Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros 3DS discussion thread

Posts 2,581 to 2,600 of 5,084

Kewlan

Holy cheese, 8 hours?! Think they'll show us some new Zelda U stuff?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

DefHalan

Kewlan wrote:

No, they have so many other games coming out sooner. Plus we still haven't seen any Star Fox footage.

Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Captain Toad
Mario Party 10
Yoshi's Wooly World
Pokemon Omega/Alpha
Sonic Boom
possible indie games.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Grumblevolcano

DefHalan wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

No, they have so many other games coming out sooner. Plus we still haven't seen any Star Fox footage.

Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Captain Toad
Mario Party 10
Yoshi's Wooly World
Pokemon Omega/Alpha
Sonic Boom
possible indie games.

I'm hoping for Splatoon and Mario Kart 8.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kewlan

It's 8 hours tho, they'd be able to fit in another 1 minute video... please...

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

TuVictus

I'm betting the only time we will see any Zelda u video is E3 or a Japanese event.

TuVictus

DefHalan

Kewlan wrote:

It's 8 hours tho, they'd be able to fit in another 1 minute video... please...

I really don't think so. That game is a long way from coming imo. I am going to be impressed if they actually release it next year. Zelda is just too far for them to be pushing right now. Nintendo is probably going to focus on this year and early next year.

@Grumblevolcano
Can't believe I forgot those two

Shirma_Akayaku

Okay, I'm taking requests for people on recording voice clips for any character from the 3DS and Wii U version. These voice clip requests can apply to any character, assist trophy, etc. I already have Rosalina & Luma on my list, so I'll take any others.
Untitled

If you wanna make a request, please add my name so I'll get an email too.
@Shirma_Akayaku

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

UGXwolf

You guys are arguing from the point of what the player has to do to get the characters to act a certain way, but you're missing the obvious point that the more work it takes for the player, the less the CPU actually had to do. Luma's AI breaks the rules and physics of Smash meaning that Luma has its own set of rules. Luma is affected by gravity, but its in a very strange way and the fact that Luma can be knocked out via damage and brought back without a KO is further proof that Luma has an entirely different set of rules.

Nana is literally a Popo with an AI that tries to copy and stay next to the player. The fact that the player can desynch them is evidence that the AI is actually weaker, as its goal is to stay by Popo and do what he does. Desynching Ice Climbers is accomplished by tricking the AI. I seriously don't see how anyone actually thinks Ice Climbers are harder on the CPU than RosaLuma.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

TeeJay

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

Okay, I'm taking requests for people on recording voice clips for any character from the 3DS and Wii U version. These voice clip requests can apply to any character, assist trophy, etc. I already have Rosalina & Luma on my list, so I'll take any others.
Untitled

@Shirma_Akayaku

Huh...wha? You have the game?!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Shirma_Akayaku

TeeJay wrote:

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

Untitled

@Shirma_Akayaku

Huh...wha? You have the game?!

I'm currently trying to get the Japanese version, but attempts to do so has been futile. The minute the game comes out in the US, that's when I'll start. It'll be at midnight (download).

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

19Robb92

UGXwolf wrote:

Luma's AI breaks the rules and physics of Smash meaning that Luma has its own set of rules.

Doesn't matter as long as the calculations are simple. That is what puts pressure on the system. The only "AI" (if you can even call it that) the Luma has is floating from one corner to another when separated. That is it. It's an extremely simple program. Every attack is just a mimic and all handled by the player.

Nana actually has AI. She can perform moves on her own, save herself from falls, jump on to higher located platforms etc. all by herself. She is not just a mimic version of Popo when separated, she turns in to a standalone CPU. While she has limited capabilities, she is still far more advanced than the Luma.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

UGXwolf

19Robb92 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Luma's AI breaks the rules and physics of Smash meaning that Luma has its own set of rules.

Doesn't matter as long as the calculations are simple. That is what puts pressure on the system. The only "AI" (if you can even call it that) the Luma has is floating from one corner to another when separated. That is it. It's an extremely simple program. Every attack is just a mimic and all handled by the player.

Nana actually has AI. She can perform moves on her own, save herself from falls, jump on to higher located platforms etc. all by herself. She is not just a mimic version of Popo when separated, she turns in to a standalone CPU. While she has limited capabilities, she is still far more advanced than the Luma.

From what we saw of Bill Trinen playing Rosalina, I'm inclined to believe that Luma does "float from corner to corner. Luma tries, when able, to maintain the same distance from Rosalina and stay on level with her. Luma's gravity is strange and the rules are different. Nana's only self-appointed task is to return to Popo whenever and however possible. So she can jump on her own. We've seen that Luma can act on its own, if you remember from the reveal trailer. Even without player input, Luma tries to stay within the same distance of Rosalina and on the same vertical level. Not to mention, Luma has its own moveset, unlike Nana. I can't see how controlling two of the same character could possibly be harder on the CPU than controlling treetop separate characters, one of which has a completely different set of rules.

I simply don't believe for even a second that the 3DS version can't handle the Ice Climbers.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

bloody_velvet

Do you think the Ice Climbers (if they really are cut) can be implemented through DLC but be exclusive to the New 3DS? Or do you think that will just make fans mad? (Does the added CPU even help towards the Ice Climbers cause?)

Nintendo4life! 3DS FC: 4167-5841-4337 add me. Nintendo Network: ALANZH

Twitter:

19Robb92

UGXwolf wrote:

I simply don't believe for even a second that the 3DS version can't handle the Ice Climbers.

That I don't know. It would seem weird though.

I'm not trying to argue agains the IC, I'm just arguing that Nana definitely is a more complicated program than the Luma.

Eel

Nice. I like the added lucky factor with the roller thing.

And the "you may lose some rewards for losing" thing, too.

The amount of unlockable rewards seems pretty big too, with equipment, trophies, attacks, clothing for miis... The game as a whole will be rather replayable.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DefHalan

19Robb92 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

That I don't know. It would seem weird though.

I'm not trying to argue agains the IC, I'm just arguing that Nana definitely is a more complicated program than the Luma.

Same here

CapeSmash

Untitled

"Pic of the day. In Classic mode, a roller spins before every stage to determine your reward. Rewards in red are for customization, green ones are trophies, and yellow means precious gold. Of course, if you raise the intensity, the abundance of these rewards will increase quite a bit, too. You can be rewarded in every stage, so in that way this mode might be a little more generous compared to previous games in the series."

Untitled

"And here's the results screen. It shows what you gained in each stage, but you won't be rewarded until you clear it all. If you mess up in the middle, you can lose some of them too. The fighter icons are special attacks, and icons like the shield are equipment. The icons that say Mii on them are hats and clothes for Mii characters. Icons that show characters on a stand are trophies, of course, and the coins are gold you earned."

Bonus:

Untitled

Larry Koopa confirmed.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Undead_terror

Now if there was a mission in which you had to fight all the Koopa kids and Bowser with a remix of this going in the background.

Edit: I forgot about this, they could use this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj0idTPxxoE

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

19Robb92

All these menu screens are pretty boring. But I guess that's fine considering we'll get to see the final build on friday.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.