3DS Forum

Topic: Paper Mario 3DS

Showing 401 to 420 of 1,122

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

401. Posted:

I'm wondering about a "cooking" feature too. >.>
Though it kinda makes sense you can't, erm, cook stickers. xD But...the whole mixing items thing is fun for me.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

402. Posted:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/paper-mario-sticker-star

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter: jazzygcnman

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

403. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

So basically, playing this game with a guide is a necessity. Not good game design there.

translation: it isn't holding your hand. This isn't necessarily true, just my immediate rebuttal to this statement.

Yeah, I'm convinced this really is like the first Paper Mario but different. Even if it has legit other issues (which I can believe quite easily like every other game ever), that alone makes it one of the most appealing games for me this year by default.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

404. Posted:

People these days complain too much.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

405. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

about video games. And they don't do anything about anything usually so they're just lazy too. I'm not being hypocritical because I clearly should have told people about other 3DS games in the NSMB2 thread for example. I hope someone's bought New LKS....

also is this it's the same now it sucks or they changed it now it sucks or both? I'm confused.

And even ignoring anything else I've said, if there's any series that deserves the benefit of the doubt, it's Paper Mario. I'm not gonna suddenly change my mind because some guy on the internet said so. That's dumb.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

406. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

also is this it's the same now it sucks or they changed it now it sucks or both? I'm confused.

And even ignoring anything else I've said, if there's any series that deserves the benefit of the doubt, it's Paper Mario. I'm not gonna suddenly change my mind because some guy on the internet said so. That's dumb.

I'm all for change. I loved Super Paper Mario more than the original (although not as much as Thousand Year Door). Because SPM was willing to change the combat system as drastically as it did, it's gameplay mechanics were able to shine. That doesn't seem to be the case with this game. It has the same kind of gameplay from the first two, but instead replaces a system that worked really well with one that just doesn't, at least based on many of the impressions of the game. Heck, it changes the way the game is approached, since it really isn't an RPG anymore.

I think people are fine with changes if the changes are actually positive. The systems this game put into place just aren't as good as the systems it replaced. Having an open world is all good, so is being able to traverse it to your liking, but when a random sticker is required it is annoying to know what to use but not have any clue where to find it. I'm fine with a game not holding my hand; I love Zelda games. But this game doesn't seem to do that in the right way. The player should have some sort of idea as to where stuff might be, and the game just doesn't do a good job as to where one can find "things". That is most certainly bad game design. It simply wastes the player's time and makes him or her get unecessarily frustrated.

One has to keep in mind that when such a bad flaw as this is present and the game is still getting 8/10 from most places show that there is still a good game here.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Discostew

407. Posted:

IMO, when a game forces to hold your hand, then the game isn't fun. I survived the retro gaming era that didn't have such "hand holding", and am ready to take on more, including Sticker Star.

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

xBASSxMONSTAx

408. Posted:

I might pick up Paper Mario: Sticker Star when it eventually goes in the bargain bin at my store for around £15. No way am I paying £30 for a game that I know will frustrate me and piss me off. This game should come with a free guide as that's the only way your going to make it enjoyable.

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

AuthorMessage

moomoo

409. Posted:

To those arguing for the game's design choices because it doesn't hold the players hand: would it be so much for the game to tell the player if all the thing stickers had been found in the area? There's no way for the player to know whether an area is fully explored or not when it comes to "thing" stickers, which are necessary to advance. A game can guide the player towards a goal without hand-holding, and a number indicating whether an area had been fully explored or not would be simple to implement and wouldn't get in the way of the player's gratification towards exploration.

I know that I would end up feeling frustrated for all the wrong reasons when playing this. The game isn't difficult because of this design choice; it'll make it a chore to play through for me and others without a guide.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

410. Posted:

This honestly looks like Super Mario 3D Land for Paper Mario in terms of reusing the series' ideas and having no story or anything actually new. Except for the stickers of course, which look to be more annoying than anything.

AND YES, I am judging the game before playing it because THAT'S WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO before buying a game.

Edited on by Radixxs

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AuthorMessage

Tricoloryoshi

411. Posted:

Calm down... :o
Imma get the game though

I izz anti-not good at teh grammerrzz.
If at first you don't succeed, ragequit.
Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.
Love is too mainstream, haters gonna hate~
my bio by @true_hero
Here is a link. Click it!!! щ(ಠ益ಠщ)

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

412. Posted:

So from what I've been reading, Sticker Star is yet another disappointment on 3DS?

No, anyone who read this mess of a sentence is confused.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Aviator

413. Posted:

CactusJackson wrote:

So from what I've been reading, Sticker Star is yet another disappointment on 3DS?

Seems like it. A lot of the reviews though, seem to be very critical of it but are still giving it high scores.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

414. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

To those arguing for the game's design choices because it doesn't hold the players hand: would it be so much for the game to tell the player if all the thing stickers had been found in the area? There's no way for the player to know whether an area is fully explored or not when it comes to "thing" stickers, which are necessary to advance. A game can guide the player towards a goal without hand-holding, and a number indicating whether an area had been fully explored or not would be simple to implement and wouldn't get in the way of the player's gratification towards exploration.

I know that I would end up feeling frustrated for all the wrong reasons when playing this. The game isn't difficult because of this design choice; it'll make it a chore to play through for me and others without a guide.

sounds like super metroid

4 word rebuttal

and in general I'm not saying it doesn't have problems, but more that I prefer it being flawed in this way than FI STOP TRYING TO RUIN SKYWARD SWORD. You seem to be confused that I think this is gonna be the most flawless game ever. This is just the game the series most desperately needs and I desperately wanted.

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

415. Posted:

Radixxs wrote:

AND YES, I am judging the game before playing it because THAT'S WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO before buying a game.

I still want the game, but so many times yes.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

416. Posted:

also people acting like 80 on Metacritic is bad, like I don't think anything on Metacritic for a while has been a 90 or above so...?

AuthorMessage

willobee

417. Posted:

Reviewers are just very critical of a series they've loved. Nothing more.

It's a Paper Mario game, that's all I need to hear to know I will absolutely love it.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

418. Posted:

That and its Intelligent Systems, lol. You know they're still awesome. :p

AuthorMessage

CerealKiller528

419. Posted:

Well, I've never played a Paper Mario, so technically, this should feel like a new Paper Mario game.

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

420. Posted:

why are so many here getting upset because some of us dont want to play the game?
you need to judge a game before buying it. you need to know if you will have fun with it. and with the new game mechanics this game has, i already know i wont have fun with it. disappointing cause i love the visuals in this game and paper mario on N64 was awesome.

have fun playing the game!
i know i cant

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall