Forums

Topic: Paper Mario 3DS

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,089

xBASSxMONSTAx

I might pick up Paper Mario: Sticker Star when it eventually goes in the bargain bin at my store for around £15. No way am I paying £30 for a game that I know will frustrate me and piss me off. This game should come with a free guide as that's the only way your going to make it enjoyable.

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

moomoo

To those arguing for the game's design choices because it doesn't hold the players hand: would it be so much for the game to tell the player if all the thing stickers had been found in the area? There's no way for the player to know whether an area is fully explored or not when it comes to "thing" stickers, which are necessary to advance. A game can guide the player towards a goal without hand-holding, and a number indicating whether an area had been fully explored or not would be simple to implement and wouldn't get in the way of the player's gratification towards exploration.

I know that I would end up feeling frustrated for all the wrong reasons when playing this. The game isn't difficult because of this design choice; it'll make it a chore to play through for me and others without a guide.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Radixxs

This honestly looks like Super Mario 3D Land for Paper Mario in terms of reusing the series' ideas and having no story or anything actually new. Except for the stickers of course, which look to be more annoying than anything.

AND YES, I am judging the game before playing it because THAT'S WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO before buying a game.

Edited on by Radixxs

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

Tricoloryoshi

Calm down...
Imma get the game though

Three#1658
Kid Icarus Uprising Multiplayer Discord: https://discord.gg/aaewMv2
https://backloggery.com/Tricoloryoshi
NNID: Tricoloryoshi
3DS: 1332-8860-5661

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

Chrono_Cross

So from what I've been reading, Sticker Star is yet another disappointment on 3DS?

also is this it's the same now it sucks or they changed it now it sucks or both? I'm confused.

No, anyone who read this mess of a sentence is confused.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Aviator

CactusJackson wrote:

So from what I've been reading, Sticker Star is yet another disappointment on 3DS?

Seems like it. A lot of the reviews though, seem to be very critical of it but are still giving it high scores.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

kkslider5552000

moomoo wrote:

To those arguing for the game's design choices because it doesn't hold the players hand: would it be so much for the game to tell the player if all the thing stickers had been found in the area? There's no way for the player to know whether an area is fully explored or not when it comes to "thing" stickers, which are necessary to advance. A game can guide the player towards a goal without hand-holding, and a number indicating whether an area had been fully explored or not would be simple to implement and wouldn't get in the way of the player's gratification towards exploration.

I know that I would end up feeling frustrated for all the wrong reasons when playing this. The game isn't difficult because of this design choice; it'll make it a chore to play through for me and others without a guide.

sounds like super metroid

4 word rebuttal

and in general I'm not saying it doesn't have problems, but more that I prefer it being flawed in this way than FI STOP TRYING TO RUIN SKYWARD SWORD. You seem to be confused that I think this is gonna be the most flawless game ever. This is just the game the series most desperately needs and I desperately wanted.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

kkslider5552000

also people acting like 80 on Metacritic is bad, like I don't think anything on Metacritic for a while has been a 90 or above so...?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

noname001

Reviewers are just very critical of a series they've loved. Nothing more.

It's a Paper Mario game, that's all I need to hear to know I will absolutely love it.

noname001

Joeynator3000

That and its Intelligent Systems, lol. You know they're still awesome.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

CerealKiller528

Well, I've never played a Paper Mario, so technically, this should feel like a new Paper Mario game.

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

6ch6ris6

why are so many here getting upset because some of us dont want to play the game?
you need to judge a game before buying it. you need to know if you will have fun with it. and with the new game mechanics this game has, i already know i wont have fun with it. disappointing cause i love the visuals in this game and paper mario on N64 was awesome.

have fun playing the game!
i know i cant

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Banker-Style

Never played a Paper Mario game before,you think this is worth a buy?

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

ThePirateCaptain

@HungryBanker
From what I hear, I think it would be a good place to start off and if you enjoy it, look into the original Paper Mario on VC.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

JonWahlgren

A-Hungry-Banker wrote:

Never played a Paper Mario game before,you think this is worth a buy?

Apart from the random sticker key nonsense, I suspect a lot of the changes made were to ease completely new players in.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

GamecubeMan

I’m surprised in GamExplain the most. They seemed REALLY excited for this title and them they turn around and give it a 2/5 or maybe it's just me.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

TheDreamingHawk

Still better than SPM.

And I love it as the stat gains are slightly like in FFII for famicom.

Gonna get it for christmas.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

xBASSxMONSTAx

GamecubeMan wrote:

I’m surprised in GamExplain the most. They seemed REALLY excited for this title and them they turn around and give it a 2/5 or maybe it's just me.

Maybe because it was a massive letdown compared to the other paper mario's. My friends have also canceled their pre orders. It's a real shame that Nintendo seemed to have messed this up.

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.