Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 2,561 to 2,580 of 5,084

Nintenbomba64

Smash should of been 5 players because on the 3DS, KI:U had 6 players (MADE BY SAKURAI BTW!) and the Wii U can have up to 5 players (including the Wii U)

3DS FRIEND CODE: 0834-3222-4994

Nintendo Network ID: Nintenbomba64

UGXwolf

Nintenbomba64 wrote:

Smash should of been 5 players because on the 3DS, KI:U had 6 players (MADE BY SAKURAI BTW!) and the Wii U can have up to 5 players (including the Wii U)

Smash has never been a 5-player affair and doesn't really benefit from BECOMING a 5-player affair, however, if they want to add a Player 0 slot for the playable bosses in the Wii U version, I could see that working.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MegaStoneSmash91

Looks like the Pics this week will be finishing out the menu reveals and such for the 3DS version. Is there any hope of one more veteran reveal before Friday? I mean, after that it won't matter since the internet will know everything, but still. Specifically, I can't for the life of me think of a reason to not show Wario before the game releases. He certainly doesn't seem like the kind of character that would be unlockable.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

TeeJay

Cool, I'm honestly surprised to see replays returning in the 3DS version. The Wii U version sure, but the 3DS version was a surprise. I just hope they're not as useless as they were in Brawl, where any fight of aleven a moderate length couldn't be recorded.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Grumblevolcano

Outside of maybe a NA/EU direct about the New 3DS as that's a very important topic of discussion regarding Smash 3DS, I don't see any new character reveals happening.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DreamyViridi

Yeah, some people are complaining as usual about how it's "just more menus", but the POTD confirmed replays in the 3DS version which I'm very happy for. I'll be sure to save my first online match as the first replay. Do hope the game allows for a decent amount of freedom when it comes to taking pictures.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MrWalkieTalkie

SockoMario wrote:

Untitled

"Pic of the day. This is what the view looks like within the Vault. Your Trophies collection will start off with one randomly selected trophy. In your Album, you can view pictures you've taken of fighters posing. Photos taken with the 3D Depth Slider on will take photos in stereoscopic 3D, and photos will be in 2D when they're taken with that feature turned off."

Who is that on the far right of the trophies behind Toon Link?

I'm able to recognize the trophies are Magnus, Shy Guy Karting, White Pikmin (with a very detailed background I may add!), and some mushroom man? Who is that?

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

TeeJay

DestinyMan wrote:

Niconico will be having a Smash Bros. 3DS stream this Friday at 7 PM Japanese time, or 6 AM ET/3 AM PT.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv192594604

Hyyyyyyyyyyyyype!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Rob234111

I paid off my preorder for this game yesterday! I'm SO FREAKING EXCITED.

Add my FC to trade Pokemon!
Main 3DS: 0705-2664-7237 <- Add this one if we are trading
IGN: Emily Friend Safari: Poison (Seviper, Ariados, Muk)
Secondary 3DS: 4339-2493-2659
I have LOTS of shiny Pokemon for trade!

3DS Friend Code: 0705-2664-7237 | Nintendo Network ID: Witchfire76

Nintendo6400

This stream will probably be my final look at the game before the English release of the game, but 3 am is just too early for me. Hopefully someone will post the recording here on the forums.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

TuVictus

I have $45. I wanna buy smash but curtain call has been a must have for months now. I may risk not having money when it does come out. Oh decisions decisions of a poor college student

TuVictus

Inkling

HYPE

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Grumblevolcano

I'm hoping the leak is wrong and we get Tails instead.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Namco

Splatom wrote:

HYPE

Will the hype train ever stop?

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Grumblevolcano

Miss_Pixelheart wrote:

Splatom wrote:

HYPE

Will the hype train ever stop?
No sir, I believe It's only going faster
Attention! The next halt is 3 October

Haha, Gotta love having conversations with yourself

Grumblevolcano

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

The fact that the Ice Climbers AI is probably more complex than Luma does matter. I am not sure if the game could handle 4 CPU Ice Climbers with 8 AI running at the same time.

This is fact? They just follow each other and attack with a 1 second delay of each other.

you haven't played Ice Climbers have you? It isn't as simple as that. It is possible to separate the Ice Climbers to attack from multiple angels. There is a lot of AI behind Ice Climbers. Luma doesn't seem to have as much AI

I'm gonna have to disagree on that one. Luma breaks all the established rules of the game. Nana does not. This means that Luma has its OWN set of rules, which would make him more complex than Nana is. As for Ice Climbers separating, that seems more like tricking the AI than an intentional complication of the AI, itself.

my experience with Ice Climbers and Rosalina left me with the impression that Luma's AI was far below that of Ice Climbers. Luma, to me, was more of a way to attack and less of a partner. I couldn't do much with Luma, I may just need to practice. Luma seemed very simple in the way it moved and most importantly didn't seem affected to much by physics. Ice Climbers on the other hand feel like a partner that you have minor control over. Also the physics affect both Ice Climbers the same way. For these reasons I can totally see how Rosalina & Luma would be easier on the hardware than Ice Climbers. Luma just doesn't seem that smart compared to Ice Climbers

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

19Robb92

There's no way the Luma requires more complicated calculations than The Ice Climbers. Luma is nothing more than a mimmic of Rosalina, it's not capable of performing its own actions. The Ice Climbers are a lot more complicated.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

DreamyViridi

I personally hope the character that's revealed is someone we don't know yet, as in someone that wasn't leaked.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

TuVictus

It's also necessary to consider that you can't knock Luma away from Rosalina, and if you do, I think it just blows up and is replaced. Ice climbers, you can completely separate the two characters, even kill one while the other lives. I'm going to say IC definitely require more work on a technical level than Rosalina. Those are my thoughts.

I can't wait for the stream, I hope the mode is an event mode or something even better

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.