Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 2,541 to 2,560 of 5,084

Undead_terror

ryanator008 wrote:

Looks like they've leaked a new Smash Character: http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/563/212/b79.jpg

And here is him with a costume for someone! http://31.media.tumblr.com/8d802e588db18dc568c2df9bbeef4ab1/t...

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Inkling

lol

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

NintendoFan64

We'll find out if the Ice Climbers are cut on Friday. Keeping my fingers crossed for them and Lucas.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

TeeJay

Scanning wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@Scanning @TeeJay I side with TeeJay on this one. I really don't understand how ANYONE thinks the Ice Climbers are MORE complex than Rosa/Luma. Luma pretty much acts EXACTLY like Nana, except he has very strange gravity, can be sent away or called back at a whim, can be resummoned, and doesn't have a delay on his attacks like Nana does. I seriously have no idea how people think that's LESS complex than the Ice Climbers, which is essentially an AI designed to stay right next to Popo and do as he does with a slight delay.

One thing to consider is that the Luma is significantly smaller than Rosalina. Nana is essentially an identical model to Popo, so having four Ice Climbers in battle means have 8 of the same character onscreen at the same time. It may not be anything, but it's something to keep in mind.

I'm just gonna bring up (again) that Kid Icarus Uprising's online had 8 players battling at once in a 3D environment and worked just fine. Whether or not the Ice Climbers are slightly bigger than Luma is completely irrelevent.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Jazzer94

TeeJay wrote:

Scanning wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@Scanning @TeeJay I side with TeeJay on this one. I really don't understand how ANYONE thinks the Ice Climbers are MORE complex than Rosa/Luma. Luma pretty much acts EXACTLY like Nana, except he has very strange gravity, can be sent away or called back at a whim, can be resummoned, and doesn't have a delay on his attacks like Nana does. I seriously have no idea how people think that's LESS complex than the Ice Climbers, which is essentially an AI designed to stay right next to Popo and do as he does with a slight delay.

One thing to consider is that the Luma is significantly smaller than Rosalina. Nana is essentially an identical model to Popo, so having four Ice Climbers in battle means have 8 of the same character onscreen at the same time. It may not be anything, but it's something to keep in mind.

I'm just gonna bring up (again) that Kid Icarus Uprising's online had 8 players battling at once in a 3D environment and worked just fine. Whether or not the Ice Climbers are slightly bigger than Luma is completely irrelevent.

KI:U had up to 6 players.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

TeeJay

Jazzer94 wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Scanning wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

KI:U had up to 6 players.

Really?

Damn, it's been too long since I've played Uprising.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

DefHalan

The fact that the Ice Climbers AI is probably more complex than Luma does matter. I am not sure if the game could handle 4 CPU Ice Climbers with 8 AI running at the same time.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TeeJay

DefHalan wrote:

The fact that the Ice Climbers AI is probably more complex than Luma does matter. I am not sure if the game could handle 4 CPU Ice Climbers with 8 AI running at the same time.

This is fact? They just follow each other and attack with a 1 second delay of each other.

DefHalan

TeeJay wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

This is fact? They just follow each other and attack with a 1 second delay of each other.

you haven't played Ice Climbers have you? It isn't as simple as that. It is possible to separate the Ice Climbers to attack from multiple angels. There is a lot of AI behind Ice Climbers. Luma doesn't seem to have as much AI

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

UGXwolf

DefHalan wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

you haven't played Ice Climbers have you? It isn't as simple as that. It is possible to separate the Ice Climbers to attack from multiple angels. There is a lot of AI behind Ice Climbers. Luma doesn't seem to have as much AI

I'm gonna have to disagree on that one. Luma breaks all the established rules of the game. Nana does not. This means that Luma has its OWN set of rules, which would make him more complex than Nana is. As for Ice Climbers separating, that seems more like tricking the AI than an intentional complication of the AI, itself.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Eel

Yeah, since the second ice climber still needs input from the player to do anything (outside of doing its best to return to the main ice climber when separated), I wouldn't call that "super advanced artificial intelligence".

If they can separate and act "independently" (not really), it's because the player knows how to do that. Not because the artificial intelligence was designed to be autonomous.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CapeSmash

Untitled

"Pic of the day. This is what the view looks like within the Vault. Your Trophies collection will start off with one randomly selected trophy. In your Album, you can view pictures you've taken of fighters posing. Photos taken with the 3D Depth Slider on will take photos in stereoscopic 3D, and photos will be in 2D when they're taken with that feature turned off."

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

CapeSmash

I don't care for this PotD, because this menu was leaked last week...

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

LucinaSmash

SockoMario wrote:

Untitled

"Pic of the day. This is what the view looks like within the Vault. Your Trophies collection will start off with one randomly selected trophy. In your Album, you can view pictures you've taken of fighters posing. Photos taken with the 3D Depth Slider on will take photos in stereoscopic 3D, and photos will be in 2D when they're taken with that feature turned off."

Pikachu must be the smartest character in Smash Bros

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

Shirma_Akayaku

I love the fact that Rosalina is on the front of the Sounds icon. She's like a conductor with her wand.
Untitled

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Jazzer94

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

I love the fact that Rosalina is on the front of the Sounds icon. She's like a conductor with her wand.
Untitled

Toon Link would have been a lot more fitting.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.