mariopaperthin

thanks guys

khalil lewis
3ds friend code 3394-3611-9704
name mariopthin

SamuraiShyGuy

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

WOW! I beat the game!
One of the BEST games ever!! The 3D was so beautiful in the ending credits! The ending was really nice. I loved the game.

It's good to know that people who are experiencing the game for the first time ever nearly 13 years after its original release also think this is one of the best games ever. This just goes to show, even without all the nostalgia, this game is still amazing even up against current competition. I feel like playing my old collector's edition gold cartridge on the 64 again.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

SamuraiShyGuy

^ It's the game that made me a Zelda fan. I didn't even know what Zelda was back in '98 when I got this game for Christmas. I was blown away.

What do you guys think about the difficulty? I beat it when I was 10, with minor help on a few areas (like getting the Biggoron sword, I had no idea how to get that.) But I think it's difficulty was good, plus there is MQ for extra difficulty. Majora's Mask was a ton harder. I came back years later to beat that game.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

fishman100

When I first played this, you could have called me a "Zelda n00b" so I got stuck Inside The Deku Tree (which now seems outright disgraceful)

But it was a good game. Challenging at first, but the difficulty was good for a new player or a veteran. The Water Temple is perfect for veterans who want a challenge, IMO.

And speaking of the Water Temple, did anyone else (but me) skip the Fire Temple and go directly to the Water Temple immediately following the conclusion of the Forest Temple?

Go make some new disaster
That's what I'm counting on...
You're someone else's problem
Now I only want you gone
Now I only want you gone...

Retro_on_theGo

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

WOW! I beat the game!
One of the BEST games ever!! The 3D was so beautiful in the ending credits! The ending was really nice. I loved the game.

It's good to know that people who are experiencing the game for the first time ever nearly 13 years after its original release also think this is one of the best games ever. This just goes to show, even without all the nostalgia, this game is still amazing even up against current competition. I feel like playing my old collector's edition gold cartridge on the 64 again.

Absolutely, I never even saw the cartridge for Ocarina of Time before the announcement it was coming to the 3DS. At first I didn't care for it and wasn't going to get it, but I'm so glad I did! The gameplay was great and the challenge was nice. This game can still easily compete with games of today. I can now say I am a Zelda fan and very happy I am if other games in the series are as great as this one.

SamuraiShyGuy

^ Now you have to play Wind Waker. It's amazing. It takes adventure to a whole new level. Majora's Mask is also awesome, but it can be quite difficult. Once you play through it though, it's hard not to appreciate how every aspect and character in the game comes together perfectly. These are my three favorite Zelda games.

On a side note, when I played this game when I was 10 I honestly didn't find the water temple to be that much harder than the other temples. I thought the Spirit Temple was the most challenging. The funny thing is, I got stuck in the Water Temple after I beat Dark Link: I didn't realize that there was another door on the other side of the room... It took me a while to figure that out. lol

Edited on by SamuraiShyGuy

Retro_on_theGo

Bit of a SPOILER:
Anyone else kind of annoyed once you beat the game when you go back to it, it restarts you right before Ganon's Castle? Even after it saved, because you unlock master quest. I was going to try out boss rush mode and boom I'm back in Ganon's castle! (boss rush mode is great,by the way.) Is it suppose to just leave you there when you play the game again after you beat it? I mean, it's nice since I can see the credits again, but still. Either way I really enjoyed clearing the game and am looking forward to master quest later.

Joeynator3000

....Stuck on MQ's Fire Temple....ugh, have no clue on how to get this key. (you know, at the beginning in that large room)
EDIT: Hah, I knew it....I ask for help then figure it out. xD (didn't know the torch was hookshot-able)

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Kid_A

BellGoRiiing wrote:

....Stuck on MQ's Fire Temple....ugh, have no clue on how to get this key. (you know, at the beginning in that large room)
EDIT: Hah, I knew it....I ask for help then figure it out. xD (didn't know the torch was hookshot-able)

I was stuck on that room for far too long as well. I always forget about Din's Fire!
I have no idea why you used the hookshot, though. You can just climb the walls to the side of the flames

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

warioswoods

I played the Water Temple yesterday, and it was such a pleasure, particularly compared to the original. The menu on the N64 game was atrocious, IMO; it was such a pain to switch out your items, and even moreso to take those dang boots on and off.

The combination of the touchscreen equipment, persistent map, and even gyro controls changed it from a frustratingly slow experience to one of my favorite Zelda dungeons. It just goes to show how much these little things matter to gameplay.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

OldBoy

warioswoods wrote:

I played the Water Temple yesterday, and it was such a pleasure, particularly compared to the original. The menu on the N64 game was atrocious, IMO; it was such a pain to switch out your items, and even moreso to take those dang boots on and off.

The combination of the touchscreen equipment, persistent map, and even gyro controls changed it from a frustratingly slow experience to one of my favorite Zelda dungeons. It just goes to show how much these little things matter to gameplay.

Ditto.
It was always a well designed dungeon but the 3DS version is truly one of the best of the series.The menu system completly killed it on N64.In fact I'm finding the whole game an absolute joy controlwise.Map, touchscreen,ocarina and even the gyro controls(which I thought I would hate ) are all fantastic.
Completed it at the weekend and have now started master quest.I've enjoyed the first 2 dungeons and it really makes the dungeons feel fresh again.Can't wait to see what the Water Temple is like.The mirrored thing is really throwing me though LOL.I'm actually having to think about which way to go!!

What's this bit for again?

Imperfect

I think in all honesty that the water temple got a whole lot easier because it's so much less frustrating to switch the boots and raise/lower the water level.

3DS FC:2535-3655-5551

warioswoods

Another surprising moment: that large overhead-angle room in the Fire Temple with all the boulders rolling looks beautiful in 3D. It makes me want an entire 3DS Zelda game made in 3D from that overhead perspective.

Evidently Mario 3DS will contain a level of this type, but I want more. Perhaps they can take one of the 2D Zelda's and make an amazing "3D Classics" port?

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

retired_account

The water temple is one of my favorite temples so far. I need to do the Shadow Temple next... but I'm kinda scared to. D:

retired_account

ToadFan

I think that the Ocarina of Time 3D is a pretty good, it's much better then DS Zelda's.

ToadFan

fishman100

I played OoT on Virtual Console yesterday...I can now see the significant change in graphics much better now

Has anyone completed Master Quest yet? I'm going to start the Forest temple and I'm kinda scared >.>

Go make some new disaster
That's what I'm counting on...
You're someone else's problem
Now I only want you gone
Now I only want you gone...

Late

Haven't played OoT3D for few days, I have finished Forest Temple then I bought Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes and haven't found enough time for OoT anymore. It's also because of my job as my working times are from 10:45 to 19:15 so there isn't that much time for games anymore...

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.