3DS Forum

Topic: Paper Mario 3DS

Showing 381 to 400 of 1,122

AuthorMessage

AddADashOfSalt

381. Posted:

@JonWahlgren How long did it take to complete?

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

382. Posted:

I thought exp points were still in the game...just not in battles. o.o
Anyways like I said, I could already tell this wouldn't top TTYD and would probably end up being #2 for me. lol

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

383. Posted:

no interest in this game thanks to the stupid sticker-system.
not saying that it doesnt work, but i just dont want to need a "sticker" to just jump on my enemies. if they would have used stickers only for special abilities then it would have been okay for me.

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

JonWahlgren

384. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

@JonWahlgren How long did it take to complete?

A while — I spent a lot of time putzing around so my clock may be inflated but I'd say on average 20-ish hours or so, shave some time off if you have a guide.

Editor At Large
NLFM podcast | Twitter | Thunder Panda!

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter: jonwahlgren

AuthorMessage

AddADashOfSalt

385. Posted:

Ok thanks! Sounds good!

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

386. Posted:

Also, is the Pit of 100 in this game? xD (or something like it?)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

Bluezealand

387. Posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1D...

ouch oO

Bluezealand

AuthorMessage

xBASSxMONSTAx

388. Posted:

Screw that. I am not buying it no more. This games been removed from my pre order. :(

Seriously WTF Nintendo? What have you done to this classic!

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage

CM30

389. Posted:

You're not at least going to play it and decide for yourself? Because that's putting a lot of faith in a single review which is a bit more negative than the majority of them for this game.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

390. Posted:

I was excited for this game. I'll have to pass though. I still need to beat Paper Mario 64, and that game seems more fun anyways.

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

391. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

You're not at least going to play it and decide for yourself? Because that's putting a lot of faith in a single review which is a bit more negative than the majority of them for this game.

lol why pay 40$/€ if you already know that some gamemechanic will piss you off?

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

Emaan

392. Posted:

I'm getting it anyways. I don't think I've ever backed out of getting a game I want because of reviews...which most are positive!

I'll formulate my own opinion.

Plus, I've been too excited and too hyped to play this to just give up on the game so quickly. :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

393. Posted:

Yeah I don't know why people think 8/10 means that this is a terrible game, lol.

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

394. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Yeah I don't know why people think 8/10 means that this is a terrible game, lol.

I don't think it's a matter of the overall score but rather how severe the negatives are/seem to be.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

395. Posted:

I got Metroid Other M after reviews, a 2/5 from a thing I've never cared about isn't exactly gonna change that. Wow that review was whiny. It tried to be credible but it just came across as a joke and it contradicted itself every minute. And between that the entire thing was making the common mistake of complaining about what the game isn't rather than actually what the game is (with a nice dose of "they changed it now they sucked"). I rarely say this but even I could make a better thought out review.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

moomoo

396. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

That review is done by someone who is judging the game based on its predecesors moreso than anything else. For people that looked forward to this game as a new Paper Mario game, it's bound to be dissapointing.

I feel Destructiod had the best review of this game by far, because it showcased how the renewed combat system changed the dynamic of the game to something that was totally different. Whether that was good or bad depends on perspective, obviously, but for people defining this game as an RPG, it's not. It's an adventure/exploration game that plays out through turn-based battles. This is what they said:

"Overall, it's fans of the first two Paper Mario games that may end up being the most disappointed with Sticker Star. If you wanted a big story, a large group of side characters, and traditional "attack, magic, item" turn-based RPG combat, you may be sad to see that Sticker Star has none of the above. Instead, you get a resource collection/management, action/exploration game that left me running from enemies and conserving "ammo" in the way I used to in Resident Evil 1-3, while exploring a big, secret-filled world in the traditional Nintendo style."

Here's the full link: http://www.destructoid.com/review-paper-mario-sticker-star-23...

Personally, I'm not getting it. Resource management games have never been my thing.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

397. Posted:

No this is the best review. http://www.technobuffalo.com/reviews/paper-mario-sticker-star...

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage

moomoo

398. Posted:

So basically, playing this game with a guide is a necessity. Not good game design there.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Void

399. Posted:

Looks fun to me, it doesn't really look like a Paper Mario game, but I'll get it.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

400. Posted:

It seems fine to me. IGN and NintendoLife gave it a 8. At first I hated the Sticker mechic, I thought it wouldnt work but now I like it. Hopefully I wont find myself frustrated with the game. :3 Anways cant wait for this title, if this game is good than I wonder what Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon will get :O
EDIT
By the way I havent seen a review that has mention the Pit of 100 Trials! Does the game even have one? :O

Edited on by GamecubeMan

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407