that what it takes to wiiiin!!!!!

Feel free to do anything! I'll be here makin' my salami fruit salad

Untitled

TeeJay

I still don't quite understand what conquest mode IS, exactly.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

UGXwolf

@SockoMario It only makes sense that you have trouble with Link if you play Mega Man. Link appears to be really good at getting inside of Mega Man's little bubble, but he has the range to stay out of Mega's melee range. He's generally quicker than Mega, too, and it's really hard to use a projectile heavy character against Link. I've noticed that playing as Link, Mega Man is by far the easiest lvl 9 for me to beat, but Pikachu is easily the hardest.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

TeeJay wrote:

I still don't quite understand what conquest mode IS, exactly.

It's apparently kind of a passive competition. You fight normally online and it takes record of how certain fights and types of fights go. Players are asked not to try to influence the score, and it apparently filters out extreme outliers or something along those lines.

The point is, it's a glorified stats mode that monitors online and may be useful for getting an idea of what is generally better or worse in the game.

In this screenshot, it appears Japanese players are, on the whole, better with Reflet (Robin) than they are with Marth. Guess he really has been nerfed.

Edited on by UGXwolf

Iggly

UGXwolf wrote:

It's apparently kind of a passive competition. You fight normally online and it takes record of how certain fights and types of fights go. Players are asked not to try to influence the score, and it apparently filters out extreme outliers or something along those lines.

The point is, it's a glorified stats mode that monitors online and may be useful for getting an idea of what is generally better or worse in the game.

In this screenshot, it appears Japanese players are, on the whole, better with Reflet (Robin) than they are with Marth. Guess he really has been nerfed.

Don't wanna be nitpicky or anything, but that's Shulk and not Robin.

I'm pretty interested in seeing Conquest data myself, not too surprised people are better with Shulk than Marth.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Kewlan

Okay, I've been thinking about if I should get this game or not. My results are: I can't play this competitively. To me a good competitive game is where you have close to full control over your character. Anyway, I will get this game and try to play it more casually. I still think it's fun to wreck level 3 CPUs.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

LzWinky

Even then, after a while, you'll get used to the controls and can play "competitively". I had to use ALL controller methods for Brawl tournaments and I was just fine

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

bezerker99

If Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze goes on sale this Thursday as part of the Super Smashing Sale, I'm cancelling my preorder for Wii U and using that money to buy it. I just can't get into Smash and I feel it's important to invest my (limited) money into a title I will actually spend more than 20 minutes on.

Untitled

Edited on by bezerker99

SkywardLink98

SockoMario wrote:

GAMEPLAY wise, yes, they are the same games. But they're not. Each version has their own unique stages, features, modes, music, graphics, etc.

They have the same roster with the same movesets though. They aren't totally different games either.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

KO-Cub

SockoMario wrote:

GAMEPLAY wise, yes, they are the same games. But they're not. Each version has their own unique stages, features, modes, music, graphics, etc.

I actually think the feel will be different between the two versions. Seeing how accurate those players were executing those moves in the Smash Invitational really makes me see a difference.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

UGXwolf

SkywardLink98 wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

They have the same roster with the same movesets though. They aren't totally different games either.

This is why I don't call them two different games, but SockoMario's argument is why I don't consider it two of the same game, either. It's more like... two parts of a full $100 game. This is part of why I'm hoping to see characters you can only unlock in the Wii U version and transfer back to the 3DS. That and because the unlocking process for this game is pathetically easy.

SkywardLink98

UGXwolf wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

This is why I don't call them two different games, but SockoMario's argument is why I don't consider it two of the same game, either. It's more like... two parts of a full $100 game.

I consider them like Pokemon vs Pokemon. Some people might buy both, but they're to similar for my tastes.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.

UGXwolf

@SkywardLink98 It's definitely not like Pokemon X vs. Poke'mon Y (well, I say that, but this is based on speculation, albeit, entirely fair speculation). Poke'mon X and Y are literally the same story with different Poke'mon in different places that forces you to have both games or have a friend with both games to get all of the Poke'mon in the game. Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U have (most likely) different modes and different advantages because they're on two different systems.

Honestly, the only reason I need to buy both games is that I can take one with me wherever I go and play it at any time, but then I can go home and play the other on a big screen with friends that don't have the game and just enjoy the generally higher quality and controls. It's convenience vs. quality, as I've said many times, and I choose both.

Add onto that the high likelihood for Smash Wii U to have insane amounts of content compared to Smash 3DS and new modes and more features in general, not to mention better online, and you have a recipe for an instant pre-order.

Pokefanmum82

Not mine. And really how do you know they are similar. We haven't even got that much info on the Wii U version to be able to make a snap decision like that. I know most people that can't afford both, myself included, but we don't know enough about the Wii U version to determine that they are the exact same. So far the stages are different and the graphics are going to be different since one is 3D and the other HD. Yes the roster is the same but that's just because the two versions can connect to each other but to me there's enough differences announced already, that warrants me buying both. To each their own I guess.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

UGXwolf

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

I just now thought of this but can the data from the demo version of smash bros - 3ds be transferred over to a retail copy version of smash bros - 3ds?? Just curious because if not that's fine I'll just delete the demo & wait until next friday to pick up smash bro's - 3ds at GS!

Thank You in advance!

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

It appears it can in EU and Japan, but we don't know if it can in NA. The website says it can't, but that may not be final.

TeeJay

bezerker99 wrote:

If Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze goes on sale this Thursday as part of the Super Smashing Sale, I'm cancelling my preorder for Wii U and using that money to buy it. I just can't get into Smash and I feel it's important to invest my (limited) money into a title I will actually spend more than 20 minutes on.

Untitled

What a waste of a perfectly good Special Demo.

Untitled

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

SkywardLink98

@UGXwolf Afaik, they've only said more music and different stages for the Wii U version. While your speculation is fair, I'm a not-true-until-confirmed kind of person. While the Wii U may offer more content, I expect it will simply be another mode to rival Smash Run from the 3DS and maybe some trophies and stickers. If that's all it offers, I won't be picking up both copies.

Jazzer94

Quick question not really related to Smash but may involve the game, does the save data transfer tool allow for dl'd game save to be transferred to a cartridge or is it only cartridge to dl'd game.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.