Forums

Topic: 3DS Ocarina of Time Remake!

Posts 641 to 660 of 733

Imperfect

I like fire tremple best too becuase its simple. No skipping between floors or backtracking, you just keep freeing gorons as you go along. Only annoying thing for me was that i fell off that stairyway at the end to get to the mega hammer becuase a damn keese hit me. Spent the next 20 minites getting back to where I was becuase I hadn't used fayores wind.

3DS FC:2535-3655-5551

Stereoman

Mistgun wrote:

@bboy You can also use L targeting to look around corners. Slow and steady wins the race. Has anyone else been beating the temples out of order? i started with the water temple, then the fire temple, then the forest temple then the spirt temple and finnaly the shadow temple, the one i avoided longest becuase i hate it.

Haha heh joking , or was this a test for the audience?
Some items are obligatory in other dungeons so you cant do it completely out of order.
But yes im trying it in master quest. Right now i done the forest temple first then water and am now at spirit temple, but still not sure if it works as im playing master quest the first time ever ...

For example in normal mode you cant start with water temple because you need the bow in certain situations ...
Or you need the better hook from water temple to even be able to reach spirit temple , etc , etc
Oh and in master quest you need bow too in spirit temple for example !

ps: I cant seem to be able to beat the marathon , so far i got 1:30 minutes and the rabbit man is still faster lol oO

greets

MH4 online thread

3DS Friend Code: 1504-7028-1432

Stereoman

Mistgun wrote:

I like fire tremple best too becuase its simple. No skipping between floors or backtracking, you just keep freeing gorons as you go along. Only annoying thing for me was that i fell off that stairyway at the end to get to the mega hammer becuase a damn keese hit me. Spent the next 20 minites getting back to where I was becuase I hadn't used fayores wind.

You know that farores spell seemed to be actually designed solely for the fire temple ?

MH4 online thread

Stereoman

iphys wrote:

You know how sometimes you can see through things that should be blocking your view — has anyone else had the camera view suddenly move over Link's head and see his head suddenly pop out of the screen and vanish and have it look like you're looking down at his neck like he's been decapitated? It was truly the most horrifying thing I've witnessed in this game, especially since it happened as I went to exit a door and I momentarily thought the door had somehow lopped his head off.

Sounds like you never played any polygon base videogame!
Thats common practice to design chars. Its called low poly model to save performance. Actually a very smart move to create hollow objects.

Hum any other people dissapointed about the manual ? Its just a freaking 5 page poster ? oO
The N64 had beautiful drawn toon links in it.
Wondering if its getting common those poster manuals ? I wouldnt mind for a map but for normal instructions ?! What the heck ...

greets

MH4 online thread

iphys

I usually don't play games done in 3D, because they make me claustrophobic only being able to see what's in front of you, so yeah I've definitely never had this experience of hollow objects.

I was also pretty disappointed with the lame fold-out pamphlet that we got instead of a proper manual.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Stereoman

Zephren wrote:

during master quest you have to use dins fire a lot! people said that the water temple in MQ was easier than the regular thing, i dont know whats wrong with them but the water temple in MQ was pretty hard, but it was fun:)

actually MQs water temple was way easier because ...
SPOILER DONT READ

because it felt like half of the temple space was just used for the skulltulas ...
the map , compass and hook are nearly in one space and can be caught pretty fast

greets

MH4 online thread

Stereoman

TokyoRed wrote:

I think the Shadow Temple is the worst part of Ocarina of Time as it's really driving my sister up the wall.

Actually the vibe of the shadow temple is great and the music
I think they could have made much more with the shadow theme and dungeon structure, just a minor complaint
But honestly i think shadow temple is the easiest of them all , even dodongos cave is harder lol ....

MH4 online thread

Stereoman

warioswoods wrote:

Once again, I feel exactly opposite regarding this point. The mood of Twilight Princess was handled perfectly, I'd say, whereas I feel bored frequently when traversing Hyrule in OoT. Boring green fields and blue skies! No sense of impending doom or existential threat most of the time, even though that plot should be creating plenty o' doom.

So i see someone constantly camping either in front of ganons castle or in front of the bridge of hyrule market
To fully feel the creepiness you need the fluffy goodiness for comparison wariowoods

MH4 online thread

warioswoods

Exactly, while I don't camp in front of the castle, I sure wish the future world (ie. adult Link) kept that sense of desperation and destruction more consistently.

When you first exit the temple of time, after pulling the sword, you find that the castle town is a startling dystopia, for Ganon used the power you unlocked 7 years ago to take unprecedented power and change the face of Hyrule. It's an incredible experience, and the highlight of the game.

Then, you walk a few feet from the castle, and suddenly it's blue skies and happy music again. It just ruins the atmosphere of a lost future they went to such lengths to create, and instead of a feeling of doom, sadness, or loss, you now feel as if there's no rush; you're just a guy in a big green field with all the time in the world to run around and act foolish. The difference between the past (as a small child, before Ganon's rise) and the future (a world ruled by Ganon) becomes trivial outside of the castle town itself, and that's a huge disappointment.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

RoyalBlur

After seeing how wonderful the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time looks on the 3DS graphically I wish that the Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword had been brought to the 3DS instead of the Wii. Seriously, our family is on the go far more than we are home and it's sort of difficult to use our Wii as much as we desire to. To have the ability to play a game as epic as LOZ Skyward Sword on the 3DS would be such a wonderful blessing.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

JadeGirl

kkslider5552000 wrote:

JadeGirl wrote:

I am stuck guys >.< at the Forest Temple I cant find the 3rd ghost and I went to this site to help me but I am still confused!

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_...

make sure you didn't miss any keys and check rooms both warped and unwarped (and by warped/unwarped I mean the thing the silver eye switch at the top of the large room does)

Thanks guys, I will try that. Also I logged out at the Forest Temple, and I went back to ride my horse but she was gone and I can't find her anywhere, do you think she is at the ranch, guys?

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

Dynetheous

play epona's song, if you freed her from the ranch then she should come to you when you play the song, but make sure your some where on hyrule field, if your in a village or a city then she wont come to you. hope this helps:)

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

JadeGirl

@Zephren, WOW THANKS! I never knew that if I played her song she would come to me. This is great news thanks a lot!

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

Dynetheous

no problem, glad i could help!

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

Late

Got the 3rd Spiritual Stone from Jabu-Jabu's Belly and now I'm an adult Link. Visited Kakariko Village and got the Hookshot.
I have VC version of OoT on Wii but for some reason I didn't like it that much and I'm still in Jabu-Jabu on VC version even after a year of buying it. I dunno why it is like that. I don't care about graphics, so it can't be that. Maybe it's just the fact that it has an awesome 3D and Gyroscope controls and it's my first 3DS game. It's just weird now that I think about it...

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Terave

No, in the future the world is ruled by Ganon. Would he like having happy music and a blue sky? No, not really. Maybe if the games was more darker at that time, then it feels more like Ganon's World likes he wishes.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

Imperfect

Stereoman wrote:

Mistgun wrote:

@bboy You can also use L targeting to look around corners. Slow and steady wins the race. Has anyone else been beating the temples out of order? i started with the water temple, then the fire temple, then the forest temple then the spirt temple and finnaly the shadow temple, the one i avoided longest becuase i hate it.

Haha heh joking , or was this a test for the audience?
Some items are obligatory in other dungeons so you cant do it completely out of order.
But yes im trying it in master quest. Right now i done the forest temple first then water and am now at spirit temple, but still not sure if it works as im playing master quest the first time ever ...

For example in normal mode you cant start with water temple because you need the bow in certain situations ...
Or you need the better hook from water temple to even be able to reach spirit temple , etc , etc
Oh and in master quest you need bow too in spirit temple for example !

ps: I cant seem to be able to beat the marathon , so far i got 1:30 minutes and the rabbit man is still faster lol oO

greets

It was a test to see if anyone would notice but i wasn't completley lieing, i did FINISH the water temple first after going halfway through the forest temple to get the bow then going to complete the water temple,and so on and so on( you don't need the hoverboots to cross the desert).Also no matter what the rabbit man will always beat you by one second. The development team couldn't think of a good reward to give you for beating him, so its impossibile.

Edited on by Imperfect

3DS FC:2535-3655-5551

Stereoman

warioswoods wrote:

Exactly, while I don't camp in front of the castle, I sure wish the future world (ie. adult Link) kept that sense of desperation and destruction more consistently.

When you first exit the temple of time, after pulling the sword, you find that the castle town is a startling dystopia, for Ganon used the power you unlocked 7 years ago to take unprecedented power and change the face of Hyrule. It's an incredible experience, and the highlight of the game.

Then, you walk a few feet from the castle, and suddenly it's blue skies and happy music again. It just ruins the atmosphere of a lost future they went to such lengths to create, and instead of a feeling of doom, sadness, or loss, you now feel as if there's no rush; you're just a guy in a big green field with all the time in the world to run around and act foolish. The difference between the past (as a small child, before Ganon's rise) and the future (a world ruled by Ganon) becomes trivial outside of the castle town itself, and that's a huge disappointment.

right i agree!!!
best way would have been a three parted developement
1. when you leave temple of time first completely doom and dark skyies everywhere
2. then after water temple completed a little improvement and less rain and darkness
3. after spirit temple completed nearly as blue and sunny as before, because riding epona over so much greenish and vitality is still so much fun ...
for the dark admirers they can still hunt the night owl ghosts at witching hour

greets

MH4 online thread

Stereoman

Mistgun wrote:

It was a test to see if anyone would notice but i wasn't completley lieing, i did FINISH the water temple first after going halfway through the forest temple to get the bow then going to complete the water temple,and so on and so on( you don't need the hoverboots to cross the desert).Also no matter what the rabbit man will always beat you by one second. The development team couldn't think of a good reward to give you for beating him, so its impossibile.

ok Mistgun,
but you know that you even extended the playthrough time with that detour over half forest temple ?
I couldnt do that My fingers would itch too much to killing the final boss of the current dungeon hehe
So my attempted failed somehow ... I did forest then water and then normal order of temples in master quest.....

But gosh i have to say spirit temple is a completely different challenge than the whole game in master quest.
Im still stuck there as a child link lol

I wish whole master quest was more like spirit temple hehe
Eh i hope you dont have to reach for a chest on a wall as child link in the sunbeam room? Because he is too small for that omg
Well trying it after a big break so annoying if you just need one small key to get those silver gauntlets but cant reach a certain chest ...

greets

Edited on by Stereoman

MH4 online thread

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.