Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 3,461 to 3,480 of 5,084

FriedSquid

I've noticed Pikachu is the hardest to keep up with on Lv. 9., but tends to spam Thunder and neutral B a lot. Villager also uses the Gyroid Rocket way too much, to the point where it isn't hard to fight them but it gets annoying. They also have unfair reflexes that you wouldn't get against a human opponent. No matter how many times I reflect the gyroid with Mario's cape he almost always Pockets it with ridiculous timing. It's also very annoying when Mega Man follows my trajectory as I fall to the stage and constantly uses his up Smash to juggle me.

Overall the CPU's are tough but after a while I've realized they tend to use the same patterns when they fight. If you can figure them out and expect what they'll do next, beating them becomes a cinch.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Uncle_Franklin

Yeah, the Level 9 CPUs are too easy.

The flag item works better than I expected.

Uncle_Franklin

CapeSmash

Level 9 isn't an issue for me, except for Link.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

TeeJay

I found all the Lvl 9 CPUs in the demo easy to beat in a one on one when using Villager, Link, Pikachu and Megaman. With Mario, however, I sometimes get trumped by another Mario. I was never all that great of a Mario player.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Pokefanmum82

Man all of you guys are making me feel bad that I can't even beat a Lv 4 CPU lol j/k I am such a noob when it comes to this game. First time ever playing it. I guess that's why I am not awesome at it like the rest of you lol

Edited on by Pokefanmum82

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Ufaowl

Does anybody know if ther will be d-pad support?

Ufaowl

3DS Friend Code: 2895-8740-3220

TeeJay

SuperMalleo wrote:

Ufaowl wrote:

Not really. It's mostly used for taunts and you need the Circle Pad to execute smash attacks.

You're saying they can't be switched? 100% sure? As fact?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Gridatttack

TeeJay wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

Ufaowl wrote:

Not really. It's mostly used for taunts and you need the Circle Pad to execute smash attacks.

You're saying they can't be switched? 100% sure? As fact?

Yes. Watch GameXplain videos where they answer questions.

Someone asked a thing for controllers and they went to edit them. You can only swap ABXYL and R buttons around

No sight for using the d pad :/

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

FriedSquid

To be honest I'm not sure why anyone would expect to use the D-Pad. I know people don't like the Circle Pad, but the D-Pad on the GameCube controller has never been used except for taunts. I don't see why it would be different here.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

LzWinky

Squid wrote:

To be honest I'm not sure why anyone would expect to use the D-Pad. I know people don't like the Circle Pad, but the D-Pad on the GameCube controller has never been used except for taunts. I don't see why it would be different here.

Wii remote had a d-pad

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Ufaowl

Squid wrote:

This is my first Smash game. And for me personaly d-pad feels natural for fighting games, where presicion is most important

Edited on by Ufaowl

Ufaowl

3DS Friend Code: 2895-8740-3220

JunkosBoobies

Squid wrote:

The D-Pad on the Wii Classic Controller is also used for taunts. So I really doubt they would change anything either, considering the 3DS controls are the exact same not counting the extra joystick (Circle Pad in this case).

Edited on by JunkosBoobies

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Samurai

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

Man all of you guys are making me feel bad that I can't even beat a Lv 4 CPU lol j/k I am such a noob when it comes to this game. First time ever playing it. I guess that's why I am not awesome at it like the rest of you lol

Omg no I'm sorry lol i was just curious and welcome to the smash world I've been playing since the 64 series and was just wondering what everyone else thought of the level 9 CPU and its no rush you will get better just keep practicing ( i have no life thats why i was able to handle a lv 9 after 3 matches on the demo ) >.< practice 1 level at a time and pay attention how the CPU moves and find a character you enjoy once you do then master them till you can face lv 9 CPUs videos help as well although i can beat all of the level 9 Cpu the demo offers i found pikachu the most annoying due to its speed ! that rodent and move :0 ( huge pikachu fan btw) and wait level 50 amiboo CPU ??? what in the world there are cpus stronger than a level 9 :0??! ( that would be heaven ) can anyone tell me about the so called lv 50 ambio CPUs? or fill me in on my ignorance this forum is pretty cool thanks for all the replies

Samurai

Iggly

Samurai wrote:

Omg no I'm sorry lol i was just curious and welcome to the smash world I've been playing since the 64 series and was just wondering what everyone else thought of the level 9 CPU and its no rush you will get better just keep practicing ( i have no life thats why i was able to handle a lv 9 after 3 matches on the demo ) >.< practice 1 level at a time and pay attention how the CPU moves and find a character you enjoy once you do then master them till you can face lv 9 CPUs videos help as well although i can beat all of the level 9 Cpu the demo offers i found pikachu the most annoying due to its speed ! that rodent and move :0 ( huge pikachu fan btw) and wait level 50 amiboo CPU ??? what in the world there are cpus stronger than a level 9 :0??! ( that would be heaven ) can anyone tell me about the so called lv 50 ambio CPUs? or fill me in on my ignorance this forum is pretty cool thanks for all the replies

While I'm not fully sure about the Amiibo AI, Nintendo stated that the Amiibo will get smarter the more you fight it. I don't know how smart the Amiibo will be after some intense training, it should be at least smarter than your average lv 9 CPU. Hope this helps.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Samurai

That does help whow.... a CPU that gets stronger as you fight it sounds like a dream come true :0.... god thats amazing i feel the harder a CPU is at times the more i can grow as a player thanks for the answer ( i need to go research this more) oh and playing on the original 3ds screen wise i didn't have any issue how about you guys ? i was worried about the whole ( i can't keep up with your character thing ) but i didn't have any issues so far

Samurai

LzWinky

Unfortunately that's for Wii U only...for now

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Captain_Toad

Samurai wrote:

That does help whow.... a CPU that gets stronger as you fight it sounds like a dream come true :0.... god thats amazing i feel the harder a CPU is at times the more i can grow as a player thanks for the answer ( i need to go research this more) oh and playing on the original 3ds screen wise i didn't have any issue how about you guys ? i was worried about the whole ( i can't keep up with your character thing ) but i didn't have any issues so far

I heard about 1 or 2 people so far having trouble keeping up with their character. Probably that's why there a recticule pointer option in the 3ds version when you tap your character on the bottom screen. And outlines. For me from playing the demo I had no problems 97% of the time.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Samurai

ah crap thats right i completely forgot ! grrr i don't feel like getting a Wii U i rarely have time for video games which is why i have a 3 ds .-. well that blows thanks for the info ah only the new 3ds can use amiibo well thats great way to alienate the first buyers of the system -____- meh oh well

Edited on by Samurai

Samurai

Captain_Toad

Samurai wrote:

ah crap thats right i completely forgot ! grrr i don't feel like getting a Wii U i rarely have time for video games which is why i have a 3 ds .-. well that blows thanks for the info ah only the new 3ds can use amiibo well thats great way to alienate the first buyers of the system -____- meh oh well

The ol 3ds users will get amiibo support as well through a yet-to-be announced device. Maybe there is I haven't been keeping up.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.